• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How old were you when you started playin pokemon?

Nakashima

when they first came out.. think i was 3 or 4 =o
Ive never stopped playing because i thought it was 'uncool', because frankly, i dont give a rats behind about what other people think about me. I did stop playing for a while when I didnt have a DS yet and the new games only came for DS though, for quite obvious reasons =p

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
when they first came out.. think i was 3 or 4 =o
Ive never stopped playing because i thought it was 'uncool', because frankly, i dont give a rats behind about what other people think about me. I did stop playing for a while when I didnt have a DS yet and the new games only came for DS though, for quite obvious reasons =p

You just summed up my story perfectly ^_^

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
I was around 13 when the first games came out. I had already seen the anime and really wanted to get pokemon Red (I wanted to get a scyther lol) For christmas that year. (I think) I got a Game Boy Colour and Pokemon Blue. Despite getting the opposite version that I wanted I was over the moon. Beggers can't be choosers right? ^ ^ Sadly that game's long gone now along with my Gold version. I never stopped playing even during the third gen. I loved them all. (Despite the lack of day and night in the third gen)

Last edited:

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
Well I was 10 or 11 when I started, I got into the Anime first then I got Diamond and Pearl for Christmas then it went from there :)

Meowth City

Staff member
I started playing Pokemon when I was around 10 or 11 years old when the games first came out in 1999 (I am now 22 years old) and I still play. I never stopped because it was 'uncool' as I never care much about what people thought. I will always be playing Pokemon even when I'm 100, haha.

The Oncoming Storm

I went to jared
I got my first ever copy of pokemon yellow for my 6th birthday. I ended up letting a kid beat it for me and i then traded it to him for some lame wario game. I really started playing when i was 8. I got red and crystal plus a brand new Game boy color. Ive played through the story of every main game too. I never stoped playing unless i didnt have the system i needed to play.

Lugia 88

I was ten years old and my First Pokemon Game was Red version, then when Gold and Silver came out I enjoyed play Silver a lot due to Lugia before the elite four. I watch the anime but now not so much.

Psycho Cut

When I was 7. When my parents split up my dad went to live with this woman who had a son, who played pokemon. I was intruged by the game he was playing (Crystal) so he lent me Gold as my first game.

We did a lot of battling too :) By the time emerald came out, I was better than him. MWAHAHAHA!

Well I remember getting Blue for my 7th birthday in 1999

So yeah, seven.

Geekachu

Kibagos

FairyDragon Queen~
I guess I was around 4 years old or something. Not 100% sure.

Aegon

I had watched the anime since I was four or five, but started playing the games with LeafGreen. I really loved that game, and played it for so long. I got Diamond around its release date and have been buying the games ever since.

Shooti

Uber Trainer
I was 9 when I first watched the anime. My very first game was pokemon red which I played when I was 11.

Darkfire98989

Am I even still here
I think i was somewhere between 6-8 when i got given blue and silver, ad beside a 1 year lapse 2 years ago i havent stopped playing since