• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How old were you when you got R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
11, and I remember starting it up for the 1st time. 22 now and I still love it :D Took a break for a few years though in between.

Nee

Snoo Pingas Usual
I got Red for Christmas in '98. I was 15. It's funny because I never really was interested in Pokemon at first. I didn't ask for the game, but got it anyways. Once I got the game I couldn't put it down. It was then when I became a fan of the franchise.

If I remember correctly I was 8 (or 7) when my parents got Blue for my brother but since he was younger than me (he was 4), he didn't play the game much, so I ended up playing it most of the time. I remember playing it for the first time and being instantly hooked, even through I have never heard or seen it before.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
I believe I was around 6 or 7 when I got Red and Blue. And I've been hooked ever since.

hazor100

I was 6 years old,everybody dumbed me beacause I didn't had a Pokemon game,however I was the only one who knew on how to have Mew and beacause of him i always won
At that time my team was:
blastoise lvl90
mewlvl89
clefablelvl90
Yep only these three

bulbasaur14

Bulbasaur line ftw
i got blue when i was 6 and i still have that level 100 venasaur name DINO
(god knows why i was 6 lol)

Mastavida

I got red or yellow when I was four, though I don't remember which one. I got the other one, I think the same year. Or maybe when I was 5? I don't really remember. I was so small back then. Not that I'm not still, compared to most people here...

I was 7 years old. (those were the good old days when I lived in okinawa). it was a red version that I got.

lethal Xsanity

I was about 6 or 7,ahh 10 year's ago..
Funny story,
It was the 2nd last day of school and on the bus a little kindergartner,(not that i wasn't much bigger I was in 1st grade),let me play his Game Boy Color with Yellow version and it was awesome!! I asked to borrow it knowing that I was not coming to school the next day so i wouldn't be able to give it back haha.
Evil me.
I barely knew how to play, I would wander around and save when I felt like it.
I eventually got the hang of it and started to play it right after who knows how many restart's.

I was about 7 or 8. I was stuck at the starting screen.. I was too dense to hit start. I thought the menu was where you pick your Pokemon.

Antiyonder

Overlord
I was 17 when I got them. I got Red during the Summer of 1999. Then I got Yellow around the time it was released, and finally Blue for Christmas.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I got it when I was about 6 years old. I remember getting Yelllow for Christmas, along with a GBC. Those were the days *sigh*

nickandhispipe

wants his own avatar
I was 10 when I bought Blue. I actually bought it with my own money. I had sold 1 of the 3 Holo Charizard cards that I had and used the money to buy it. I remember I got stickers of all 150 the same day and I put them everywhere.

BeatsTehShiz

I <3 Silver
Well, I never directly received R/B/Y, but when my dad and bro got it, I was 2 or 3 years old. I was fascinated with those games. I think watching my dad play is what spawned my infinite love of the franchise.

I was around 9 years old when I got RBY all at once for my birthday, plus a yellow gameboy color. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was the happiest 9 year old that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.