• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How old were you when you got R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
I was probably 12 because my parents wouldn't let me play video games. So my sister got a gameboy from her friend and i saved up enough to go to gamestop and get one...
:)

Aresol

Caring Wanderer
Probably 7 or 8 at the time, I'm 20 now. I was pretty young and when I think about it now it's been a long time since those games came out.

lvl100blastoise

I was like 5 or 6

advance4ev

~Pure Awesomeness~
I was either four, five, or six when I got Pokemon Blue and Red(never got Yellow) xD. I'm not sure, I just know that I was pretty young.
I got mine from my cousin, so in other words, I got it for free lol. My starter was Squirtle, I don't know why. I didn't know how it all worked, so I ended up with only one or two strong Pokemon [a lv.40 Blastoise(or was it Wartoral??) and then I'd have this weak lv.14 Pikachu, ect.]

Never finished the game now that I think about it :(

Last edited:

mech king1

Fire trainer
i ws six when i bought red and blue

I actually bought Gold Version before I ever obtained any of the Pokemon First Generation games. I probably got into Pokemon when I was around seven, but I got my first Pokemon game at around age ten. Gold was my first Pokemon game; however one of my friends gave me Yellow Version when I was twelve. Yellow was my first Pokemon game from the First Generation, and I received it for free. :p Later another one of my friends gave me and my brother his Blue Version as a gift, since he was losing interest in Pokemon in general. My brother got to keep the Blue Version, which was his first Pokemon game from the First Generation. He is almost two years older than me, so I believe he was around thirteen to fourteen years old at the time.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
I got Yellow when I was about 5 or 6 .. and Red when I was 7 or 8. I never got blue, it's one of the only three games I'm missing. I used to believe Pikachu could evolve if you made it happy enough, or if you somehow tricked it into evolving (though I never came up with a way to trick it), and I thought Missingno was the way to catching Mew and Togepi. And also dominating the whole game. So I always caught it.

I miss the old days when R/B/Y was the most amazing game ever.

BlueMew7

what up daddy in the house
I was around 4 years old when I got Red and Yellow.

Blazing Charmander

I had both Red and Blue for Christmas in 2000, to my utter delight. That would've made me... 9 years old. :D I'd been into Pokemon since November '99 due to the anime and TCG, but amazingly I hadn't owned or played any of the games until over a year later.

I remember that Pokemon was all the craze on the playground since it had hit the UK, so kids would bring in their trading cards to play with and trade, and many would be discussing the latest episode that had aired on Sky or SMTV Live. Some would also be brave enough to bring in their Game Boys complete with Red, Blue or Yellow, which first made me aware of the games. It was funny cos everyone would crowd around just one person with their game lol. So to finally get my hands on my very own copy of the games was a precious moment. :)

Atlidevil

Game Hoarder
i was either six or 7 when i got red version a few months after my older sister got red,blue and yellow at the same time (she was like 10 or 11) they thought i couldn play it...boy were they wrong when i defeated the e4 (in yellow which was my sisters favorite cause of the following pikachu) something my sister couldn do after exactly 42 try's (team: pikachu,charizard,blastoise,venasaur,pidgeot and moltres).

she still has that same team today since she quit around 13-14 and only played the games if we were traveling across the country or the like

Last edited:

jessicafe

i was probably about 7 or 8. i got red and my brother got blue. then he got an import of yellow from america, i was annoyed at him because pikachu got to follow you around and talk and stuff. i was obsessed with pikachu, seriously.

sadly i lost pokemon red, when i left my gameboy and a bunch of games on a bus. ):

I got pokemon blue when i was 8 i think. I was on holiday in Spain and I'll never forget the day where I held my first game boy color in the palm of my hands. I played it so much. Sadly I lost it and I didn' play pokemon for years, until Leaf Green came along

I also will never forget the day I beat the elite four with just a level 100 Kukuna =P

Status
Not open for further replies.