• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How many starters will Ash get?

How many starters will Ash get?

Votes: 2 25.0%

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • All 3

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • None

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
So how many starters do you think Ash will get in the 5th Gen season? I think he's going to get all 3 this time around.

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
Well assuming the girl from Black & White joins the group I think she'll get 1 starter. I think Brock will only keep Croagunk (if he stays, which seems likely) and if he doesn't get one of the starters I think Ash will get the other two starters.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I have no idea if this is Spoiler or not, I mean, nothing stops people from simply figuring out that there are NEW games coming out-

But, it's been a while that Ash has caught a water starter, and I know that twice now, each, he has had overly powerful Fire and Grass starters, so I actually think that having Grass or Fire starter(s) again would be boring...

However, the writers have usually given Ash the coolest looking starter, which is usually the most popular one among the fan-base. However, I can't really see a Water starter cooler than Squirtle or Totodile in the near future...

...so I'm undecided!

-Also, I read the page on Bulbapedia on Starter Pokemon, and apparently with Gen 4 there was a rumour that the starters would change to Dark, Fighting and Psychic. I would have liked that! Give Ash the Dark type!

Mimori Kiryu

I think since it seems Black & White will be so different compared to other games, it's possible the fifth generation/new season might possibly be very different in the show as well. Maybe it's possible Ash doesn't get any of the starters for this series. Or if he gets one, he ends up letting it go for some reason. I think a series without any starters for Ash would be good. It'll give him probably more room for a balanced team. Now, for the new sidekick of the gang, it'll depend on the gender of the character and the way the Pokemon looks itself. Kinda like with DP, it was the cute girl with the cute penguin. I figure something like that would happen again if it was a girl. As for a boy, that's up to speculation. It could be a badas* looking Pokemon or a cute one, depending on what the boy looks like (i.e. a cute kid kinda like Barry or a stern, more mature person like Paul). OR it could be a cute girl with the really awesome looking Pokemon. Who knows. I'd like to see at least one starter with the group and hopefully it'll evolve into all three stages (that seems iffy with the gang ex: Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Piplup). The only season all three evolved (except Mudkip) was Hoenn.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
5th gen discussion is still off-limits, especially with none of the starters actually revealed yet. Still, if you MUST discuss it, please take it to the Next Pokemon Thread.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.