• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How real do you treat Pokemon

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
I give them a nickname.
Once in a while, if I am having a tough battle, I say "You can do it!" to them.

Southwind

Tropius Rocks!
When I was little, I used to give my Pokémon on Ruby the names of my family members, and I also tought they had feelings, a little like a Tamagochi. But not anymore! :)

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
I was never one for nicknames, so I never really got into this sorta thing... I might have a bit of trouble releasing, but only sometimes... When I'm breeding, it's a non-issue.

I wonder if the desensitizing is beneficial or not...

FluffyHoundour

I normally nickname my Pokemon, but only if they're going to be on my final team or if they're Legendaries. When I'm breeding for certain nature/IVs, then no I don't nickname unless I get the perfect one I want.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I just recently started giving them nicknames, but even before that I still treated them like something special :3

TheTrollingShuckle

The Ace Defence
Hm..... I honestly treat them like they were real. Isnt that right, Blaziken (my first)

I nickname everyone on my team. I roleplay when I'm playing so that I immerse myself so I like to pretend they're real even if I know they're just pixels in a game. It's the fun of having an imagination, really.

battle171

New Gen, Go!
When I was younger, yeah, treated them like pets. Now, data, although I do try to nickname the Pokemons I use for battles to try and give them a little more personality.

zozo

SLIMED!
Hmm... Just the ones I use on my teams, I suppose. The ones I use for breeding, or the ones I catch just for dex entries I may nickname, but that's about all. When I'm grinding or EVing with my team pokemon, however, I might think about how they'd act if they were real and try to write stories around them.

And of course, when I'm battling I might say things like "Come on, don't faint yet! You can do it!" etc. like most other people who get really into their games. ;)

Missingno
I have mentally cussed at people who knock out my pokemon. But I'm not too sentimental anymore. I don't nickname pokemon that aren't on my teams.

PokeTimmy

Collector
I treat them real when they are screwing up.

"Fine - you want to stay confused and injure yourself 5 turns in a row, then I'm not going to pull you out. You can faint for all I care!"

*throws ds against wall*

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
I definitly care for them. I don't necessarily treat them like they're real, but I do try my hardest not to upset them and make them faint.

I tend to keep them happy by not letting them faint and giving them items here and there. However, if their attack misses in critical situations I will yell and want to throw the GB across the room. At that point, it is the game's fault so when that happens they are just a game to me till I calm down ^^