• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How much of your Pokédex have you completed?

How much of your Pokédex have you completed?

As the title says. Just post how much of your Pokédex you have completed here.

Doziz

Fossil Hunter
Working on it. I've got all the Kalos pokemon except Xerneas, Diancie and the other two legends, and I'm just getting started on Johto.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
There is no game where I got even close to every Pokémon, not even half of them.

So yeah, that's how much I have completed the PokéDex in all of the games.

I catch major Pokémon like legendaries and ones in rustling grass. But other than that I really have no intention of finishing the PokéDex since filling it up takes way too darn long.

Ice Lock

Hello!
I always get close, but I find myself too busy with breeding teams and battling every gen and this gen has been the worst since I lost all of my gen 3 to 5 pokemon since my DS got stolen. I had to start all over in this gen, but thankfully I'm nearly back to where I left off.

Post ORAS, I'll attempt to finish the dex after all of my teams are finished. And this should be easy this time since I caught most of the kalos dex pokemon, all of the unobtainable pokemon in XY and I've nearly got all of the non event legends. Glad the bank is around to get all of these pokemon around with no hassle compared to other gens.

EDIT: Here is my current Y pokedex:

- Central Kalos 128
- Coastal Kalos 116
- Mountain Kalos 141
- National Dex: 529
- Total Seen: 622

Last edited:
I completed:
Central Kalos: 150/150 Caught
Coastal Kalos: 113 Caught
Mountain Kalos: 75 Caught
National: 382 Caught
466 Seen Total

Kalosian

So long
For all games that I own:
(Note: I have stopped playing Gen 1 & 2 for various reasons, but I'll list what I got at most in them)

R/B/Y: 150/151 at most, missing Mew. Got one through the Mew Trick once but couldn't bother completing the Pokedex after that.
G/S/C: 249/251 at most, missing Mew and Celebi. There was the Mew Trick from Gen 1 and I know there was at least one Celebi event in my country but I missed it, so I never got them.
R/S/E/FR/LG/: 382/386, missing Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Deoxys. The four event legends, I'm not even sure if all of them were released where I live, I know Deoxys and Jirachi were but unsure about the others.
D/P/P: 493/493: Got everything thanks to the existance of Wi-Fi trading and Wi-Fi events.
HG/SS: no.
B/W/B2/W2: 649/649: Same as last generation, though having most previous generation events on my past games helped a lot, and then I felt that there were more and even better events this generation.
X/Y: 718/721: Missing Diancie and the two unreleased not-yet-officially-revealed other event legends, will get them eventually...

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
In the past, I didn't really care that much about completing the Pokedex. But then in 2012, I changed my mind about that and decided to complete it in my main games from Gen 3 onward.
So as of now, I have completed the dex on my LeafGreen, Emerald, Platinum, HeartGold, White, White 2, and Y.
I plan on also completing it on OmegaRuby in the future. I may also go back and complete it on Ruby and Pearl too, but I'm not sure.

Never completed the dex on any of my Gen 1 or 2 games, though. I have considered going back to those games and finishing, but I'm not sure I'm up to it.

On my Kalos pokedex I've got 707 entries. I just need Mew, Celebi,Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Meloetta, Keldeo, Genesect, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion.

Last edited:

serpent222

First time I completed a dex was getting 150 in Pokemon Yellow. After that I completed the local dex in Diamond (but not the national), and the national dex in Black and Black 2.

I got to 718 in Pokemon Y before Diancie came out. Restarted the game and did it a second time, now at 719 with Diancie.

How do you get Diancie? Is there an event now?

MarinaS

sinnoh queen
I've never completed the pokedex in any game, ever. It doesn't really matter that much to me anyway, seems more like a timewaster if i'm gonna be honest.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
I just go catch whatever i find in the grass, as i refrain from using repels in my first playthrough.

After that, i give up, but seeing how much shinies are valued, i have stareted on it.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Completed the Pokedex on Pokemon X and Pokemon Y to the point of earning the National Pokedex diploma, the ones that I am missing are Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect and Diancie. I do have all but Mew, Jirachi, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and obiviously Diancie on my Gen 4/Gen 5 games however.

Last edited:
I've tried getting several event pokemon on the GTS, but a lot of them seem hacked in by the same people. Jirachi has definitely been hacked.

MarinaS

sinnoh queen
I've tried getting several event pokemon on the GTS, but a lot of them seem hacked in by the same people. Jirachi has definitely been hacked.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe you cannot trade legitimate event pokemon over the GTS.

serpent222

Don't quote me on this, but I believe you cannot trade legitimate event pokemon over the GTS.

You're right. Any legitimate event pokemon cannot be traded on the GTS. This includes all varieties of Mew, Celebii, Jirachi, Victini, Arceus, Deoxys, Darkrai, Arceus, Manaphy, Shaymin, Meloetta, Keldeo, and Diancie.

To get those you have to get the event yourself or set up and person to person trade.

sheppsea

I completed the original Kanto Pokedex back in the day and also managed to complete the Gen 5 one. I haven't played the games for a couple of years and am just getting into them again so at the moment I have probably completed about 5% of it as I'm still playing through the games again. I sold all the originals when I wasn't playing them so have to start from scratch again!

TimelordDuck

Safari Hunter
I still have quite a lot to go still, but I'm at 590. I have 129 pokemon left to go till done..I have most of the pokemon I need, just to evolve them. I need Articuno, then I'm done with legendary I think.

Cerrik

For XY I have 556.

Not to happy about it, considering all my other games have complete Pokedex's.