• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How old were you when you got R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
I was about 5 or 6 when i got my red

Alloute

Not Banned
Well, I didn't get Red right away, I got my first Pokemon game (Silver) when I was 11, I got Red a few months later.

Daimona

Hero of Truth
Since we got pokemon a bit later than most of you guys and since my mom basicly consider videogames evil, I didn't get Blue until I was 10 or so. Probably just as well anyway, since I don't think I would've gotten as much out of it if I'd still been in kindergarten.

Last edited:

Rad3n

Banned
I don't remember too well, though it was early primary school. Of course, it was a long time ago so I'm a little fuzzy.

I never actually got R/B/Y for myself
i always borrowed my cousins and he got his when he was about 7, so i wouldhave been about 8 when i first started playing it

mudkip master

Surf's up Mudkip
i got red and blue at 6 or 7 i think may have been 8.

Yon Yon

Vini, Vidi, Vici
I got red version when I was 5 or 6, man I remember when all the kids on the street would have link battles and trades
*sighs and looks out the window wearing my bath robes and chewing on my wooden pipe*

Rogue Striker G

We're watching you..
I had just turned 5 got a gameboy pocket and blue version for my birthday.

Mopey

I was 9 I believe when Pokemon Red and Blue came out. I got Red for Christmas that year.

Last edited:

Salam3nc3

The Ghost Inside
Probably 6 or 7 when I first got yellow.

nintendodork

Mr. Mahanahan
I got Yellow for Christmas when I was five. :)

Indy

WAT
13 or 14. I got Pokemon blue on my birthday. It matche dmy Ice Blue Gameboy Pocket. I still own 'em also!

hatshepsut

I didn't get Pokemon games until I was about 12, and then my parents gave in and bought me Gold, which had just come out at the time. I didn't get RBY until about a year later when I was 13.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
I got Blue the first year it came out. I think I was probably 4 or something like that... I'm 14 now so whatever year Blue came out minus this year

Dimbat

Arr...
I must've been 9 when I first got Pokémon Red. Ahh, a life changing event ^^.

b3ttybr00t4l

COLOUR ME CLICHÉ
I was about 3 or 4 when my brother got Blue, (he was about 7) then my dad soon bought Red for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.