1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How much time have you spent playing B/W compared to B2/W2 and why?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by Brian the Pine Tree, Feb 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Have you played B/W more often, or B2/W2 more often?

I've spent more time playing White than White2. One of the reasons for that was because back when Black2 and White2 were put in the stores, I wasn't as interested in Pokemon and I got them long afterward. Plus I just enjoyed White more because Unova was new to me.

2. White because I had to do serious grinding for defeating Cheren just before Victory Road.

3. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

I think I spent more time playing White than either B2 or W2 mostly because I was mostly trying to find a shiny Altaria in White of all of my Gen 5 games although I would have wanted to play more B2W2 because of its expansive and varied postgame content.

4. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

My situation is a bit different. Black is the 5th Gen game which I have spent the most time on, but on the whole, I spent more time playing B2/W2 than B/W. The reason I spent more time on B2/W2 is that they have more content than B/W, meaning there is more things to do, and more time to spend on doing things. B/W still have quite a lot of content too, but not as much as their sequels. As for why Black has has the most playtime of my games from this generation, I think there are many reasons. It was the game that got me back into Pokemon after my burnout during the latter half of Gen 4, and I did most of what I wanted to do in this generation on Black rather than White, so that's another reason. I have also owned Black for half a year longer than White. Anyway, I spent ~725 hours on B/W and ~810 hours on B2/W2 (using numbers from September last year, it is probably a little higher now, not to mention it would be much higher if soft-resets were included). That's quite a lot of time, and I'm happy about it because those four games were so much fun to play.

5. mystic9899

mystic9899 Pokemon fan

i spent more time on black than white 2 cause i went in completely blind and didn't know any of the new pokemon, so i spent hours just running around in grass seeing what i could find.

6. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I've spent much more time on B2W2.

Looking at my main versions, I've put in 500+ hours on White 2, but only 200ish actually 190ish on White (which is on the low side for one of my main games).
    I've played through Black and Black 2 a few times each, but I always end up spending more time on B2.

Reason: I like B2W2 way more than BW. I love the new things added to the sequels, such as the new areas in Unova, new characters, and features like Join Avenue and the Pokemon World Tournament (especially the PWT - one of my favourite things ever). So, I have more fun playing B2W2.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  7. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

I've spent much more time on the sequels, because they have much more content than the first games. I also actually like Unova in B2/W2,since the region is almost doubled in size, and the new locations are interesting(especially the Victory Road).

8. TikTok13

TikTok13 Oh, I have a title?

I spent a very long time on both games, and I've completed White 3 times and White 2 twice. On both games I had to do serious grinding, but I think I spent so much more time on White 2, training EV's, entering PWT (Just to battle Cheren +Jasmine), and finishing all the movies in Pokestar Studios. All in all, they're both my favourite Pokemon games to date, because of the extended storyline and amount of extra content in both games.

9. LadyTriox

LadyTriox ~Korrina in her little white dress :) <3~

Pretty sure i have at least 100 hours on white.

I loved that game a ton :)

Also, I never got white 2/black 2

10. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

Definitely more time on Black, because that's the one I actually own. :p The only time I got to play White 2 was when a friend loaned it to me a couple years ago.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  11. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

I liked B/W over the sequels, though I've played the sequels almost twice as much since there's more to do in them.

12. I spend a lot of time of playing white 2 for catching Pokemon and Legendary also the PWT is so much fun and the expanded region is fun to explore.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  13. Jirachi100

Jirachi100 Kirby Fan

Black and White were played a lot more due to when I got Black 2 and White 2. (It was after Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!) I always wondered why I didn't get Black 2 and White 2 the year they came out until I Googled what came out the same year and saw 3 or more games I knew my brother and I got that year instead.

14. Sαpphire

Sαpphire Well-Known Member

Well, that's a little bit complicated, really.

For a lon time, it was Black and White, because I absolutely hated the beginning of B2W2. I'd get to the Castelia Sewers and just be fed up with the tedious intro stages and the other aspects of the fifth generation that I just didn't like, and I'd quit.

This is kind of a function of my attitude toward the fifth generation as a whole; I won't just sit here and attack it endlessly, since I know that there are some people who love it, but it's definitely my least favorite. I just don't like the design, the modern aesthetic, the overworld style or battle UI, or the species introduced. Not my cup of tea, maybe someone else's - but that combination of things I didn't like with a slow start to B2W2 meant I didn't really play the games all that much from like mid 2011 to late 2013, and didn't actually finish a new game until ORAS happened.

Then, last year after I had finished Sun and Moon, I kind of came back and decided to finish the games I hadn't finished beforehand, because the idea of having outstanding incomplete games when I've beaten everything previous really bugged me. After X and Y, I decided to go after B2W2, and I actually ended up loving White 2. From that point onward I actually spend a lot more time with it than I ever had on the first two Gen 5 games combined, and I'd say it made it to the upper half of Pokémon games for me in terms of hours played.

I think the post-game experience and the changes to the physical structure of the region really helped B2W2 become a more fulfilling experience than the others in its generation; it also helped that it was decently difficult compared to XY, BW, and a couple others, and I had one of my highest-leveled full teams ever by the Elite Four, only second to my X team at the same point.

15. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I liked Black 2 and White 2 much more than the original Black and White games I'll admit, so I spent at least twice as much time playing the sequels than I did playing the originals hee hee. The sequels just had so many cool new areas to explore. :3

16. ZilverLox

ZilverLox Banned

I played White more over White 2 since White's plot was much more unique compared to White 2's storyline, which was generic and made Team Plasma look like Team Rocket 2.0.

17. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

I played Black and White equally and have over 400 hours of playtime on each game, but I've only played White 2 for less than 80 hours since I got bored with it.

18. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I've been playing White version for over five hundred hours, compared to approximately three hundred hours in Black 2 version. The reason being that I prefer White version's storyline, so it became my main Generation 5 game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.