• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How often do you forget to save?

Beechlgz

I seem to be doing this A LOT lately. I get so far, forgetting to save for ages, then shut off the game for one reason or another. Here's an example:

I was playing Soul Silver. I had last saved at Ho-oh. I couldn't catch it, didn't have any pokemon fast enough to paralyse it or put it to sleep so I decided to go somewhere else. I caught lickitung in the safari zone so I could get an everstone, then also showed the old man an oddish to get a leaf stone. Then I went to pallet town and began surfing south, beat a whole bunch of trainers (which took ages, I also took a note of all the evs for my lugia and my dratini), then I recall saving at Cinnabar.

Then I beat more trainers on the way to Seafoam (took ages again) while taking note of more EVs. Then when I got to Seafoam I recall saving again. Then I started top battle the first trainer at the gym. It was an arcanine, and I didn't want to allow any of my pokemon to get its attack EVs (except dratini, buuut... it's too low a level to stand on its own against a level 50 arcanine, and my only EV sponge was a Magneton that was quickly KO'd). So I thought I'd shut off the game since I saved recently.

I turn it back on. I'm back at Ho-oh.

Oh. My. Bleeping. Word.

I seem to be doing this so much lately, I think I've saved when I haven't at all. I often think to myself "well if I wasn't saving, what WAS I doing?" because I clearly remember doing something in the main menu and I remember it being saving, but it couldn't have been after all.

Oh well, I guess I'll just take a break from it for a while.

I suppose someone else has an even more absurd story about not saving to make me feel better? Hahahaha....

treespyro

Vintage much?
Never because I do remember to save. Well I did just answer the question.

milc546

<< Bonkers
After my traumatic unsave moment, I've learned to save almost every second of my gameplay.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I usually do remember to save. The only time I don't remember is at night when I'm playing it, though I usually just put the DS in sleep mode and hope the battery won't die on me.

Beechlgz

I occasionally turn off after healing at a pokemon centre, which is really annoying.

Something about saving at a pokemon centre when you're about to switch off the game seems to give you that same mental trigger that you're 'finished' as you would get after saving the game.

I thought I was the only one who had that problem, lol.

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
I only remember one time specifically. 2003. I had just caught Groudon, after about two hours of work. So I decide I need a rest. When I turn on the GBA again, I am back to standing in front of the thing. Urgh...

kedlu

Zubat Zubat
I always save when I'm done playing, but when I catch a shiny or a pokemon evolves or something, I save like three times. I don't know why.

So far, I haven't forgotten to save when it was important once.
The only times I don't save is when I'm not even moving my character at all in the game. Example: If I just need to check something on one of my games, than I won't save.

Pikawho?

(five15)
While I can't remember any specific times, I have been the victim of doing alot then losing all progress doing to not saving. Only a few times it's been my own fault, while others the game simply froze on me....As a result, I save after anything important has been accomplished (even if that means saving every five minutes or so). If I'm not sure if I saved, I'll save again. I usually save twice, to make sure that I did.

As I've had a lot of moments where I've lost a lot of data due to not saving, I never forget to anymore. In fact, not only do I save before turning the game off, but at several different points during gameplay, such as when I'm about to do something important.

Falconx03

Legendary
I'm not having an issue forgetting to save. I am having an issue where I will actually save and look at the TV or something while it saved and when I look back, I wasn't sure if it 100% saved. So I will save again and watch it actually save and then turn off the game. I do this all the time.

[MaNiAc]

Amature Trainer
I'm one of those periodic game savers, no matter what game I'm playing. Saving is never an issue for me :p

[MaNiAc]

Amature Trainer
I'm one of those periodic game savers, no matter what game I'm playing. Saving is never an issue for me :p