• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How old were you when you first started playing?

How Old?

• 0-4

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • 5-7

Votes: 28 28.9%
  • 8-10

Votes: 43 44.3%
  • 11-13

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • 14-16

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • 17+

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters

PIKAPIPIKA

Played since Gen 4
Probably I was between 8-12 years old, I first got Pokemon Platinum, which of course came out in 2009, and I know I've had it since 2009/2010.
It's hard to remember.

Slowy

New and Improved
I first started playing these games when I was six or seven years old. Pokémon Snap was a relatively new product at the time. When the Gold and Silver versions came out, the former would eventually be the first main Pokémon game I would actually play; I was eight years old. Overall, however, I was six or seven (I don't remember the exact number) when I first got started.

MattySadler

It was 1998, and I was 8 years old when I received a Gameboy Colour, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe and Pokemon Blue as a gift from my parents.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I was around 8 years old. My grandmother, she died yesterday, was bed-ridden since I was born and she became interested in playing handheld video games. Pokemon Red was the first one she played. I used to go over to her house after school and watch her play for hours until my mom picked me up. I didn't get my own game, Sapphire, until I was 13, but I was very much into Pokemon thanks to her.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I was 24 in 2002 when I first started playing Sapphire.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I was 10 when I started playing, specifically Pokemon Sapphire. However I have known of Pokemon at least since I returned to my home country of New Zealand

I was 4 when I started playing red

KAYLAF0X

The Fox
I can't imagine anyone starting earlier than my age, honestly, because it requires a lot of reading, to figure out what to do next. <.<
I started playing Red when I was 6 years old, same year it came out. I became hooked immediately and had all the gameboy accessories, and watched the anime every day after school and I had a pokemon lunchbox and pokemon school supplies... I had pokemon pencils, pokemon erasers, there was a pencil sharpener where you stuck the pencil into Bulbasaur's bulb. I had pokemon folders ( ゚ヮ゚) they were my favorite. I would practice drawing like, Jessie and James and Meowth and I also drew Charizard a lot.
hehe I also remember a pokemon ice cream cake for my birthday!

Takeshii

Started playing since 10-11, but I've had more than 10 years break from Pokemon from maybe 14 to 25. First was Red, I think.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The same age Ash shouldn't be

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think I was 9. I first played my friend's red version in the summer and then in the fall months I got my first game, which was Yellow. I've been playing ever since.