• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How should Dawn return in Best Wishes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoennMaster

We all know the previous girl returns briefly in the following anime series, but how exactly do you guys think Dawn should return? Contests are basically confirmed to be gone so unlike May that doesn't really mean Dawn can return for a contest, unless it's like some exhibition for Isshu. So thoughts?

Teshub

Banned
It's better that Dawn doesn't return. I know some in the Misty camp are considering to boycott the show because of the treatment (or non-treatment) of the old characters. So if Dawn fans join them, then the writers will reconsider the "series reboot" thing, which is lame in my opinion.
Ash should be battling experienced trainers, not losing to newbie metrosexuals with female pokemon with an artificially weakened pikachu.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think we might not be seeing her for similar reasons. There aren't any Contests, BW is a fresh start, her Platinum clothes already used, etc.

I really believe Dawn will be the first girl not to get a cameo in the next region.

PePer

She can possibly make a clothes for pretty PokeMusicals weeeee... but I honestly rather would like to not see old faces, ever again.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
For some reason, I don't think Dawn will ever meet Iris. Call it a hunch.

Back when DP started in 2006, I remember saying that Misty and Dawn might never meet, and sure enough, I turned out to be right.

Maybe I'll be right again. :)

Hey, I got Gliscor and Sceptile/Swellow in the Sinnoh league, didn't I?

Back when DP started in 2006, I remember saying that Misty and Dawn might never meet, and sure enough, I turned out to be right.

I'm also amazed about my predictions on the last episode having TR receiving an announcement from Delibird about their promotion with Giovanni on the phone and Tears after a Cloud Storm playing. I think there was something else, but that is all. I do hope that Dawn will return in some shape and form with White's outfit; nevertheless, she might do something after the photo shoot with her Bunneary.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Some other thread was throwing out ideas like Pokemon Stylist competitions and if that's the case, then Dawn would be perfect for those. I could totally see her meeting up with Ash and friends in a few episodes dedicated to Pokemon fashion and stuff. Then we'd have both Dawn and Iris bond and good things would happen as a result. I do see Dawn returning, just not for more Contests since they seem irrelevant in BW.

Teshub

Banned
Something tells me Dawn will be in the photo shoot with Buneary for all eternity.
But if she ever makes an appearance in BW, Dawn will obviously outshine Iris. Jungle girl versus the most sought after girl in Sinnoh. No comparison.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
There is a similar thread like this out there already which asks of Dawn going to Isshu. I really am starting to doubt it because they said that no one will be doing contests. I still am waiting to see if Iris or Dento will do them. Iris isn't doing anything and I was hoping she could do musicals. Since Dento will be joining the group, he'll be an out-of-work-gyleader, so he can do them. That's the only way I can see them bringing Dawn back again. Other than that factor, I don't think Dawn might show up in BW.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Who knows? It's to early to tell, if she even appears at all. I'm not sure if she'll appear in Best Wishes but at the same time I'm sure she won't be ignored like Misty and May will be. Anyway don't worry about it until after Ash's third badge, that's when the girl's appear after the third badge. If Dawn really does become part Pokemon stylist then her chances of appearing just increased since that job doesn't seem to be region exclusive.

Seiryu

Resident dragon
Hm. Indeed, Dawn's kind of a tricky one. She doesn't have any pokemon whose stories could easily be wrapped up in the space of a two- or three-parter or whatever like Misty did with Togepi (well, besides something like Piplup deciding to evolve after all, or something), and Isshu doesn't have any contests (though musicals may be just enough of an analogue that it might not matter).

The way I see it, here would be the most likely possibilities.
One: like I said, musicals may be close enough to contests that it may not matter. Of course, this also assumes that we have a main character even doing musicals at all. Personally, though, I wouldn't be entirely too keen on a second former girl coming back just to lose to one of the new main characters.

Second: there ends up being an event in Isshu that's similar to the Wallace Cup--basically, a PR move by whoever in an attempt to popularize contests in Isshu--and Dawn shows up to participate. All of our heroes get involved in the competition, which (because no one else in the group would be working towards the same goal in the long run) would end in Dawn's favor.

Third: It was said that the Isshu saga is supposed to be faster-paced, right? I'm tempted to entertain the possibility (and it really is just that at the moment, make no mistake) that our heroes will get an interlude saga a la the Orange Islands and Kanto Battle Frontier. Assuming such a thing doesn't take place in Isshu (but rather in one of the original four regions), it wouldn't be much of a stretch at all to include Dawn in a contest arc similar to what I just described.

Of course, those last two also assume that we'll be getting third-generation remakes along the way. Really, if we do, do you really think the writers would actually pass up a chance to advertise one of the things that helped to re-popularize the show in the first place?

BlueVapor

Dawn will obviously outshine Iris. Jungle girl versus the most sought after girl in Sinnoh. No comparison.

You. Just. Need. To. Stop.

Honestly, I think it could go either way. I know she won't appear for contests, so if she did appear, I don't what it'd be for. PokeStylist stuff would be boring, imo.

HoennMaster

I'm going with the introducing contests to Isshu theory. Even if not, they will find a way to bring her back. They wouldn't do it for Misty and May and not Dawn for goodness sakes.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I dont expect to see Dawn come back since it looks like contests are out. But I think if they want to bring her back for a few episodes, the writers would make up something random as the reason for her to come back.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I have an idea. Considering there's still a chance that contests will stay, maybe when Iris will lose a few contests in a row Dawn will appear and will take part in a contest like May did, and Iris will beat her and win it. It'd be cool.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I don't know how the writers will come up with a way for her to return if there are no contest in Isshu, but I can't see them giving Misty and May returns but not Dawn.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus

I actually agree with this. I think from now on they might just completely ignore previous characters and not have cameos from old main cast members.

And technically you didn't get Gliscor/Sceptile/Swellow right, you just complained when it seemed like they weren't there and it turned out they were there after all ;)

Nostalgic Hybrid

Judged By Username
Something tells me Dawn will be in the photo shoot with Buneary for all eternity.
But if she ever makes an appearance in BW, Dawn will obviously outshine Iris. Jungle girl versus the most sought after girl in Sinnoh. No comparison.

Photo shoot. Most sought after girl. Versus another girl. Ten years old.

MAKE IT STOP. THE HORROR.

Status
Not open for further replies.