• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How old were you when you got R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogi Bear

King of Poke Games
Was that 10 or 11 years ago?
I think it was 11 so I'll say... just 5.

Fennir

Maybe 12 years old.

In my defense, I didn't start out playing Red and Blue. I started out playing my cousin's Gold version and then I got my own Pokemon game when I was about 9. (Ruby any one?)

Yamimori

Shadow's Reflection
Oh my, I remember the time very well XD

I was only about 5 at the time. I've been hooked on Pokemon ever since!

Yes, that cloudy warm autum night. Dad and I were in Walmart, and on a whim because the box looked cool, and because my father spoiled me, I got a GBC and Pokemon Blue :D

Being 5 though, I couldn't read it at first. But within a few months I learned how to read -- I always credit Pokemon for my advanced English/Reading skills XD

Yamimori

Shadow's Reflection
Oh my, I remember the time very well XD

I was only about 5 at the time. I've been hooked on Pokemon ever since!

Yes, that cloudy warm autum night. Dad and I were in Walmart, and on a whim because the box looked cool, and because my father spoiled me, I got a GBC and Pokemon Blue :D

Being 5 though, I couldn't read it at first. But within a few months I learned how to read -- I always credit Pokemon for my advanced English/Reading skills XD

Sir-Aero

Soul of Silver
I was 7 when I got MINE but I played other people's since I was six.

Nocturna

I was 11 years old when I got Pokemon Blue. Wanted to play the game after I read an article about it on one of the issues of Nintendo Power. I remember getting the game and the Game Boy Pocket system about a month or two after Pokemon Blue was released. If I remember correctly, I picked Pokemon Blue because of the version exclusive Pokemon. Really wanted to get a Vulpix and Meowth in the game.

Canto

When I was like 6 or 7 I had Red, Blue, and Yellow.
I only really played Blue though, I think I lost Red, and I could never get past Brock in Yellow. XD

XxpikapikaxX

Is also a Naruto fan
It came out when I was about 2 or 3, but I got it a year or two after is came out, I got Blue when I first turned 5 (I learned how to read when I was 2, no lie) and Yellow when I was 5 as well.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I think I was around uh 10-11 when I got Blue, which was the first time I ever got a Gameboy Color. See when I was younger then 10 I wasn't allowed to play the gameboy, but I was allowed to later,

Shinji_Charizard

My bro got it when he was 8, I was 6. So I just played it too. I can remember that time very well, because I'm dutch I couldn't read the english, and I didn't understand anything of the game. But I still thought it awesome and kept playing even while I didn't really know what I had to do. :'D I'm 16 now.

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
My original was Yellow, which released on October 1, 1999, I got it that Christmas, so I was 4. I could read early on, so once my sister was done, (it was actually for her, but she got bored by New Year's) she gave it to me. I wouldn't have gotten the core mechanics were it not for the anime, which my sister had watched since it debuted. My sister gave me her Blue at Christmas 2000, because she had caught 'em all. My dad got me a Red version that same Christmas, so I had finished catching by the time G/S/C released. It was cool.
Come to think of it, I could've started earlier, because I read the first Harry Potter at 3 1/2.

Antiyonder

Overlord
I was 17 when I got them (1999). As for specifications:
- Red and Yellow when the latter was newly released.
- Blue I got as a Christmas gift during the same year.

PaleoPhoenix

Protector of Nature
Wow I don't even remember. I was in 5th grade so probably ten. Then I got Yellow as soon as it came out. I feel old now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.