• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How much higher should Sunkern's level be to beat Reshiram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
;191;Meet Sunkern, the one Pokemon most well-know from its lowest Base Stat Total.

:643:And meet Reshiram, with 150 case Sp.Att and Blue Flare STAB super-effective power against that puny sunkern, not even overkill and describe it.

But say Hypothetically, a Sunkern is battling against a Reshiram thanks to a cruel trainer.

Sunkern's level is fortunately higher than Reshiram's.

Both their levels were originally 100, but they were then magically scaled down accordingly, so they can use any moves they want.

Reshirm's best move is Blue Flare, while Sunkern's is Earth Power, at least when it comes to attacking this Fire Pokemon.

So, my question to you is this: By estimation, how big should the level gap be such that Sunkern can take out Reshiram with just one Earth Power (or at least, ultimately win)?

My guess is about 70.

Ohitsdylan

That's a weird question... o_0

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Damage calculator time.

For these purposes, I'm assuming we're using the most optimal Sunkern possible for OHKOing with Earth Power (Specs/252SpAEV/31SpAIV/Modest), and the Reshiram in question is least optimal for surviving (O HP/SpD IVs, 0 HP/SpD EVs, negative nature). I'm also assuming that you want the Sunkern to be able to OHKO the Reshiram consistently (100% of the time), and that no other conditions are in place (Sunlight for Solar Power activation, Shuca Berry, etc).

The answer, then, is Lv. 69, meaning you were off by 39 levels.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
It can beat a Reshiram if Sunkern was level 1 and the Reahiram level 100, this is possible, but it's completely hypothetical, and it's not like Reshiram won't attack (unless the trainer keeps using X items)

Status
Not open for further replies.