• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How old were you when you got R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jade

Myuu...
March 2000, aged 12 is when I first got my red :p

dualsaber

Mmm...carnage.
Age 7, I got a red version which my brother then deleted and erased my lv 57 Charizard. I was so ticked!

graymonkey0

graymonk
i got i for my birthday when i turned seven ... good days, good days

On Christmas when I was eight, I got the Red version and a GameBoy Color.

Anaya

Synthesis
I have never owned any of the first generation games. But my brother got Yellow like 1 or 2 years ago. I tried playing it, but I got a little bored.

GentleArtillery

Always subjective
I wa 8 years old and animé fan. Now I'm 14 years old and sensible.

AlexPokemon

I are Entei
I got Blue when I was 9... aaah the days... I called my Charmand Charmaster and killed all the legendarys because I din't know they were rare... then I went on the internet, found out they were legends, kicked myself, and promptly caught missino. That was the end of Charmaster... :(

I think I was 5 and my brother was 6 when we got blue version. I mainly watched him play and didn't actually play pokemon until Crystal, but it still counts in my book.

FireTalon

I think...7?
I don't really remember,I got it secondhand,but still,those were the days...
And,lol,I thought the graphics were incredible.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
Around 11. Rememeber getting red for christmas then finding out where Articuno was sometime in my last year at primary which I was 12 so definately 11 when I got the game.

I saw the anime first.

I wanted red for different reasons though, I wanted it (I cannot believe my reasons for wanting it.>_<) because I saw some guys playing it and it was the first game I saw that you can buy stuff in. Forget the Pokemon I wanted it because you can buy stuff at the pokemart. I was a typical girl at that time, shopping was my love.=P

Of course I had never heard of the legend of Zelda and all the other RPGS. The only games I played previously was super mario land and puzzle games.

My brother bought it for the Pokemon.

I played it for the Pokemon aswell when I realised it was like the cartoon to an extent (training, battling collecting Pokemon)

I didn't seem to know how to put 2 and 2 together at first back then. No wonder my friends didn't think I was bright. XD

Last edited:

Kramer

Porygon fan
I was 16 when I purchased Pokemon Red.

I ended up getting red simply because everyone I knew had Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.