• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How old were you when you got R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWtennis

I got blue version for christmas when uhhh idk wat age all i know is i was young enough and that i couldnt read it so my mom translated =P lol

When I got my red and blue i
was about 10 or 8 years old.

Cosine

Legionnaire
I was 9 Years old when I got Blue, and 10 years old when I got Yellow.

diablocon

Final Fantasy Fan
If I remember correctly, I was 11-12 years old, and I got Red on import.

6-7 years later, and I'm still importing them. :D The only one I haven't imported is my Ruby.

Pokemaniacneo

XD I was only 4 or 6 when I got my first pokemon game. Although compared to kids these days who seem not to be able to grasp the simpliest of games at age 9 alot of young kids played the pokemon games and knew all weakness strengths etc. I'm going by my little cousin not sure if all kids are like that. xD That was 10 years ago so I musta been 4-ish.

Ice_Tyrant

5 when i got red...that was an interesting christmas because i couldnt stop playying it and i never understood the training cocept so i went against Surge with a level 43 Venusaur and a level 14 Buterfree, and a lvl 12 Pidgey o_O...by the elite four those guys were 40 and venusaur was 85 but by them my team was Venusaur, Marowak, Nidoking, Fearow, Kangaskahn, Eggextutor

The buterfree was traded since it would have taken an eternity to find a caterpie in red...

LOL I did the same exact thing. Had a charizard at level 72 at sabrina.

I was in 3rd grade (I think) when I got Red. Thats when I got my first Handheld gaming thing too... Actully Red was probably the first non computer video game I ever played... I might have been 8. Got Yellow and Gold a year later on christmas (Or some christmas) I think I'm done with pokemon though. buying pokemon games anyway Some of the pokemon in diamond/pearl look more like neopets then pokemon :p That fire starter reminds me of that monkey on dexters lab too... So yeah. I think I might have been 8 when I first played pokemon.

BugLoverCody

Drowns in Cultness
I bought my Blue when I was about 11-12. I might be the first person in my country that played the game, I remember that nobody knew Pokemon here and the anime was not being aires at that time. Good old memories... Everyone here thought Pokemon was just a sparklework, which would make a big bang and then dissapear. About 6 years later.... GUYZ, YOU WERE WRONG!!! I remember getting bad grades @ school so my parents just hid the gameboy somewhere.... They yelled because I did not want to study @ all. Thank God, in later years of school, I could do both efficiently (I mean Pokemon and reading). But Pokemon was also the reason why I wear glasses...

I guess love can sometimes be a little...... destructive. But it still is love!

PS: As for levels, I had my Blastoise lv 89 when I reached the E4 and Kadabra Lv70 (I did not kow how to make it evolve, I was dissapointed, so I kept and kept training it!) I was afraid to level up Blastoise when he became 99Lv, because there was a rumour here that Lv100 Pokemon die and go to the Lavender Town cemetary (I'm not kidding!!)

I was afraid to level up Blastoise when he became 99Lv, because there was a rumour here that Lv100 Pokemon die and go to the Lavender Town cemetary (I'm not kidding!!)
that,s not true it just makes people not level up to 100,anyway I was looking for one and yellow was the one i was tring to find and i did when i was 9-10.

Yertle

I bought myself blue version when I was twelve just as Pokemon started getting off the ground in the US. My older brother had bought Red Version on a whim when it first came out so he would have a game to kill time on a bus during a band trip. Naturally Target had it on sale the week after his purchase when I got a raincheck

There was some serious game boy angst since we only had one game boy in the house and two addicts. Eventually the GBC came out and resolved said angst when I got my own for christmas. The worst part about being an early GBC adopter was having only purple and clear purple as options

Last edited:

Avrillie

Contest-Fan
I was 8 years old... or 7. My first videogame ever was Blue :) I remember my stater Squirtle. It's nickname was Nic. (three first letter from nickname, I'm very creative XD )
I was 10 when I got Gold. I trade Nic to Gold and then I realize my Nic is girl... It made me laugh. Oh my Nic, you are always in my mind.
Now in 14 I haven't got bored from Pokemon or my Blue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.