• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How old is May?

Torchic23

gee that's swell
She's 10! That's how it started out and knowing the people who do the pokemon stuff, they haven't changed it

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

well she started out at 10 years old, and she might still be 10 (Ash only mentioned a year passing in the mini movie for the third movie, the day he and pikachu met, which was his birthday, but that could be dub only)

my estimate is around 10 and a half- 12 years at the moment

Alfonso

Derpgull
Uh.

The day Ash got Pikachu wasn't his birthday. Trainers get Pokemon when they turn 10 years old, but not actually *on* the day they turn 10. Think of it like college or school terms: If you're 10 before or on September the 20th, you get a Pokemon, you get a Pokemon on that day. If you turn 10 after September the 20th, you have to wait until next year.

It would be too weird to have 4 kids all turn 10 on the same day.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Alfonso said:
Uh.

The day Ash got Pikachu wasn't his birthday. Trainers get Pokemon when they turn 10 years old, but not actually *on* the day they turn 10. Think of it like college or school terms: If you're 10 before or on September the 20th, you get a Pokemon, you get a Pokemon on that day. If you turn 10 after September the 20th, you have to wait until next year.

It would be too weird to have 4 kids all turn 10 on the same day.
I remember hearing it was his tenth birthday, that could have been dub only though. either way, he would have aged a year anyway so it dosen't matter!

Deoxys Prime

Time will tell.
Well, I think she looks 16ish. I know I am way off, but they make anime characters look way older than they really are. So I'm guessing maybe 12ish?

kennychan007

Saiyan-Human Warrior
I think she is same as Ash. As Pokemon is written in 1996 - 1998.

She should be 17 years old, even if her look like 11 - 14 years old

Rex Kamex

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=13956

How this thread's been open this long is beyond me. (This one, not the hyperlinked one.) May is not seventeen, and she doesn't look like she's sixteen. This thread isn't about her looks, provided that this stay open.

EDIT: Another thing. ASH ISN'T SEVENTEEN YEARS OLD EITHER.

Last edited:

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
I don't know. Ash was 10 when he left Pallet Town, so he's probably somewhere around 12-13. May's maximum age now is 11. Oh, and STOP THE ASH/MAY SHIPPING! It's Ash & Misty, duh. Check out these episodes: #2 Pokemon Emergency, #20 Ghost of Maiden's Peak, #23 Tower of Terror, and #103 Misty Meets her Match. If you still don't believe me, go to http://www.pokemon.com/flash.asp and check out Misty's Song.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Just take a good look at the poor old Official Age Thread. Look how useless and insignificant you've made him feel. The poor guy didn't have much going for him in the first place, and here you all are, making him bawl his beady widdle eyes out by gallavanting off with another age thread! For shame....for shame....

As for Haruka, she's a 10 year old. And until the animé says otherwise, you can't really argue with that fact. Witness the overwhelming power of immortallity in the pokémon world, and seethe with bitter jealousy.

T Lord said:
and check out Misty's Song.
I always smile when people suggest that tripe is a form of concrete evidence. Always. See ---> :D

Last edited:

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
What tripe? Nintendo has all the answers, and Misty's Song is the real deal.
Oh, and check out #3 Ash Catches a Pokemon, not Pokemon Emergency.

Monkey D. Luffy

King of the Pirates!
I'd say she's either 11 or 12...maybe even 13..she has too much of a body to be 10...

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
ok we just have to assume that Max is still 8. Ash is still 14 since I believe it was stated right around the beggining of AG he was 14. May is still 10. Until either the writers or the actual show updates their ages. Such as if Max gets a starter from a proffesor. Than we could assume ash would be 16,May 12, and max 10.

Rex Kamex

T Lord said:

Misty's song is a dub song but that's another story.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
T Lord said:

Dude, Misty's song is a dub invention.

As for Pokeshipping, the only thing the writers have done is done a very good job of phasing it out in AG into obscurity. The ship has very little going for it anymore, there's no guarentee that they even care about the ship (or the character) anymore.

freaktron015 said:
i keep thinking she's 10...

That's because she IS ten. :/

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Fine. You still don't believe me? For final proof, see Movie #2, The Power of One. There's no proof for Ash & May. You only want it to be that way because May "looks better". X O
)
__ __
U