• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How should gen 8 ash be handled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
The Pokémon Go thing was an April Fools joke. As for the kid thing, when Sun & Moon were announced, I thought the girl seemed like she could be Serena & Ash’s daughter.
......really!? Cool as that fan art is .....not taken as the canon or otherwise.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
The Pokémon Go thing was an April Fools joke. As for the kid thing, when Sun & Moon were announced, I thought the girl seemed like she could be Serena & Ash’s daughter.
They could put someone else for their April Fools joke. The fact they used him was an indication for more Ash glorification, including the recent rebooted movies outside of Detective Pikachu.

Actually the 1st fanart that I saw from the Sun Moon game Pokegirl was anime Serena attempting to murder her, because the latter forbids her to steal the spotlights away from her, way before we knew Lillie was the main anime Pokegirl in SM. So that was an early consensus that "Moon" and Serena were nothing alike.

SatoSereFan224888

They could put someone else for their April Fools joke. The fact they used him was an indication for more Ash glorification, including the recent rebooted movies outside of Detective Pikachu.

Actually the 1st fanart that I saw from the Sun Moon game Pokegirl was anime Serena attempting to murder her, because the latter forbids her to steal the spotlights away from her, way before we knew Lillie was the main anime Pokegirl in SM. So that was an early consensus that "Moon" and Serena were nothing alike.
I hate the fact Lillie is the main girl in the SM anime. In the games she follows you almost all the time which irritates me. Also in Galar Ash should travel alone so he won’t get sidetracked as often. Don’t worry, he would have a GPS to get around the region. Sorry for voicing my frustration.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Asking how Gen 8 Ash should be seems like just another way of saying how do you think Ash should be best written in-general. However if it were up to me, I'd just reboot his character in Kanto but no. Some factors of Gen 8 still count, so a reboot in Kanto is off the table since it's still sent in Galar. Honestly though, I'd prefer it in a similar way of that of Pokemon Adventures Red.

I'd really like Ash's battles to be shortened in the same style as Pokemon Adventures, a battle of brains where you make key decisions that feel like they all matter in some way, outsmarting the other until one trainer lands a shocking "checkmate" on the Pokemon with a single but effectively smart blow that surprises the audience even more because they understand how it happened even though they did not see it coming, not just some simple dodging and brute force like previous battles. In order for Ash to do this properly, he actually has to battle extremely powerful and smart opponents like the Elite Four or Giovanni, so for my idea of this series, Ash also has to grow into an extremely powerful trainer surpassing that of Ash-Greninja but no power-ups, no mega evolutions, no gimmicks. I want to see something like Infernape's Blaze Ability go against all odds against the Mega Evolutions, the opposing Ash-Greninja, the power-up gimmicks that Gen 8 has. A moment like that would amaze audiences and if it feels earned, will really show how far Ash has become as a Pokemon trainer.

Limitations and understanding those limitations are key to making a victory feel more satisfying. Also of course, I do want the battles to feel earned and make sense but if I want Ash to be like Red, he has to be a genius at Pokemon battles, he has to use unorthodox tactics like before, such as Buizel's Ice Aqua Jet, that actually make a lot of sense. Red's finishing blow to Green's (Rival) Pokemon in Pokemon Adventures was amazing because it was not only unorthodox but it made sense despite the odds being against him. I want to see something like that in the anime against an rival who uses tactics more accustomed of the game's rules.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SatoSereFan224888 said:
I hate the fact Lillie is the main girl in the SM anime. In the games she follows you almost all the time which irritates me. Also in Galar Ash should travel alone so he won’t get sidetracked as often. Don’t worry, he would have a GPS to get around the region. Sorry for voicing my frustration.

Him traveling alone would be awful; he isn't charismatic enough to carry the series on his own, but even if he did go on a solo journey, I don't believe that he'd be less distracted since he would still stop to help random COTDs and POTDs.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Having Ash travel alone would be even worse then him being bogged down by a large party. At least with companions he has people to bounce off of and help develop, but alone it’d be very boring. Not to mention the COTD fillers would still be there but worse, since Ash’s lack of an entertaining enough personality is usually bolstered with the help of his companions’ in those episodes.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
DW she's not the main girl in SM, since this series doen't have a main girl. Just background classmates who get mythicals all of a sudden

SatoSereFan224888

Him traveling alone would be awful; he isn't charismatic enough to carry the series on his own, but even if he did go on a solo journey, I don't believe that he'd be less distracted since he would still stop to help random COTDs and POTDs.
But the anime needs to cut down on filler episodes. 90% of the time, they’re pointless.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
DW she's not the main girl in SM, since this series doen't have a main girl. Just background classmates who get mythicals all of a sudden
Lillie is the main girl of SM. Stop trying to twist this. Won't work no matter what you say! You'll keep trying but it will fail. And fail! And will always I say fail!

Kintaro

Banned
Lillie is the main girl of SM. Stop trying to twist this. Won't work no matter what you say! You'll keep trying but it will fail. And fail! And will always I say fail!

There is no main girl of SM because all 3 of them were treated pretty equally. Lillie only got more focus in the first year when they were adapting Lusamine's story from the games, since then she took a backseat and definitely doesn't get any more focus episodes than Lana or Mallow do.

Barry Hernandez

As amourshipper or something like that (even as former Pokeshipper myself) Satoshi will ever never will be ending with pokegirl himself.
Sorry.
In the final episodes of the anime, he might end up with someone, most likely Dawn.
But in the next season I don’t think Ash will get a gf with anyone, since romance isn’t the main focus of the Pokemon Anime.

Last edited:

Moonlight Starlight

Can we keep this on topic about Ash and the 8th generation discussion on this thread then not talking about shipping on this thread if we don't want this thread board to be closed. Please keep this topic if we don't want this thread board be closed.
The one person who started the shipping thing in the first place is that one person on top that needs to stop bringing up about Ash and Serena about them having a child please keep that discussion somewhere else on the other shipping thread board discussion. But not on this here. If that person doesn't want this thread board not to be closed keep on discussions on Ash and the generation 8 please.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
This is your opinion and I respect it, so please respect my opinion. The way I see it, SM clearly changed the previous series format and went to its own direction. Therefore, in this new format, there isn't a main poke girl, just classmates.
Anyway, to the topic - I have a feeling Ash is going to grow up in the gen 8 series

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This is your opinion and I respect it, so please respect my opinion. The way I see it, SM clearly changed the previous series format and went to its own direction. Therefore, in this new format, there isn't a main poke girl, just classmates.
Anyway, to the topic - I have a feeling Ash is going to grow up in the gen 8 series
When pigs fly

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Up. The. Stakes.

Even if you don't believe Ash has run his course, I certain believe he has, the problem with his journey is that he ultimately has nothing to lose in this journey. An immortal child can't exactly lose time since time is basically a limitless resource in this world, he has no pride to lose since Gary and Paul are long gone, he's got nothing to give up. If he loses a league, he loses nothing. If he wins the league, he has everything to win. That's not a compelling story.

Jeal

Up. The. Stakes.

Even if you don't believe Ash has run his course, I certain believe he has, the problem with his journey is that he ultimately has nothing to lose in this journey. An immortal child can't exactly lose time since time is basically a limitless resource in this world, he has no pride to lose since Gary and Paul are long gone, he's got nothing to give up. If he loses a league, he loses nothing. If he wins the league, he has everything to win. That's not a compelling story.
That's not the problem. And it's not the writers's fault that the games's story is always the same boring tale.

Status
Not open for further replies.