• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How real do you treat Pokemon

I treat them like slaves.
You get what i mean?

blackterminator3

I treat my Pokemon like I treat my family and friends with care and love.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I usually treat them as friends. I don't care if they are pieces of data, I enjoy training them and pretending they are real.

This is me. They may not be real, but doesn't using a bit of imagination make it more fun?

That said, I tend to laugh instead of worrying if they get beat up in battle or whatever. Ehh, it's not like it's serious damage, right? It's more like slapstick.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Well, I always treat my Pokemon like individuals, instead of just pawns like many other people seem to. And I genuinely love my Pokemon teams.

Arcanine724

I am the Batman
I treat them like a dog/cat/sometypeofpet. Their like my buddies! But I don't imagine they're real!

Last edited:

Silverwynde

My Sweet Guardian
It depends on the Pokemon. Something like a Bidoof, I really don't care about it--it can sit in the PC and rot. A Golett or a Golurk, however...

Every Golett and Golurk I have, whether taken in from GTS or caught in the Dragonspiral Tower, is babied. If they get hurt in battle, they're healed immediately. If they faint, I'll take out whoever hurt them with extreme prejudice. In other words: Golett and Golurk are my in-game "kids", so don't you dare hurt them. (Oh no, I'm totally not crazy over here!)

Nyter

Island Challenger
It depends on the Pokemon. Something like a Bidoof, I really don't care about it--it can sit in the PC and rot. A Golett or a Golurk, however...

Every Golett and Golurk I have, whether taken in from GTS or caught in the Dragonspiral Tower, is babied. If they get hurt in battle, they're healed immediately. If they faint, I'll take out whoever hurt them with extreme prejudice. In other words: Golett and Golurk are my in-game "kids", so don't you dare hurt them. (Oh no, I'm totally not crazy over here!)

Oh NO! Not at all 0_0

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I'm a big fan of the games, but I've never looked at them as more than games. For that reason I don't treat them real at all. I obviously have Pokémon preferences when I play through a game, but that's still not treating it real.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I wonder how Bronies treat their Ponies...
If it's anything like we do Pokemon, then I get their affection.

I do get a little attached to my main 6. I don't think they're real, or freak out if they're hurt, but I'm kind of proud of them. I just throw all the rest in a box and almost never take them out.

Casty

While I would never treat in-game monsters on the same level as, say, my cat, I do get attached to a lot of my teams. I still have my crappy, EV trained Flygon which I trained all those years ago, simply because it was the first one and I consider him a huge milestone in my Pokemon "career".

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
I treat them like slaves, my mortal protectors, my defendants and my complete and utter underscores, they are nothing more than useless power sources to me.

snowsquirrel

Squirrel Ninja
I do get attached to my pokemon, sometimes I like to imagine them becoming real or put myself in the trainers position, but of course that is just fantasy.

Flame Mistress

Sometimes I get really attached to them. Like in Platinum, I got so attached to my Pokémon, I gave up my Nuzlocke Challenge and just stuck with them throughout the journey because I loved them so much. Every time I saw a Wild Pokémon I was like "Screw it, you're crap compared to my team, guys, kill it. Screw the Pokédex, I don't need any more than I have now."

That's the closest I ever got, actually. I don't think I've treated anyone else the same precious way, save for my Victini.

Honor

Prinny God
I use to when i started playing pokemon, i would switch out so no one died, i would spoil one more then the other... but honestly its more fun to it , more emotion.

Now i treat them like a cat, nice not like piles of data but not seriously.