• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How many starters do you prefer Ash to have?

How many starters do you prefer Ash to have?

• One Starter

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Two Starters

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • All three

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Ash has all three, he usually ignores everything else he's caught, which was the case in Kanto, Johto, and now Unova.

But in AG and DP, he had less than three and that allowed him to focus on his other pokes, which a lot of people seemed to like.

Also when he's dealing with only one or two, they all evolve to their last form, which is something people want to see with Ash's starters in general.

So how many do you prefer he get?

Last edited:

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
I personally think 2 would probably be best for him. I really liked seeing the starter/starters evolving to their final forms in Hoenn and Sinnoh, but that's just my opinion. ^^

tyranitarenthusiast

1..... 3 or 2 pokemon just isn't probable. then his starter could play a larger part then previous times

Dax

Legend
1!

I loved Hoenn because Sceptile was perfectly developed and while receiving the most attention didn't cheat others from their spotlight. The less starters, the more opportunities his other pokemon have to shine.

He should have gotten only Oshawott in Unova.

1!

I loved Hoenn because Sceptile was perfectly developed and while receiving the most attention didn't cheat others from their spotlight. The less starters, the more opportunities his other pokemon have to shine.

He should have gotten only Oshawott in Unova.

Ash getting Samurott would've made a lot of people happy. And with Bianca having Emboar and Trip having Serperior, everything would've been fair then.

It really does depend on the saga I suppose and how the writers handle them but what I have noticed is that the more starter Pokemon Ash gets, the less focus that is put on his other Pokemon. In Kanto, he got 3 starters and they were obviously the main ones focused on. In Johto, he got 3 starters and basically those 3 were the only 3 that got development when they weren't focusing on the Kanto team instead. In Hoenn, for the first time, he only got Sceptile and I think that really helped his non starters as a whole. Same with Sinnoh, he only got 2 starters and we really got to see his non starters develop. Now we are back to 3 starters and it seems like Oshawott, Tepig and Snivy take up all the screen time again with maybe the exception of Scraggy. So I would say only 1 or 2 each saga.

Ash getting Samurott would've made a lot of people happy. And with Bianca having Emboar and Trip having Serperior, everything would've been fair then.

Ash only having Oshawott has no effect on whether he'll evolve or not.

Really? Didn't know that.

If anything I think it would have been cool if Ash got Tepig, Iris got Snivy and Cilan got Oshawott. Mostly because the writers are fine with evolving Tepig quickly. Then Snivy and Oshawott could stay the same forever for all I care. ^^

An00bis

Wicked Witch
If it were up to me I wouldn't let him catch any.

I wish they would spend more time showcasing other Fire / Water / Grass Types on his team.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Let's put it this way, Johto and Unova are handling the starters the worst...and we know why. He got all 3 of them.

In Kanto the show first started, so it was understandable for Ash to get all 3 Kanto starters. And even though they didn't evolve, Bulbasaur and Squirtle still wound up being handled quite well.

Johto was a mess by giving Ash all the starters. Totodile could have gone to Misty at the least. Ash having Bayleef and Cyndaquil and Quilava happening back then would have been nice.

So basically, no, Ash shouldn't get all 3 starters.

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
I would like to see him get no starters in generation 6. It might outrage some, but I for one would like it.

Kanto made sense for Ash to have three of the Kanto starters. Bulbasaur, Charizard and Squirtle were well handled.

Johto gave him three of the Johto starters which was a very good move. Bayleef, Cyndaquil and Totodile were really good pokemon, i'm glad Ash gotten Totodile instead of Misty.

For Unova he was given three of the starters all over again. Oshawott, Pignite and Snivy had been perfectly well train.

Hopefully the 6 generation will be given him three of the starters again.

Last edited:
I'm ok with Ash getting all three of the Unova starters which hasn't happen since the good old Kanto/Johto days.

I'm ok with Ash getting all three of the Unova starters which hasn't happen since the good old Kanto/Johto days.

Oh yeah, the Johto Starters got handled really well. Remember the time in Johto when Ash used his Johto Pokemon in the 8th gym battle to show how far they've grown or how the Johto Pokemon put up a great fight against Gary. I remember those times. The Johto Pokemon really showed how strong they were. Ash didn't even need his Kanto and Orange Islands Pokemon to get all 8 badges and make the Top 8 of the Johto League.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Two sounds about right. I loved his Sinnoh team because he only had two Starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.