• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How should i get started?

Pokemaster Ace

Personally I'd say if you want to play competitively start by getting 2/3 Keldeo tins and 3 Black Kyurem Boundaries Crossed decks. That would be a good way to get a very rough Blastdeo Deck going on. After that, trade/buy singles to get what you need.

Would you say the Blastdeo deck would be a good tournament deck to try start off with ? I'm just getting back into the game myself and I'm struggling to know where to start. I'm picking up a theme deck or two just for the energys and a few boosters or tins depending on funds.

Pokemaster Ace

$52 doesn't sound too bad, I'm just trying to figure out a good deck to start with. The fact Blastoise is in it I think is whats drawing me too it ha. Thanks for offering to trade !! When I build up my collection a bit I'll if we can figure out a trade or two :)

RNG_Reporter

I built that deck. I do recommend buying that theme deck with kyurem and blastoise in it. Good cards in there for you.

But I also got lucky and pulled a Blastoise earlier.

From there. Start buying your cards individually on eBay (most trainers are in packs of 4). And so on.

It's one of the only decks atm that will last after the rotation. So yeah. Just stay away from eels and darkrai. Waste of money

Pokemaster Ace

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully I'll be able to pick the that deck up tomorrow I know for sure my shop has the tin. I see myself blowing my budget very quickly tomorrow has. How often do rotations tend to happen? Don't want to rush out buy a load of cards and they are no use to me in a month or two.

RNG_Reporter

When the annual tournaments are done. Sometime in September.

RNG_Reporter

Blast/Keldeo will still be very useful next rotation. So no worries.

Or you can start planning a Plasma Deck. As in May a new Plasma Freeze is being released. With a lot of great cards with plasma.

*=Pichu=*

I love the Internet!
I just got my very first set of pokemon cards (and Pikachu is in it!.)

How do I play the game? I mean how do I get started?

Its Pokemon B&W Next Destinies

RNG_Reporter

You guys pulled some legit stuff. Nice work.

teh_original_pikachu

Don't use my avi -_-
You guys pulled some legit stuff. Nice work.

I liked how he pulled a squritle and got all happy, then pulled a skyla full art and was all "meh."

Pokemaster Ace

I liked how he pulled a squritle and got all happy, then pulled a skyla full art and was all "meh."

That's were it shows just how much we have to learn haha... In fairness he put the skyla straight into his deck.... Squirtle sadly did not make the cut! Funny part was he didn't know Skyla was even a rare until a few hours after he opened it, just thought it was a cool card.

*=Pichu=*

I love the Internet!
I just went down to this shop and they sold tins of the B&W ND cards for 6 bucks. I freaked when I saw Pikachu and Raichu in a B&W ND (what gen is B&W ND?) card set seem like they are bit to much of an older GEN to be in my set, but I am happy they are. And I just like to look at the cool pics on them anyway.

And I got this thick plastic card - sorta like a credit card with this number embossed on it, whats that card? It's a Joltioun (?) by the way.

teh_original_pikachu

Don't use my avi -_-
Is there a format for selling pokemon cards? Or are my cards no good or something? From what I see on other listings my prices are good and I listed set numbers and whatnot.

*facepalm*

only new cards (from about spring 2011 onwards) are allowed. Stop spamming your ebay link, it is against the rules, and I've already reported you.