• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How many old gen pokemon will evolve in this game ( not confirmed proof)

zipzap713

@Peteyism
On the japanese official website i read in one of the google translations that the proffeser's theory saysthat 90% of all pokemon evolve. i did the math and taht means 324 current gen pokemon will evolve. that means that only about 40 current gen pokemon won't evolve in the D/P game. That is means pretty much all the pokemon will be able to evolve except the legendarys.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
Only some past pokemon will get new pokemon added to their evolutionary lines. 90% of SHINOU pokemon will evolve.

Evan1203

A Song From the 60's
Which, of course, DOES mean a fair share more evolve compared to Johto. We already have a decent share of new evos and pre-evos (and they were all desperately needed; Electabuzz is the only Electric type I don't hate and they made him better now)

ΩOmega WeavileΩ

Skinning every bears
three hundred eighty-six Pokemon divided by ten equals thirty-eight point six minus twenty-one legendarys equals seventeen point six. Round that and that is eighteen. So approximatly eighteen pokemon of the current generation that AREN'T legends will not evolve. Big words are fun...:p

Last edited:
386 Pokemon Divided by 10 equals 38.6 minus 21 legendarys equals 17.6. Round that and that is 18. So approximatly 18 pokemon of the current generation that AREN'T legends will not evolve. Big words are fun...:p

i see math, but no big words

pokemonster2191

turtles=pwnage
i think they meant evolution chains as in mankey - primeape = 1, magby - magmar = 2, and so on and so on

BlackViper

three hundred eighty-six Pokemon divided by ten equals thirty-eight point six minus twenty-one legendarys equals seventeen point six. Round that and that is eighteen. So approximatly eighteen pokemon of the current generation that AREN'T legends will not evolve. Big words are fun...:p

Actually I belive that it would be 386-21(legendaries)X.9

So there for it would be 36.5. Round it to 37 and there ya go.
Or if you really want to make sure just go count them all.

Also, I think the 90% thing means that of the new pokemon will evole and ones that have already evolved will be excluded form that 90%.

I hope all the older Pokemon are in D/P so we don't need to import from the GBA games and go through that stupid re-catching PokePark thing.

zipzap713

@Peteyism
what i meant to say is that the 340 some pokemon will have an evolution chain and that the pokemon the won't have and evolution chain would be pretty much just legendarys

B.Dragon

Most likely, and as people have already said before, it will be 90% of Shinou Dex Pokemon. Example:

Shinou Dex has 200 Pokemon (JUST AN EXAMPLE!)

90% are included in evolutionary chains

200*0.9=180 (pokemon in evolutionary chain [pokemon that have at least one evo or one pre-evo])

20 pokemon will not evolve or have pre-evos (it can be new or old ones)

20-3(Legendarys)=18 pokemon that won't evolve

That 18 pokemon can be new ones but can also be pokemon like castform that don't get an evo/pre-evo but are included in Shinou Dex.

*On a side note be aware that this math is related to SHINOU Dex

Last edited: