• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How old were you when you got R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narshen

Rocket Grunt
I was 8 when I first got my Yellow version, back on Christmas '99. It was the very first game I ever owned. What a day that was...

Last edited:

bulb182

It was my 8th birthday :D

And i remember it took me 2 hours to figure out how to find Prof. Oak

Then i got stuck in Viridian Forest and i had to ask my friend where the exit was...

i'm so glad they made entrances and exits more obvious in Generation 2 =P

Chaotic Houndoom

Dark Trainer
Wow, I couldnt tell you its been so long! 10-11? Dunno. >.<

RagingTyphlosion

Game Corner Addict
11 I think. My first Gameboy was the Original GBA and I played Gold first. Got Red not long after.

Although I have been a Pokemon fan since the Animé was broadcasted in the UK in 1999 I think, making me 8 at the time!

Ajiryn

Eevee-lutionist
Seriously? I got it when it first came out in America. So, if I'm thinking of the date correctly, I was... It was.... 1998? I dunno. I'm 17 now...

So I guess subtracting 11 years... I was 6 or 7 at the time. ^_^ Such fun...

Last edited:

Ajiryn

Eevee-lutionist
I was 7 or 8 years old... (I think)

It was Red Version I believe; I honestly can't find it though. *lost it* =/

High five! t(^_^)>

My brother got Blue, I chose red. I was gullible back then, so on the day it came out, he made me think they didn't have any more of the Red Version, until I got home and figured out he already bought one for me.

=)

Last edited:

Alloute

Not Banned
I was 11 lol, Silver was my first game and I got it when I was 10, but I've been a fan since I was 8

panicsocharming

カンディー
i was 7. ^_^ two of my older brothers had red, the other one has blue, along with my best friend.

i got special pikachu edition, along with the pokemon gameboy. :D

Aeron

Bum Eyes
God I can't be bothered to do the math but I had the game along with a new Gamboy Colour so I must have been around 7. Brings back memories though of me and my friend trading Machokes and Kadabras so we could get Machamps and Alakazam to complete the Pokedex.

iLOVEcroutons

Grass Type Lover
hehe....to be honest I got my first Yellow around the age of 11...^^;
Also I got it one day walking to school, it was on the ground =DDDDD such luck! haha XD

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Got Red and Blue (blue later broke, though) at like 6....

and to this day, Red lives and i still play it occasionaly

*heart warms up thinking about warm fuzzy membories...*

Little_Pikachu

With Action Amusing!
Pretty sure I was out and about skiving classes in my second year of college when I met up with my brother in town and he showed me Yellow in the store that had imported games... So I was about 17 I think.

Surfing_Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.