• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How many pokemon have you caught?

How many pokemon have you caught?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Galluo

3rd-4th gen trainer
Battling is probably the most interesting and rewarding part of pokemon. However the motto of pokemon is Gotta catch em all! I like assembling complete evolutionary lines in my PC based on type, as well as touring my pokedex once in awhile. What about you? How many pokemon have you actually caught, not seen out of 492? (Arceus not included because there is no legit way to get him.)

Grei

not the color
I'm too lazy to check right now...however, IIRC, I have less than 90 Pokemon to go before I complete the National Dex in my Diamond Version, which I'm pretty happy about.

Galluo

3rd-4th gen trainer
There is a legit way to get Arceus:

Movie event, then Toys'R'Us event.

Oh, really? Whoops I forgot about Japan! In that case the last poll option is 451-493 I guess. Sorry everyone who has an Arceus.

Last edited:

Erienne

Anime high :D
In total ever? Mostly likely over 250. On my current Platinum game, just 55.

Profesco

gone gently
I complete the Pokedex fully in every generation, at least once. This time around, it's my Diamond version that has caught every Pokemon.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I don't really collect/catch Pokemon, I mostly just battle. But I remember having 130 Pokemon on one game file once.

Galluo

3rd-4th gen trainer
Wow, there are more people who have caught nearly every pokemon than any other number. That's surprising!

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
For different types, around 300...but thats only in 1 game, i could, at any time, trad elike 50 more from Diamond...

Mudkip!

Pokémon Master
I only have 50 more to go (less if you don't count the legendaries). I organize my pc boxes by type and try to put each evolutionary chain in there... eventually I will organize the Pokemon in each box by # as well.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
I have somewhere in the 250's on each game (Diamond and Pearl). I try and finish each game before the next set comes out, but it never happens. My most complete are my Diamond and Pearl games. But once I finish Gen 4. I'll work backwards and catch em' all for each game (Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Ruby, Sapphire, Crystal, Silver, Gold, Yellow, and Blue. I would try for those last 5 but Gold's battery died so I can't save anymore, I gave my Crystal to someone and I don't plan on getting it back, and I don't feel like seeing Silver, Blue, and Yellow die on me so I only play Gen 3-4.)

pokemonmewpikachuluv

pikachus biggest fan
i have caught 493 pokemon

Mudkip!

Pokémon Master
I finally completed my Pokedex on Feb. 17th... all 493! 5th Generation... I'm gonna catch 'em all too! BRING IT! :D

Empoleon Bonaparte

I never catch all Pokémon because I can't and I won't. I usually stick at the amount that's needed to beat the game and fetch all my items for competitive battling.