• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How relevant is Pokémon where you live?

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
How relevant is Pokémon where you live?

How relevant is Pokémon in your area or country? Is Pokémon really popular where you live or is it seen as taboo or anything in between? Is there a big or small fanbase where you live? If you live in a certain country, How are the games, anime, TCG, Manga, and merchandise handled in it? I thought this would be an interesting topic. I heard China which has never had officially translated Pokémon games are finally being translated but with some name changes which convinced me to make this.

I live in the US specifically California. Pokémon is not everywhere anymore, but I still see many people who are into Pokémon. There are long lines for Pokémon games, and I went to a TCG tournament a few years ago and there were lots of players there. While there are adults who are into Pokémon there are still many kids into it as well. I still see kids in the Pokémon TCG section in stores most of the time. My college has many Pokémon fans but most of my college is also into japanese/anime in general. So yeah Pokémon is popular where I live, and generally those who aren't into it at least know about it.

Polipuff

Artisan of Words
Almost none. Only person over the age of 10 who likes Pokemon in this city. Maybe 3 percent of kids like Pokemon here, so yeah.

DiaRubyTandem

The Fastest Comeback
All kids here in our country knows and plays Pokemon :3

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Gonna talk about my area and say yes I see a bit of relevance. Don't really go out looking for it lol
I have seen that at one of my favorite places to go shopping, a local bookstore, holds Pokemon tournaments every Sunday. Be it TCG or the games. I've never gone to one of them though. Another stance I've seen, specially with the 20th Anniversary is that I have actually seen people going through most of the towns Gamestops and TRU's looking for the 20th Anniversary like.... madmen. Madmen because they literally come out running from the stores whether they have said merch or not.

Actually, when the event for Pokemon day was active, there were a ton of people looking/buying a lot of the TCG packets and boxes. Kids and adults alike as well as plushies.

So I guess its quite relevant, although I guess only when its something big. *^*