• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How Old Is TOO Old TO Play Pokemon?

So what age do you have to stop?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambertwo

Banned
I'd like your views people. And I would like this to go well this thread is authorised by a mod.

Personally I don't think your ever too old to play Pokemon as long as your still breathing that is. :p But others may think otherwise, I do notice a little bit of ageism of these forums at times. Note this poll is public if you feel you have to hide your vote then just don't bother voting please.

Last edited:

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
Never. If you like Pokemon, it doesn't matter what age you are. I don't know who called you a paedophile, but they're in the wrong.

Ambertwo

Banned
Never. If you like Pokemon, it doesn't matter what age you are. I don't know who called you a paedophile, but they're in the wrong.
Hmm I don't want this to get personal but agree of course. Like it matters to me if I am acussed of being a paedophile, as a CRB checked worker with children, I'd be doing well to hide that or otherwise in-fact.

Profesco

gone gently
I don't think age has anything to do with it, myself. Dad can care for a family after a day in the office and still have no problem training his Turtwig for a couple hours before bedtime. Grandma and grandpa can have a double battle with their grandkids. You don't have to stop, ever.

Maruno

Never. Age has nothing to do with it.

However, I do think you can be too young to play the games. If you're too young you just won't understand it or realise how to play it properly.

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
heck my nephew, who's 3, picked up my Diamond one day and started playing it and beat a bunch of trainers! When i found him playing it i nearly died, coz i thought he would've messed my game right up, but he was doing really well!! and i didnt have my best team either, just a bunch of random pokes, and he (seemed) to be choosing the attacks purposefully, rather than just 'button mashing'. He raised a few of them for a while, and then just turned off before i had a chance to say anything :| haha oh well, bless him. I think any one of any age can play - it's our life, we should do what makes us happy!

Munchlaxy

<3 cute pokes
Never. I'm 20 and I still play them.
Granted, no one besides my immediate family/friends know about it.

I play on the down-low. >_>

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
You're never too old to play pokemon IMO and that also goes for most other hobbies and such in life that mey be deemed by some as "childish"

I would say once you reach 6 years of age you should stop changing pixelated numbers on pixelated creatures. After 6 its just sad. Never mind the fact I'm 16, I'M EXEMPT. Now excuse me, my Jigglypuff MUST reach Level 174before the hour is up.

OJG

r u not entertained
tbh, I feel too old. But honestly, who gives a ****.

Squaaah

I've been wondering this my self. I'm 18 and about to go off to university, and im wondering if i should stop obsessing over pokemon before it consumes my life:S

pirate555

Word.
Never. I'm 20 and I still play them.
Granted, no one besides my immediate family/friends know about it.

I play on the down-low. >_>

Same here, I keep it to myself and my closer friends/family at 17 playing the games. But not because I feel it's too immature to play, but because I know others would react immaturely to it -
"OMGZ u Still playz pokemanz? Like wit Peekatyou?"

So no, I don't think there is an age limit to the games, it provides fun characters for younger players, and in-depth battle and breeding strategies for older players, and if its enjoyable it shouldn't have an age limit. Of course adverts aimed at 8 year olds etc. don't help its image, but that's by the by.

You become too old to play when you realize that you have a life - unless you don't have a life to begin with.
The trick is in getting a life and some time to spend on a fun game by managing your time responsibly =)
Pirate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.