• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How old is Ash??

TogeticTheRuler

In the d/p special, Meowth told Dawn:We were chasing pikachu longer than you were alive! That means Ash is 20 from their view <_<!

Trainer Black

Gym leader Black
lol I think meoth just wanted to get his point through.

skawt24

"insert pwn here"
In the d/p special, Meowth told Dawn:We were chasing pikachu longer than you were alive! That means Ash is 20 from their view <_<!
WHAT DOSE HE LOOK 20 around the start of the sinnoh regon ash is piked up by ofeser jenny right if he was 20 she whoudn't care. ( think hes 15 )

http://i11.*******.com/2zsshl5.jpg Thanks to rei and gregory's trainer card shop. Go and get yours. I'm the #1 espeon lover.;196;

Trainer Black

Gym leader Black
WHAT DOSE HE LOOK 20 around the start of the sinnoh regon ash is piked up by ofeser jenny right if he was 20 she whoudn't care. ( think hes 15 )

http://i11.*******.com/2zsshl5.jpg Thanks to rei and gregory's trainer card shop. Go and get yours. I'm the #1 espeon lover.;196;

I dont think he realy meant he was 20 i think he meant that meowth thinks he's 20.

scizor08

Back here. >.<
I think he is 14 or something and this should go to the anime section..

sartsa

I thinks he's something around 14-15 years, 'cuz he would have a car if he were 16.. And he really doesn't look like adult neither "/
(this is off-topic, but Misty should come back.. Ash<3Misty 4-Eva!) :)

vareki

Psycotic with RAGE
he will be definitley 16 coz each region he has been to he would have spent round about a year and he must have spent coming up 2 years in kanto because they say in the anime this is the second time he was in viridian and it was one whole year since he was there last time but he hasnt got a car yet coz nearly no one has them so they must be rare or just to expensive for most people(200 bucks for 1 pokeball remeber)

Vycksta

oro-chan said:
Guys think about it. The show has 500 episodes. Each episode is 1 day with a few execeptions. So only about 2 years have passed in the show give or take.
So there were 365 episodes in the first season? I don't think so.

Nyarumacat

13-15 I think

Koubagia

Superluminal Porygon
The whole "doesn't have a car" issue seems irrelavent to me. For one, we have no information as to the minimum driving age in Pokémon regions (I would assume 18, given that being the driving age in Japan). Secondly, he probably wouldn't even be able to afford one, and even if he could it would probably be bad for his Pokémon training to just go directly from one gym to the next by car.

The person who mentioned Christmas specials could well have a point, combining that with the Viridian City and Pikachu & Pichu canon references mentioned on page 1, we can probably establish a canon youngest possible age. I don't really know enough about the animé to do that though.

Trainer Black

Gym leader Black
with all of the little videos and thinks i think he's 15. you all can keep fighting about it but thats what i think now.

Okay, quit it guys. I remembered an episode in the Advance Battle Episodes were Ash said he was 14, so in D/P he'll become 15, period.

And all that crap like: "He has to be 17 or older because the show is so old.", is bull **** because the Sagas also went more then once...

Blaperile

Blaziken rules!
Okay, quit it guys. I remembered an episode in the Advance Battle Episodes were Ash said he was 14, so in D/P he'll become 15, period.

And all that crap like: "He has to be 17 or older because the show is so old.", is bull **** because the Sagas also went more then once...
I thought that he was 12 years.

Celebitwo

Celebi Clone
I remember when Ash went to challenge the Viridian Gym he said that he couldn't believe that it was a year since he was last there. From that you can estimate that it takes him at least year to travel round an entire region, probably less for the Orange Islands and Battle Frontier(?

I would agree that he is 15, however he clearly hasn't gone through puberty
Then again you could reffer to his voice breaking when they changed the voice actors

In the episodes, doesn't the narrator says things like 2 days of walking later, every so often, things like that, at the beggining of episodes?

He can't be 15, just look at him. The 1 day/1 episode thing is the only thing that could make sense. I can imagine him being 12 or 13, but not older, he already looks like a 10 yr old.

Last edited:

Trainer Black

Gym leader Black
this is in the wrong section. this is in the wrong section. this is in the wrong section. ok i understand that every one said that. so some one with power around here. MOVE IT!!