• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How many pokemon can be stored? (Stadium 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrassFire

I watched the TV show growing up, but somehow missed the boat actually playing the games (weird, huh?). Now that I've gotten hooked, I've realized that storing RBY and GSC pokemon is pretty tricky/near impossible. The only 2 games I currently own are Yellow and Crystal. As far as consoles go, I have 2 original Gameboys, a Gameboy Advance, and a Gamecube. At least they're all Nintendo! :)

I have read that you can transfer pokemon from your games into Stadium 1 and 2, using a TransferPak, but I wasn't sure how many you could transfer over. Can you transfer your whole collection? Or just your party of 6? If it's just those 6, it wouldn't be worth it to me to buy an old N64 and all that, but if you can transfer more, I would strongly consider it. I replaced the battery in my Crystal cartridge before starting, but I know it will eventually conk out.

Are there any other good ways to store your RBY and GSC pokemon? I would rather not buy any more games, and I don't (and won't, for now) own a DS. It would be really nifty if you could somehow download them to your computer, but I'm sure I would've heard of that if it were that easy! :D

Thanks for the help!

Narshen

Rocket Grunt
Stadium 2 has 14 Storage Boxes, each capable of containing 20 Pokemon. On top of that, you're able to register up to 10 teams for each set of rules and various modes. Needless to say...storage is not an issue if you have the Stadium games.

GrassFire

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Actually, I read a few threads here and there on the forum and stumbled upon one that implied that after I posted mine, but it's good to hear it confirmed.

So... what hardware do I need? I'm thinking I could even just borrow a N64 from one of my friends (with a controller). Besides that, I'd need a Stadium cartridge, and a Transfer Pak, and I can easily acquire those. Do I need a memory card to actually store them on? I would assume they aren't stored on the cartridge. Do N64s use the same power and TV cords as GameCubes? They look similar without looking in detail.

Finally, whatever I am storing them on doesn't have a battery, right? I mean, it would be sort of pointless to change from one ticking time bomb to a different one, just with a different name! Thanks again!

Narshen

Rocket Grunt
No memory cards are required; it's all stored on the cartridge. The cables you plug into the TV are the same, though the AC adapters are quite a bit different. I'm afraid I can't really help you much with hardware issues....I'm not too knowledgeable about those kind of things. :[

And lastly, no, N64 cartridges do not utilize an internal battery like GB games do(or if they do, it's probably very different from GB ones), so your Pokemon should be safe.

GrassFire

thanks

Great! The main thing I wanted to know was about whether I needed a memory card or not, and you nailed it. Thanks, Narshen! ;098;

Status
Not open for further replies.