• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How old were you when you got R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGnSCARY

Gargantuan tongue
I got my red version at 8, training my gloom up to lv90 without knowing that it can evolve >.<

arcanine lover

Whee........ *thonk*
I got blue when I was four... I wasted all my Pikachu's HP trying to hit Geodue with Thundershock and growl

Pearl's Perap

I remember getting Red on Christmas day when I was about 8 or 9, I had just recieved a GBC and Red was hidden beneath the try, one of them "Oh, I think there's one present left down there..." moments

I was at Vermilion city the next day with a strong Venusaur...and an under-used rest of team, oh, the times when I didn't make balanced teams!

Good times, mind you, good times...

DaN ere

Fire Master
7 or 8. i got red from mackros. it was in glass case and i remember pressing my face up against itand looking at red and blue. Then the work person came over and asked what 1 i wanted, and i chose red.

Super_Trainer

I was 10 or 11 when i got the game and i remember saying to myself wow this game is the shiz...

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
I got the PC version, does that count? Anyway, maybe 7 or 8?

SecretMew

About 9-10 years. Those were good times and everyone played it. I remember still when we started to play it and I didn't know how to catch Pokemon, so I just tried to toss one of the items. The anime had started and had one of the best Finnish dubs ever.

H2SO4

persona non grata
I was 15 when I got my first game, Blue. Jeez I feel old :(

HJSoulma

Eater of Popsicles
I'm pretty sure I was 8, and I discovered them on a train from Boston to New York. ^^ A friend of mine and I were going to be on a Macy's Day Parade float with the band 98 Degrees (O__o), and on the train ride there he let me start a new game on his Red. I started with Charmander 'cause I thought he was the cutest, but didn't really know how the game worked, so I had a lot of trouble with Brock and Misty. We searched all around our hotel to find me my own copy, but no one even knew what we were talking about. >< When we got home, my mom bought me both Red and Blue, and I started Blue with Squirtle. ^^ Like many, I only raised him, so the E4 were, um, fun to say the least. (My final team, though, was still the best ever- all three starters, Pikachu, Mewtwo, legit Mew... oh, damn you generation gap!)​
Also, anyone remember that early ad with all the Pokemon getting on the bus together? I was convinced for god knows how long that "Pikachu" was Japanese for hello. ><

Glurak

I was five when I got my blue Edition!It was 2000!One month later I got my next Edition the red Edition!In the blue and the red Edition I took Charmander
*looking an my Ava*

H2SO4

persona non grata
I was five when I got my blue Edition!It was 2000!One month later I got my next Edition the red Edition!In the blue and the red Edition I took Charmander
*looking an my Ava*
I guess you played german version? I can still remember names like Glumanda (sooo funny) Glutexo and Glurak XD

Raos

Rawr
I was maybe five when I got Red for Christmas. I remember having an extremely over-leveled Squirtle, not bothering to raise my other Pokemon.

Thor's Beard

I must've been about 7 or 8 back then. Those were the days...

Status
Not open for further replies.