• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How much of a thief are you in PMD?

SD.

B E N N I N G T O N
as you probably already know, you can steal the items from a kecleon its carpet when he is within a room of a dungeon floor

the question is though
how do you do it? whats your thief style?!
how often do you do it and do you only do it when it has got rare items or also regular items?

i simply use a pure seed after i took his items and been called a thief

but there are other ways to steal from him, right :eek:

i remember the first time i did it... i had no idea what to do and i ran but i failed
he kicked my ... yeah x] and fainted in the dungeon
the pokemon is extremely strong

LizardonX

Banned
Darkrai vs Keckleon was one of the most intense battles ever.

I won XD

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
I love being a thief ; )

I'll steal from Kecleon if he has a lot of rare or valuable items, like Gold Ribbons, evolution items, Reviver Seeds, etc. I try to keep a Trawl Orb or Pure Seed on me at all times for that purpose. Once I get up to really high levels, though, I'll steal something just to try recruiting Kecleon. I've never been able to do it though, even with a Friend Bow. >.<

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I rarely steal, most of the time it's accidental. I did try it once to see if I could run away, but I got caught (and found out the hard way all of the Kecleon are on level 99). The next time, I took a Pure Seed with me, and I got away scot-free.

It's kinda funny, but I feel bad doing it.

Rakurai

I pretty much stole every single time there was something remotely valuable in the shop in the first PMD, due to it being relatively easy to overpower the Kecleon mob.

I only did it if I had a Trawl Orb or Pure Seed handy in Explorers thanks to the Kecleon now having almost maxed out stats, though.

Ditto B1tch

I am a thief in occasions that the items are worth of being stolen, so I won't put myself in risk for cheap stuff like Apples. I have 3 tricks to fool the Kecleons:

1. After refusing to pay Kecleon for the items, use the Pure Seed. Pure Seed will teleport user (only user, not partners, so be careful) immediatelly to the room where the stairs are. If you left any partner in the same room that was a Kecleon, it may get rid of your partner, so you could sleep/paralyze Kecleon with a seed before teleporting.

2. The second way involves the use of Trawl Orb. If you noticed that there is a shop in the floor, go the room where the stairs are and use the Trawl Orb in there. The orb will pull next to you ALL the items of the floor (even the ones from shops). As you're near the stairs you'll have enough time to take the items in the room and enter in the stairs before a Kecleon come.

3. The easiest and simplest way is to escape from the dungeon with Escape Orb. You won't accomplish the current task in the dungeon, obviously, but it's recommended if this is the only trick you have to obtain some rare items.

Last edited:

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
I steal all the time once I get someone over level 80. With linked moves, and often without, I usually just take what I want and muscle my way out of the place. Or trawl orbs. Those work two.

Serebii!

Stand next to the Stairs and use a Trawl Orb at the beginning of the game but once I become stronger I just fight them all

After a point where I got Shaymin to a high enough level, I partnered it up with a Rayquaza, put a Sky gem in its bag, and used a Gracidea on it.

Default triple speed right there. I just run. XD

Aquarelle

Staff member
I stole quite often on my MD Blue in hopes of recruiting Kecleon...never happened though. :/

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Once you get to a certain level, Kecleon can't really beat you anyways so if I see something I want and I can't afford it, I take it. On the other hand, I have over 550,000P saved up on my current file so there's not a hell of a lot I can't afford.

If I'm not feeling up to a fight I'll use a Pure Seed (I own Darkness version and never seem to find Trawl Orbs except in Zero Isle, I think they might be exclusive to Time), otherwise I down a Violent Seed and an Agility and fight my way out of the dungeon.

Last edited:

Meeker

It needs a fence.
My secret to getting things from the Kecleon is that I buy them, or leave them be, if I steal I get my *** whooped to a pulp, regardless of level.

Orithan

I rarely steal from them, even if they have valuable items. They will beat me up if I steal them from the carpet, even if I am at Level 100. I just use a Trawl Orb near the stairs and snag them from there if I want to steal from them. I will also avoid them when there are Aftermath pokemon like Skuntank. If I recall correctly, Keckleon will also attack you if the explosion destroys their items (this may also be an alternate way of recruiting them).

Bananarama

The light is coming
I don't steal alot, but every time I do i get ripped to shreads. Like the above poster said, a trawl orb is handy.

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
For some reason, Escape Orbs didn't work in Time/Darkness. I did, however, use a Trawl Orb on the 98th floor of Zero Isle South and grabbed the Tight Belts, Ginseng, etc. they were selling. Not even seven or eight turns later, a Kecleon entered the room. Luckily, I was already at the staircase.

VaironGod

Dunsparce>Arceus
I'd always steal in kecleon shops if there was something worthwhile. I'd make my partner go the other way, so it would be far away from the kecleons. Steal, Pure Seed, then gtfo.