• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How old were you when you got R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popelloz

I got Blue when I was about 4 but I never really played it. (Honestly, I couldn't even get past my ROOM just because I liked the sound of bumping the walls :p. Yes, I was a strange child back then.) All of my Gen. 1 nostalgia comes from Stadium because no travelling was involved.

Cryptic Blaze

Blinded by the light
I was about 4 when I first got Blue version. I remember starting out with Squirtle when I first played it. I'm 16 now so I have been playing pokemon for about 12 years now.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
5 or 6 I think was when I was given Red as a birthday present.

GilligBoi

I was 9 when I first got my Blue version :)

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
I got blue for my 9th birthday and yellow for christmas that same year.

SneaselClaw

I was about 9, my brother got Red as his birthday present and I played it non-stop until our parents went out and got me Blue.

Skwog

PurpleHaze
I was four when I first got my first Pokemon game, a Blue version with a Gameboy Pocket that my mom had found in our hotel room.
I've been hooked ever since.
The worst part about starting playing when I was four was that I could not read efficiently yet, and never even made it to Brock on my first file (I did not know that I needed to bring the Parcel back to Oak).

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
I got Red version for my 7th birthday. I was so happy, because all of my friends had gotten the game almost a year earlier when it came out in September. My birthday is in July so I had to wait.

Ludicepop!

I live in hoenn.
6. I got pokemon blue the day after I got sapphire I think.

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
3. My sister got it back then but I was the one who played it.

iraqmaster

I believe I was 12 when I got RBY..

ForteAnly

I got Red Version so I was around 10-11 years old. It's been such a long time.

Sayho1234

I was 11 years old and I had originally wanted to buy the Blue version because blue is my favorite color, but Toys R'us were out of them so I had to settle for the Red version instead. A few weeks later when my friends were all saying that Red was the cooler game over Blue because it has the coolest pokemon on it's cover (Charizard) I wasn't so upset about settling to buy the Red version anymore :).

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I was 5 years old, I believe. It was a Christmas present. Red version, and it still works. So does my yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.