• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How Pikachu Came to Have Red Cheeks

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
NoSpots.jpg

Well an idea came to me and I just have to share it with everyone! My new fanfiction story (fans of the Uprising, do NOT panic, it will not overtake it but merely be a side-project (and future fans of this do not panic the Uprising will merely be a side-project)).

For people who are familiar with the whole How the Leopard Came to Have It's Spots series of short stories they will know what this project will be about. For those who aren't, it's a collection of stories which give stories that are complete and utter rubbish about how thing's happen -- Be it trees got their leaves 'cos a whole load of feathery dragons died or ducks quack because they always used to swear and a magician put a curse on them. Hopefully it'll be a good project.

And notice I don't use the word "story" but the word "project". The reason being is I want you *points at reader* to be involved. I want you *points at reader* to submit questions for me to answer through stories. My stories will be exaggerated, ridiculous, humourous, silly and hopefully great fun. So, who's with me?!?!?!? I ask, before I get jet-setting on a project which will be complete and utterly not unignored.

-- Smile Guy

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Just me
Hmm, sounds like a good idea.

Why do Remoraid attach themselves to Mantine?

Tale

OOH! I had that idea of readers being involved, waaay back when I was Olyon, with a thing called 'A Series of Pokemon Battles'. I'm actually planning on brining it back when I get enough time.

Anyways, I love the idea, I really, really think you should go ahead with it, it sounds fantastic; something I'd love to do. Yeah, I say go with it, that kind of fic really gains publicity you know ;D.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Do Magnemite have Sparks like transformers?

PDL

disenchanted
Just-So Stories? that's actually pretty interesting, half the pokedex descriptions from the games are probably just like them ;)

go for it.

Why do Spoink Bounce?

This ought to be interesting. I remember some of those storie's.

Where do Meowth's get their charm's?

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
This seem interesting I had an idea close to this but it was more about how pokemon came into existences by their elemental groups.

Why do Ninetales curse people?

Why do Digletts and Dugtrio hide their body underground?

Why do Cubone and Marowak wear skulls that cover their face?

These are just some questions I've been wondering about since I got into pokemon.

katiekitten

The Compromise
This is a really nice idea, Smile Guy!

*thinks of question*

Why do Umbreon have rings?

Why do Pokemon always say their names?

How come a wurmple can either evolve into a cascoon or silcoon? (And why do I always get a cascoon? XD)

Well, that's all from me. :)

An idea: Why don't you do it as a group project with a selection of other authors? That way you can create a whole anthology, and it will have a variety of different writing styles. More interesting for the reader. :)

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
An idea: Why don't you do it as a group project with a selection of other authors? That way you can create a whole anthology, and it will have a variety of different writing styles. More interesting for the reader

That's one heck of an idea you got there, katiekitten.

Astinus

Why do the Pikachu herd sing to the moon?

Why does Fafetch'd have the leek?

Why can't Gyardos close its mouth?

Why can't Tropius fly?

That's all for now, because I've been looking at my posters to find Pokémon with questions, and my neck hurts because the posters are behind me.

And if you want to do an anthology, I'm in on it!

Literate

black cat, black cat
^_^ Seems like a fine idea.

Let me think...

What is Ditto made of?

How come Metapod, Kakuna, Silcoon, and Cascoon are deemed 'immobile' and yet can use Tackle?

Where did Delibird get its bag?

Why do Spinaraks and Ariados have eight legs?

Why does the Beldum line float?

Yeah, these questions can be answered in a weird way.

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
Hanako Tabris said:
Why can't Tropius fly?

Actually, they can fly. Watch the episodes with tropius in it and you'll see it fly

Let's see...Why are Plusle and Minun always together?

Astinus

Jonouchi said:
Actually, they can fly. Watch the episodes with tropius in it and you'll see it fly

Well, poop on me for not watching the show religiously anymore. :p

Actually, let me rephrase that. I don't watch the undubbed episodes. So sorry. It's not like I want to watch it in Japanese anyway. What would be the point? *insert famous word of mine here*

So, you have a very interesting point. Unfortunately, it's on top of your head.

Moonlight Locust

Wait, am I back? Wow
Where do Chikorita's get their leaves?

Why do Wobbuffet's have a horn on the back of it's head?

Why do Wobbuffet's have eyes on their tail?

More later.

Oh and I think we should make a club about these questions shouldn't we Smile Guy?
-Blue Meowth;manafi;

Last edited:

katiekitten

The Compromise
Saffire Persian said:
That's one heck of an idea you got there, katiekitten.

Thanks Saffire! :)

With the eyes on the back of the tail, animals mostly have them there to scare off other predators. An example of this are lions, who have eye-shaped spots on the back of thier ears to scare off other predators from their prey, so they think that the lion is looking at them, eyes on the back of thier heads... XD

Nylf

How does Rayquaza fly?(I have my own theory, but it's too logical. A 'just so' theory would be funny to see)

Why is Gardevoir the 'embrace' Pokemon, when it has a red spike jutting out of it's chest?(Y'know it just don't make sense, embracing those things must feel like being stabbed slowly with those chest spikes :/)

Why Magneton and Magnemite's effect ISN'T Levitate?

Where does Shelgon's shell come from?

Where do Wooper's TV aerials go?

How can Munchlax put on that much weight?

And to answer a question, Delibird's sack is it's tail.