• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How old is Ash??

Trainer Black

Gym leader Black
ok this is something ive realy been thinking about. How old is Ash? when the show started he was 10 right?(or 11 Im not sure) ok so then he's 10 right? but the shows been going on for what about 8 or so years? and even if he is still 10 then who in there right mind! would let a 10 year old go out and fight bad guys and go around the world!!! so i dont know what to think of the show.

(sorry for spelling and not haveing the facts)

Trainer Black

Gym leader Black
sorry to dp but ill delete this later so...

bump!

Trainer Black

Gym leader Black
um....ok.....tangela is number 114 and it has no Sinnoh number. and there in no other with that as far as i know.

Vycksta

Ash was definitely 10 when he started and upon arriving in Viridian City to get the Earth Badge the narrator mention that it has been a year since his first arrival, making him 11. From the theory that it takes him around a year to travel each region most people have Ash as 14, maybe 15 years old.

ahmad_bulba

IM FINALLY 13!! :D
i8 think this goews in the anime dicussion section...

Trainer Black

Gym leader Black
im with Vycksta becouse if he was 16 or older he would get a car! to go around instead of walking

Koubagia

Superluminal Porygon
We know he has had at least two birthdays, the first being what Vycksta mentioned and the second being in the Pikachu & Pichu movie short, when Ash mentions it being the anniversary of when they first met (they met on his tenth birthday IIRC). Can anyone remember any more canon stuff?

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
i think he's like 17( he's gone through puberty, but his height didn't change....) because about 6 years has passed in his world, and also in the beginning, i don't know for real but i heard the narrator say Ash finally reached his 11th b-day so he gets to get his pokemon or something like that.

Trainer Black

Gym leader Black
I know that is been at least 3 years becouse of those christmas movie things.

Vycksta

Koubagia said:
We know he has had at least two birthdays, the first being what Vycksta mentioned and the second being in the Pikachu & Pichu movie short, when Ash mentions it being the anniversary of when they first met (they met on his tenth birthday IIRC). Can anyone remember any more canon stuff?
To be honest I think they are the only two instances mentioned in the anime.

I have no idea why i'm talking about this when I cannot stand Ash, but hey!

@ itsme: It wasn't his 11th birthday that was mentioned by the narrator, just the fact that it was a year since his last visit to Viridian.

Koubagia

Superluminal Porygon
@ itsme: It wasn't his 11th birthday that was mentioned by the narrator, just the fact that it was a year since his last visit to Viridian.

Well, since his first visit to Viridian was perhaps only a day or two after his tenth birthday it's a six and two threes, so to speak.

Vycksta

Koubagia said:
Well, since his first visit to Viridian was perhaps only a day or two after his tenth birthday it's a six and two threes, so to speak.
True, but I was just stating the point that the narrator didn't mention it being Ash's actual birthday on the day that he came to Viridian for the second time. *nod*

Trainer Black

Gym leader Black
you see this is why they TV show needs to tell more about there people! lol

Sphyxius

i dunno i agree with all the theories so far, in real time he should be like 17 or 18 but by the show's time it'd be like 14 or 15... the latter theory makes me sense to me because.... i actually don't think ash sounds any older, he still sounds very young, he doesn't sound like he's been anywhere near puberty, if you compare his voice to brock or tracy or any other guy thats been in the party, he still sounds very much like a little kid. his voice actually sounded more husky at the beginning of the series... its gotten more nasal now. but whatever :)

Crimson Moon

Charlie the Chimchar
Er...by now, since it takes almost a year to get to the Pokemon League...he should be about 13 - 15
Not old enough to drive but...still. XP

oro-chan

Not a dragonfly!
Guys think about it. The show has 500 episodes. Each episode is 1 day with a few execeptions. So only about 2 years have passed in the show give or take.

Trainer Black

Gym leader Black
its true about the shows but not every day is shown like some thimes they'll start the show while there in the midal of a forest.