• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How old were you when you got R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold10

Enigmatic Unknown
I was just a wee 7 years old wen I got yellow, Pokemon changed my life

Super Gullwing

Team Skull Mom
I never played Pokemon Game Boy games when it came, I was only a fan to the show and the Nindendo 64 games. I started playing Pokemon when Silver and Gold came out. So I was like... 8, 9, or 10. Then my brother later bought Blue from a friend and I played it then. Then I... I destroyed it. I found out about the Missingno. thing. XD;

I think I got Red when I was about 5 or 6.

Saph

Rapscallion
I was 9 years old. I remember the day well, I bought a second-hand Game Boy, then I went to Curry's to buy the game. Then at my grandmother's I played it for the first time. Couldn't get out of the house..

The Inferno

Legendary Hunter
5 or 6. I had all three, and I played them intensely.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
It didn't come out in Britain 'til 1999, when I was ten. Being a hardcore GB enthusiast, I had heard of the game (and played my friends import copy), rushed out on release and bought Blue (for me) and Red (for my brother). Eight years on and my Blue Gamepak (and box) is still in near mint condition.

Of course, whilst the cartridge is still in great shape, I can't say the same about the data on it. Missingno. scuffed that up years ago. My hall of Fame has never been the same since.

Last edited:

*~Fearless~*

++LaZy DaYs++
I got Blue when i was eight years old.
I remember that day easily,i sat down on the kitchen table late at a Friday evening, turning up my apple green Game Boy for the first time,watching the Jigglypuff vs Gengar-battle with my mouth fully opened...
Those were the times.x3

xXPorygonXx

Sort of active
I was 12 when I got Yellow. Growing up, my parents were all "Video games are evil! Your brain will melt! Thank us!" They gave in eventually and got me my first Pokemon game (Silver) for Christmas. A year later I got Yellow.

wave57

I got Blue when I was 5.And Yellow on my 6th birtday.

Cenzo

Red: True Master
12 when I got Yellow....

Guy

I don't know!
9th birthday;). They are real rarities now.

Noscreenname

At the age of 7 I got Pokemon Red.

I think it must have been the first video game I played all the way through. Thus, Pokemon still holds a special (sometimes nostalgic) place in my heart.

SkinnySweatyMan

Let's see, the year it came out in the U.S., I don't remember how old I was. Maybe nine or ten. It was either fourth or fifth grade.

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Dark Goddess
I was 8. Heh.. I still remember getting stuck in the area where you're supposed to give the guards a drink. :p I didn't know that walkthroughs existed back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.