• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How Pikachu Came to Have Red Cheeks

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
I actually kind of had an idea for a fic like Smile Guy's idea, but it is more like a big serious project. The stories would be more of short fables/parables. I wrote this in the Fic Ideas thread:

Quote by me in the Fic Ideas thread on page 35
Well, I kind of have another idea for a fanfiction but I would like some ophinions about it. I was thinking of doing some short stories about how the Pokemon got their reputation of whom they are, like why Zangoose and Seviper hated each other and why Gyrados can't fly. It will be kind of like The Silmarillion, (it's a books of short mythological/historical stories on how the world of Lord of the Rings came to be).
I am not sure if I should put it in three books (one for each region) or put it in just one book. If I were to undertake this project then it would be posted for a long as I have my novella "Heart of the Sea" and the poem "Wonderful Dusts" to be done first. Plus, it seems that I will have to plan this project more throughly. I am not really sure if there are any fanfiction in that short of theme, but if there is already anything like my idea then let me know.
If you want, here is the link:http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=22230&page=35
Now Smile Guy, I am not complaining or anything. I see that yours will be more of light humor and all, so I say you can go head with the "Why Pikachu have Red Cheeks" idea. I think this could be fun. Here is a couple of questions that I would like answered:
Why Magikarps are weak?
How Sneasel get its claws to be so long?

Last edited:

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
katiekitten said:
An idea: Why don't you do it as a group project with a selection of other authors? That way you can create a whole anthology, and it will have a variety of different writing styles. More interesting for the reader. :)

That's actually something I thought about, particularly with people in the Review Club. But I figured I'd go alone at first, except...

YOWZA!!! I leave this for about a day, come back and I've been bombarded with questions. I said to myself if I got ten people interested I'd start but looks like I'm gonna have to do a lot of catching up. I'll get writing right away! -- Chronological order. My story will deal with it. See it soon!

EDIT: The official story is up! Check it out if you want to! And can all future suggestions go into the story thread, thank you. Also, I've been thinking about the whole multiple author-thingy. If you're interested, PM me.

Last edited:
E

Evanji Axu

I have a story about why Typhlosion have red eyes. Here's a synopsis:

The great Typhlosion goddess, Bakuna, has beautiful green eyes. So when she made the Cyndaquil line in her image, they all had green eyes just like her. Nearby, the Zangoose dwelt and honored their own god, Zansa. However, some restless, aggressive Typhlosion went to the Zangoose and attacked, slaying them by the dozens and assaulting the females.
Bakuna was furious! In her rage, she turned the guilty Pokemon's eyes as red as they blood as they shed, so the other Typhlosion would know who they were and shun them. However, she accidentally turned their children's eyes red as well! Bakuna panicked and tried to turn the innocent kits' eyes back to their original green color, but could not. Moreover, when these Cyndaquil grew up and had children, the progeny were also crimson-eyed. The cycle continued until almost all the Cyndaquil, Quilava and Typhlosion has red eyes. However, occasionally one with emerald orbs is born; these rare kits are hailed as the direct descendants of Bakuna herself, as are other Pokemon with uncharacteristically green eyes: the former were borne by Bakuna or her daughters, the latter descended from her sons.

katiekitten

The Compromise
Wells, I had my go at a story. I posted it on the thread. Moral: Curiosity killed the cat, or in this case, muted it. XD