1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How should gen 8 ash be handled?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by mehmeh1, Nov 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Power Up

Power Up ...

This is really my problem with SM Ash as well. He isn't consistent and he's been reduced to simple personality traits in SM

J.Agera likes this.
  2. AznKei

AznKei Competing against players in Match Masters. XD

I like to discuss things and I disagree to your statements regardless of the title of the thread, is that a problem to you? But yeah, I'll just drop this since it's getting off-topic after a while.

PorcelainVulpix likes this.
  3. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

...There’s a difference between abusing Pokémon in pursuit of strength and working together with them to reach that same ideal. DP Ash was no more preachy than Paul, who at every other occasion would state his methods. That’s what made their rivalry so great; there was tension installed in their beliefs. Ash had no reason to take that issue up with Alain because he wasn’t much different from Ash. If Alain has been his complete opposite, preachy Ash would’ve been full throttle. He’s always been preachy. The Team Flare arc especially brought that out again.

BTS_fan likes this.
  4. Power Up

Power Up ...

An ideal Ash would be XY/XYZ Ash with the cocky and arrogance at times in OS/AG. This iteration would accurately cover all facets of Ash's character and could go even further than XY/XYZ Ash did developing Ash as a character

maartjeverhoef and SH65 like this.
  5. Genaller

Genaller May 16th 2016 - October 12th 2019

Yeah except by the end of DP Ash had come to accept that Paul’s methods were just as valid as his own and even subtly acknowledged them by deliberately having Infernape take a direct hit Thunder in order to activate special Blaze which was exactly the kind of thing you’d expect from Paul. There’s this big misinterpretation by the fans that the climax of Ash and Paul’s rivalry says that Ash is right and Paul is wrong when it’s actually that both of their methods are equally valid despite contrasting so much. At the end of the day Paul’s other Pokémon were genuinely upset when they heard he lost which would never have been the case if they truly thought he was abusing them. Paul is usually very good at determining a Pokémon’s potential and what their breaking point is, but went too far with Chimchar because of frustration at the deviation of what he saw from Chimchar upon first meeting him, and the performances he was giving since then. In the end Chimchar wasn’t a fit for Paul’s style, but many of his other pokémon that he didn’t release were and seemed just fine with Paul’s way of doing things. I genuinely believe that if XY Ash met someone like Paul, he wouldn’t be nearly as quick to get all preachy on him about how he’s definitely in the wrong since he learnt to know better in DP. Also please don’t compare Paul’s case to that of a psychopath bent on literal global genocide.

6. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

? Far as i remember Alain is not a psychopaths .....a guy who have issued ? Sure

7. SH65

SH65 Victory Over All!

I think he was talking about Lysandre

Genaller likes this.
  8. Genaller

Genaller May 16th 2016 - October 12th 2019

I was referring to Lysandre cuz the guy talked about Ash being preachy during the TF climax in order to show that XY Ash was just as preachy as DP Ash.

Redstar45 likes this.
  9. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

Heh sorry and about that preachy Satoshi. ?.....i will take him over super preachy superman lol

Genaller and SH65 like this.
  10. J.Agera

J.Agera Well-Known Member

You really need to stop pretending that you watched XY.

11. J.Agera

J.Agera Well-Known Member

No problem if you disagree but you are making up some things which I never intended.
    Besides, I didn't state my opinions. I was being objective.

12. Hydrangea

Hydrangea Disgraced Phantom Thief Staff Member Moderator

Considering this thread has basically turned into people insulting one another I'm going to go ahead and close it.

Minor debates are fine but please do not personally attack other users/their opinions.

Alola Adventurer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.