• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How often do you encounter ubers?

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
I find them quite often, though a majority of them know what they are doing.

I use some of them, as well. I see nothing wrong with them.
I mean, if they exist, they're obviously there to be used.

I've been running into A LOT of Arceus ever since Saturday btw. About two per team.

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
Ubers are all over the place. Garchomp and Tyranitar mostly. Some know what theyre doing,and some dont.

Gabriel Rocha Nascimento

Garoto de Macaé
Let's stop crying.
You need to open your minds, free your thoughts.

So, now everyone who plays Pokémon must know and follow Smogon decisions?
"Oh, if you don't play standard, you're a cheater (sigh)"
C'mon.
There are all sorts of people playing. You'll soon see people who don't use "ubers". But the uber users also may play. PRB is for them too.

Sasukat

Back from the dead
i got my game yesterday and over half the teams ive faced since then had ubers (about 30/60 teams)

I've been running into A LOT of Arceus ever since Saturday btw. About two per team.

Now that Arceus is available by a legit means...get used to it.

Ubers are all over the place. Garchomp and Tyranitar mostly. Some know what theyre doing,and some dont.

T-tar isn't Uber.

Let's stop crying.
You need to open your minds, free your thoughts.

So, now everyone who plays Pokémon must know and follow Smogon decisions?
"Oh, if you don't play standard, you're a cheater (sigh)"
C'mon.
There are all sorts of people playing. You'll soon see people who don't use "ubers". But the uber users also may play. PRB is for them too.

i got my game yesterday and over half the teams ive faced since then had ubers (about 30/60 teams)

I have a team of mostly UU pokes that is an Explosion team. It seems to own every Uber team i encounter on random Wi-Fi.

Arceus89

Rocket Wannabee
I haven't faced an uber free team in a long while, I don't disagree with them being used, but I get annoyed when I'm constantly facing Darkrais Dark Void, its a noob tactic and it seems that every team with a Darkrai in it falls to pieces as soon as its taken out. But I did get great pleasure when my Shuckle single handedly took out a Groudon, Giratina and Darkrai using nothing more than double team, toxic and rest.

I don't use ubers myself mainly because I haven't got many good ones and I can't be bothered to train them up when they're illegal in a proper battle. There's nothing wrong with ubers so long as they're not your only option, if all you've got to put up a half decent fight with is legendaries and ubers then you don't deserve to own a pokemon game.

BadIntent

MSankey
Lately I've run into many Arceus on one team. I don't have a problem with the Pokemon, partly because PBR blocks those with EVs. But I hate how when people send out two at a time, you can't tell which is which type. When you target it, all it says is "Arceus". One thing the DS does better than PBR is make it 100% clear which Pokemon is which.

Personally I have 2 teams with "ubers" that I bring online whenever I get the chance, but when I lose it's generally to teams full of Pokemon not restricted by the battle tower. And usually they're Japanese trainers. Unfortunately most people that use a lot of legendaries don't know what they're doing, but a select few are quite good.

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
TR_Jessie said:

Now that Arceus is available by a legit means...get used to it.

Don't say it like that. I don't care if I find legends everywhere and all over the place; I'm not that kind of person. I was just mentioning it ;)
In fact, I use my own ubers. They're so awesome :D

Anyway, the only thing that bugs me is when people come at me with multiple Darkrai and whatever, and cheat their ubers to be shiny with all perfect IV's.

I seem to be seeing more and more ubers every day.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
I see them quite often, actually. It doesn't bug me terribly, though I still dislike seeing cheap teams made up of at least half Legendaries. I do end up seeing a lot of other ubers, too, though usually my Electivire or Starmie can wipe 'em out.

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
uber teams: always maybe 4/5 i hate them!!!! theyre always with dialga palkia, so annoying, and way back when i encountered a dialga with water absorb, is that even possible with an action replay even.. stupid ubers

i never encounter the rental passes maybe 1/25

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
Same. I'm okay seeing one or 2 on a pass, but as soon as I see a Darkrai I'm annoyed. It takes no skill to know it's going to Darkvoid (i play doubles, so its horrible). Even with my Rest-talker, I struggle with them (idiot always talks rest -_-). And come Monday it'll be worse. I'm making a counter for them right now though.

I still come across uber teams half the time, I usually don't mind but all the Arceus and Darkrai I see become boring and irritating after a while. I do know I'm going to have to get use to it, especially when Darkrai is released on the third.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
ive found that if i bring ubers, i find none and if i bring none, i see teams entirely consistent of rayquazas...

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
As usual I'm unlucky finding ubers on Wi-Fi. I've had about 30 random PBR Wi-Fi battles in the last week and only 3 teams have had any ubers at all. And only one of them had an Arceus in it.

I want to fight ubers. ;_;

Juka

M.c.
i usually come across a team of giratina, groudon, arcues and a either a mewtwo or ho oh
it annoys me -.-
and darkrais!
god dont get me started
that damn dark void move nnoys the **** outtta me!!!
haha
oh well i gues

Ampy

Light The Stars
I find them once in awhile... but it makes me feel great when I beat them with regular Pokemon :D

Dagger54321

Trade Junkie
Not very often.............I do't see rentals alot, but people withthe 3 full evolutions of the sinnoh starters. THAT'S annoying.

Sir-Aero

Soul of Silver
Not very often.............I do't see rentals alot, but people withthe 3 full evolutions of the sinnoh starters. THAT'S annoying.

Yeah I double on that, people need to make better teams. :p

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
Ugh, when I see a Darkrai, I know I am going to lose. But people with ubers, most of the time they just use raw power and no strategy. Never saw an Arceus though.

brani

darkrais are pretty easy to handle.
Just need a fast pokemon that hit hard.
or target it with fake out and use another party pokemon to KO it

best is give the trainer a taste of his or her own medicine
put the darkrai to sleep 1st!