• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How Old Is TOO Old TO Play Pokemon?

So what age do you have to stop?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mimefan

Banned
Well 50 years in your grave methinks is too old.

BloodthirstPriest

I don't speak monkey
never lol, its a great hobbie.

And that, is what it does to you.

As long as you have nothing better to do and still have good vision, then no, you are never too old to play.

I mean, what are you going to tell grandpa as his hand with the stylus is shaking so much he can't choose anything and his hand holding the DS isn't helping, not to mention his head is stuck to the screen with his oversized glasses.

Last edited:
I think it's time to stop if you're still playing it while you're dying.
Just play it as long as you want.

Just make sure you can still tell the diffrence between cyberspace and the real world. There are people wo can't anymore.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
25+ is kind of... when you have to stop, imo. Or you'll never get a date. =/

I'll be too old for Pokemon when running into a shiny causes me to have a heart attack.

Funny how I don't really play the games that much or watch the show anymore, and yet I still seem to have some sort of obsession.

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
For me, I only play any type of game (including children's) until I die. Why does age matters, anyway? :/

Well, I'll be 23 next month and I'm still obsessed.

I say you're too old to play when your physical and mental health won't allow you.
ex: various mental diseases, blindness/near blindness, etc.

Haruka

Banned
Let's just say I'd probably be weirded out by an eighty year old saying "Whoo mama! I finally caught that dern-*wheeze* Raikou..*hacking cough*...Where am I?"

If you still enjoy the games, just play them. My interest might be dead in this fandom, but that doesn't mean everybody is obligated to stop at my age.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

So old that you lived beyond the life expectancy and your tombstone is dated one hundred years ago.

In all seriousness though, I can't ever see myself moving on from Pokemon, as I grow older I probably won't be as obsessed though.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
25+ is kind of... when you have to stop, imo. Or you'll never get a date. =/

Well i'm 25, and i don't plan to stop anytime soon, you never know you may find someone who's into pokemon as well.

yappy25

IM LEAVING
your never too old, but people will be MEAN if you still play, and are older than a 4th grader
: (, some kids at my school are jerks

TheSmiley

Never! It just depends on if you are interessted or not but.. to me it would be a little strange if really old people pleyed it :p

I wish my parents played games with me, you guys that have parents who do are really lucky ones :(

TheSmiley

Never! It just depends on if you are interessted or not but.. to me it would be a little strange if really old people pleyed it :p

I wish my parents played games with me, you guys that have parents who do are really lucky ones :(

ResidentEcruteak

Well, when I first started playing pokemon games people told me that I'm too old and back then I was only 12 years old. Now, 9 years later, I have noticed that some things never seem to change...

I don't think that you have to stop playing pokemon because of your age.

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
your never too old, but people will be MEAN if you still play, and are older than a 4th grader
: (, some kids at my school are jerks

Wow, young kids are pretty weird now. Kids in 4th Grade should be playing stuff like Pokemon. It's normal.

Now that I'm in High School, I don't mention how I like Pokemon or Beyblade or anything. I keep my home life and my school/social life very seperate; and that's fine with me. I have enough interests in both to even it out, it's not like Pokemon is my life or anything.

_Suicune_

I've been into pokemon for 10 years now, and I am more obsessed now than ever. I used to hide the fact that I loved pokemon during school because everyone else thought it was a kids thing, and that was when I was around 12! Now i'm 19, in college, and I proudly say that I love pokemon. I don't think there should be any idea of an age where you're too old for something. I will always love pokemon, no matter how old I am :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.