• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How much of BW's original plan was scrapped because TR/TP scrapped?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
And going hand in hand with that, how much of what we ended up getting post-episode 22 in BW was originally planned, and how much of it was added newly because they had to make a bunch of changes to the overall BW arc?

Do you think a lot of the "problems" in BW were caused by the missing of these two episodes? I personally don't think so, for example I still think Ash would have only shown up to Elesa's gym with 1 Pokémon, regardless of whether or not those episodes were skipped, but just curious what y'all think.

is there any chance the entire BW anime would have gone in a totally different direction post-episode 24 if they had aired, or were any potential impacts of the skipping of those episodes relatively minor in the grand scheme of things?

How about the 4 random TR arcs? (the Meowth arc/Battle Subway, the Restoration Confrontation, the Kami Trio with the COTD named Lewis who had a sick Lilligant (which is where I got my name), and the Meloetta arc) Were they originally planned or newly added? Or was some form of them planned but had to be changed to exclude TP, potentially? What do y'all think?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I don't think the airing of the actual TR vs TP 2 parter would've saved the series by much. First of all, the major issues people have with BW all started from the first episode itself, mainly being Ash's horrible regression, his terrible Unova team, Iris and how her dragon master goal were handled, etc. All these are issues which wouldn't have changed with TR vs TP.

The only thing that might have changed would've been the pacing of the series, and we would've probably gotten a more continuous and better Team Plasma arc that incorporated both BW and BW2 TP effectively. Who knows, maybe we could've even avoided DA. But other than that, nope, I don't see how the airing of this would've changed BW that significantly.

DatsRight

Were the writers really going to show TP in just two episodes, ignoring the fact they appeared much later when everything was done, however?

Erratic pacing is renowned with the Pokemon anime after all.

I have my doubts that the entire series was planned around that two parter, maybe a few odd things were revised much later on, but they probably already had the rest of that season plotted out in advance and likely even halfway complete in production given how late in the two parter got cancelled. They couldn't just quickly make some new episodes on the fly and there were no other mentioning of other episodes cut or delayed which if a truly pivotal episode was taken out, likely would have happened. Hell the following episodes were just aired prematurely when the two parter was supposed to and the dub edited over any minor references to the two parter, implying they were pretty skippable.

Besides that the villains aren't really known for having a lasting effect on the twerps, I think Team Flare's arc was the only situation their actions were brought up in a couple later episodes, if only for the mass destruction they caused, so the two parter being shoved under the rug likely had little to do with it getting little mentioning afterwards.

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I'm watching Best Wishes for the first time and honestly. I think Best Wishes has the BEST early episodes out of any season. It's incredibly fast-paced, there's practically character development for everyone in every episode and the very VERY few filler episodes they have are quite fun. As of now, I'm seeing Ash defending the Venipede to the very end from the angry people, including Trip who launched an attack, Ash taking the brunt of the damage. This reminds me of the schisms between people and Pokemon that Team Plasm are talking about and I recall that a few episodes, or even the next episode, the unair episodes were intended to be released.

However those episodes never released. So out of curiousity, does the outstanding quality that is Best Wishes in terms of animation and storytelling declines after the lack of the Team Plasma episodes? I have yet to gone past their intended release. I hear people talking badly about Best Wishes so I'm going to guess it happens after the Team Plasma episodes were removed?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
^If you like the series in the early episodes, you probably would like it even more going forward. At least in opinion, the series only improved as episodes go on.

As for the matter discussed, I think the scrapping of the episodes only affected two things: the serious TRio thing and the plans for BW1 Team Plasma.

But since what's done, it's done, I'd love if we could get these two episodes. Maybe even with interviews with staff about the whole thing and even which the original was.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Considering that the whole country was sensitive over that tsunami-earthquake incident, I think they went the safe route and downgraded what they had in mind (which showed when Giovanni came back.) TR vs TP was something the anime was building up to just as they showed the TRio going on missions and succeeding. I feel like the censors did more damage to what's appropriate to show or not than the actual airing of a 2 parter special that was a large piece of the story.

I remember when they said that they were going to air TR vs TP later on to see when it'll be the right time to and they never did. My thought is that they revamped the story to where it wouldn't make sense from how their original plan was which also resulted in shabby character work. I doubt they planned on having an entire series filled with nothing but filler (DA!) That seemed like stalling until the next saga was ready to air.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
That seemed like something to stalling until the next saga was ready to air.
Well at least we got Alexa and some Gen VI mons out of it.

D

Deleted member 384931

Considering that the whole country was sensitive over that tsunami-earthquake incident, I think they went the safe route and downgraded what they had in mind (which showed when Giovanni came back.) TR vs TP was something the anime was building up to just as they showed the TRio going on missions and succeeding. I feel like the censors did more damage to what's appropriate to show or not than the actual airing of a 2 parter special that was a large piece of the story.

I remember when they said that they were going to air TR vs TP later on to see when it'll be the right time to and they never did. My thought is that they revamped the story to where it wouldn't make sense from how their original plan was which also resulted in shabby character work. I doubt they planned on having an entire series filled with nothing but filler (DA!) That seemed like stalling until the next saga was ready to air.
It cant be worser then SM

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan