• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How much do you care about other people?

In terms of caring for others, you are?

• Total voters
Not including your partner, real friends or close relatives, how much do you actually care about other people in general? Some people care about others even if they are strangers and others do not, but there are different degrees to this. I set 6 different degrees of this, going from completely altruistic, where you would sacrifice yourself, to actually just hating everyone in general. I believe most people would be in the moderate position, as charity is common and people say being selfish is bad.

Completely Altruistic - I do anything in my power to help other strangers, near and far and will readily sacrifice myself for anyone in need.

Very Caring - I regularly care about the plight of many people, but only in some instances would I put myself in danger for them.

Moderate - I feel for others if they are in a very bad situation, especially those who are vulnerable (ie. little children) and would give them charity. However, I won't put myself in any harm for them.

Somewhat Selfish - I only feel bad for certain people who are suffering, but besides my emotions I really won't even lift a finger for them.

Completely Egotistic
- I don't even feel any emotion for others, and see their suffering in a calculating or objective way.

Extremist - I hate everyone, and I actively hope for people around the world to suffer constantly.

Last edited:

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Not completely egotistic. Just in a way were you can see that I have a reasonable sense of pride. Beside that, I help people if they're in need and I usually keep my distances from other big groups at my campus. Yes, I am friendly and I do have friends myself. I'm just going to say that I have different sides.

Last edited:

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I say moderate. I pretty much don't care about others unless they ask for help. Otherwise, I'm only inclined to do things if they're in my best interest.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Completely egotistic. I don't give a damn about a stranger, but that doesn't necessarily mean I want them to suffer.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Somewhere between Very Caring and Completely Altruistic. I feel terrible when other people around me are feeling shitty or sad, and I try to do whatever I can to help them feel better. The feelings of my friends mean more to me than anything else, and if I'm not feeling timid I make tons of new friends at social gatherings. Other people mean the world to me.

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
I would say very caring because thats how I am,I love helping people even if they are strangers.

Somewhere between Very Caring and Completely Altruistic. I feel terrible when other people around me are feeling shitty or sad, and I try to do whatever I can to help them feel better. The feelings of my friends mean more to me than anything else, and if I'm not feeling timid I make tons of new friends at social gatherings. Other people mean the world to me.

The poll is not about caring for friends thought, instead about strangers or people you arent that close with in general locally and around the world.

Autis-misc

Abridger
If I read further, I would've chose Extremist.

People are Stupid. Even me, Because I am a Person who is stupid, since that is what we all are.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
I care about everyone on the planet and try to help them by teaching them the word of God.

But atheists and Canadians...nothing can be done for them. They are a lost cause.

RedAce♠

Ace Trainer
I care for people a lot and I hate seeing people unhappy, but trusting strangers... I still have trust issues and problem with judging some. Though I'm 97% time right ^^; But that's not the point here. So I'll stick with my choose from the start, Very caring

Earthia100

I care deeply about my friends. I would jump off a cliff for them. But as far as other people, I normally could care less. I try to be nice to everyone, but I don't exist to solve people's problems.

Xhilla

I'm between moderate and Somewhat Selfish, though leaning more to the latter, I think.

I can feel sympathetic to someone but for the most part I dont really care. That perhaps makes me sound like a bastard, but I really have difficulities to getting emotionally involved with anyone (unless they're family or friends), let alone strangers.

Last edited:
To be honest, I tend to not give a damn about other peoples issues. However, depending on my mood, sometimes I will try and help out.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
There is something about me that makes people think I care about their problems.
I don't. Stop effing complain to me. I have my own thoughts to focus on.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
I care about people a lot. I am a very empathic person. I really feel for others, and there is something about me (I guess) that makes people want to unload their problems on me lol. It's ok though, I actually like helping others :)

Altruism is what sets humans apart from other life. It's not just being caring; it's having a love for other people based on principle, even for those that you have no emotional attachment to. Agape in greek. I strive to display that everyday.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
Completely Egotistic, as I believe that such is the most beneficial position for me judging by the general state of this world (in terms of the general morality of the people who exist in it) as well as the power I possess (in terms of how much I am capable of changing the world). If the people in this world had a general tendency to be good rather than evil, or if I possessed some special power or authority over other people so that I could punish evil people easily, then I would easily be more caring. Because as things currently stand, caring too much about others is easily detrimental to me due to such a high probability that any given person I may attempt to care about is in fact evil (an event which would put all of my efforts of caring about them to waste), as well as the fact that I do not possess nearly enough power to make a significant impact on any situation without running a high risk of facing consequences myself.

Mankanshoku Mako

I'd put myself around Moderate or Slightly Egotistical. I don't feel particularly bad for most people who're in suffering, but I do pity someone every once in a while(especially and I can relate to their problems). I've never given out help to these people(mostly because their problems are of nature that couldn't be solved with something like monetary donations), but I could see myself doing so if I was able. I've signed a few internet petitions trying to combat things like gender discrimination in the past, but those don't really count.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Everyone's egoistic at heart
I care only for the people that care about me.
Others, I don't give a fock about

Last edited: