• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How strong do you think Ash's pokemon are?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
With his strongest Pokémon(Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja, Infernape, Sceptile and Incineroar) I’d consider him to be between low-mid E4 level and Champion level via 10 Million Volts(I mean That moment solidified that Ash is the Champion of Alola plus overpowering Guardian of Alola is no joke given that it utilises the energy of an entire region)
Champion: Pikachu(10MV)
Mid-High E4: Greninja
Low-Mid E4: Charizard, Blazeape, Sceptile and Incineroar, Melmetal(Low E4 non ace) and Naganadel(Low E4 non ace)
High FB(Or at least somewhat comparable to): Snorlax, Lycanroc and Krookodile
We have no idea how good Incineroar is. It's never competed in a single battle. I would not give it the benefit of the doubt until it does. I agree it's good, but certainly not top 6 good. I would put Melmetal, Naganadel, and Lycanroc above it.

Fernsday

With his strongest Pokémon(Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja, Infernape, Sceptile and Incineroar) I’d consider him to be between low-mid E4 level
We have no idea how good Incineroar is. It's never competed in a single battle. I would not give it the benefit of the doubt until it does. I agree it's good, but certainly not top 6 good. I would put Melmetal, Naganadel, and Lycanroc above it.
Incineroar is easily Ash’s strongest Alolan Pokemon. Kukui’s Incineroar casually grabbed Melmetal’s DIB while an unmastered one left Silvally reeling, also overpowered Flash Cannon relatively easily and Torracat proceeded to beat it. Lycanroc lost to Kukui’s Braviary and Naganadel struggled a bit against Lucario(With their Dragon Pulses being equal in power) Ash’s Torracat literally defeated Kukui’s ace, you can’t be any more blunt than that, especially seeing how easily Incineroar dealt with Melmetal, yes you can go on about type disadvantage but the battle wouldn’t have turned out different given how Incineroar was even matching and arguably slightly stronger than Melmetal in physical strength and overpowered Flash Cannon with Darkest Lariat

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Ash's Pokemon's strength fluctuates depending on the needs of the plot.

nickdt

Talonflame is Ash's strongest mon, it doesn't even feel the drawback of Brave Bird, that already shows how strong it is.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Incineroar is easily Ash’s strongest Alolan Pokemon. Kukui’s Incineroar casually grabbed Melmetal’s DIB while an unmastered one left Silvally reeling, also overpowered Flash Cannon relatively easily and Torracat proceeded to beat it. Lycanroc lost to Kukui’s Braviary and Naganadel struggled a bit against Lucario(With their Dragon Pulses being equal in power) Ash’s Torracat literally defeated Kukui’s ace, you can’t be any more blunt than that, especially seeing how easily Incineroar dealt with Melmetal, yes you can go on about type disadvantage but the battle wouldn’t have turned out different given how Incineroar was even matching and arguably slightly stronger than Melmetal in physical strength and overpowered Flash Cannon with Darkest Lariat

I can't deny any of this, but my point is that Incineroar itself has never been used as an Incineroar. In fact, the writers made a mistake; they should have shown us how strong it was by using it against Kiawe's Turtonator in that final battle that happened after the league. Torracat was awesome; we have no idea how it will battle as an Incineroar. Remember Torterra? I'm not saying it's the same problem at all; Torterra seemed to not be able to handle its own size, but I'm just saying that I'm not really someone who just assumes things and gives the benefit of the doubt when we've never seen a Pokémon battle.

Leonhart

Imagineer
nickdt said:
Talonflame is Ash's strongest mon, it doesn't even feel the drawback of Brave Bird, that already shows how strong it is.

I don't see why Brave Bird would be the deciding factor when Fiarrow's win percentage is actually quite pitiful: if I remember right, when it comes to official battles, Fiarrow pretty much has the same win percentage as Dodaitose and Waninoko.

RafaSceptile

Unless we talk about a Torterra situation, Ash's Incineroar is stronger than Kukui's Incineroar, then it is probably between Battle Frontier Tier or Elite 4 Tier (also in the games Kukui is an Elite 4 Tier trainer)

RafaSceptile

I don't see why Brave Bird would be the deciding factor when Fiarrow's win percentage is actually quite pitiful: if I remember right, when it comes to official battles, Fiarrow pretty much has the same win percentage as Dodaitose and Waninoko.

Talonflame: 50% (9-9-1)
Totodile: 50% (6-6-0)
Torterra: 40.91% (9-13)

Ash's Pokémon with a worse win percentage than Torterra are Staraptor, Boldore, Butterfree, Donphan, Pidgeot, Gengar, Torkoal and Gliscor

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet

I know that you're joking but jokes should at least be kinda funny. Out of Ash's bird Pokemon Talonflame is somewhere in the middle and so far below Swellow that it's almost sad.

Fernsday

I can't deny any of this, but my point is that Incineroar itself has never been used as an Incineroar. In fact, the writers made a mistake; they should have shown us how strong it was by using it against Kiawe's Turtonator in that final battle that happened after the league. Torracat was awesome; we have no idea how it will battle as an Incineroar. Remember Torterra? I'm not saying it's the same problem at all; Torterra seemed to not be able to handle its own size, but I'm just saying that I'm not really someone who just assumes things and gives the benefit of the doubt when we've never seen a Pokémon battle.
I mean it's safe to say that Incineroar retained the power that Torracat had as the whole narrative of that battle was Torracat making Blast Burn its own power and yes he should've went up against Turtonator but it's guaranteed he'll essentially come out stronger the next time we see him

Fernsday

I know that you're joking but jokes should at least be kinda funny. Out of Ash's bird Pokemon Talonflame is somewhere in the middle and so far below Swellow that it's almost sad.
I would have to disagree, I'd consider Talonflame his strongest bird on the basis of feats. It took a charge beam and thunderbolt from Zapdos to put him down and was able to knock Moltres back and tag it with Brave Bird right after evolving, even as a Fletchinder it was able to damage Mega Lucario. In terms of all of Ash's flying types/birds, I'd say it's Talonflame>Hawlucha>Swellow>Gliscor>Noivern>Rowlet>Staraptor>Noctowl>Unfezant>Pidgeot>Butterfree

RafaSceptile

I would have to disagree, I'd consider Talonflame his strongest bird on the basis of feats. It took a charge beam and thunderbolt from Zapdos to put him down and was able to knock Moltres back and tag it with Brave Bird right after evolving, even as a Fletchinder it was able to damage Mega Lucario. In terms of all of Ash's flying types/birds, I'd say it's Talonflame>Hawlucha>Swellow>Gliscor>Noivern>Rowlet>Staraptor>Noctowl>Unfezant>Pidgeot>Butterfree

Can for a single damn time stop to overrate Gliscor by a lot? It is the Ash's Pokémon with the lowest Win Rate, Even lower than Torkoal, and even if it defeated Paul's Drapion, that is almost all it did during DP, still not sufficient for to be top4 Ash's Flying type Pokémon

Fernsday

Can for a single damn time stop to overrate Gliscor by a lot? It is the Ash's Pokémon with the lowest Win Rate, Even lower than Torkoal, and even if it defeated Paul's Drapion, that is almost all it did during DP, still not sufficient for to be top4 Ash's Flying type Pokémon
Bruh, bad win rate doesn’t equate to weak whatsoever, feats and matchups are significantly more important. Torkoal had a lot of losses but it got stronger training at Oak’s lab and managed to bring Brandon’s Registeel to its knees, plus the fact that Ash even chose to use it against Tobias shows that he trusts he’s a strong Pokémon, it did get one shotted but so did Heracross and it wasn’t gonna win a beam struggle against Darkrai. And Gliscor has had a lot of losses prior to training(Key word: Prior to training) but let’s look at each of them, lost to Gliscor as a timid Gligar which was obvious, tied with Barry’s Roserade who wasn’t necessarily a pushover(Beat Chimchar albeit weakened) lost to Snover(Significant disadvantage plus to give Chimchar two wins), lost to Torterra who was literally Paul’s ace alongside Electivire and he still managed to leave him panting and lost to McCann’s Scizor twice prior to training which was obvious given how much more experienced he is plus it’s part of Gliscor’s arc, Staraptor, Buizel and Grotle wouldn’t have done any better against McCann’s Scizor either. As for Torterra, that Electivire knew Ice Punch and was even giving Pikachu trouble, it took multiple hits from Bertha’s Hippowdon and even landed a Leaf Storm and apart from Gliscor was the only one who could even damage Drapion(+Overpowered Cross Poison with Energy Ball) while Buizel and Staraptor got stomped so no Torterra is not weak. By your logic, Scraggy is stronger than Sceptile(48%) because he has a higher win rate. So yes on the basis that Gliscor was able to defeat Drapion(Gliscor also took some damage from Ninjask so they were essentially on equal “health” when they fought despite Torterra’s hits) without too much worry is a great feat given how it plowed through half of Ash’s team and showcased a lot of great manoeuvrability such as essentially cancelling out the recharge effect of Giga Impact, etc and as for its loss against Electivire, wasn’t 100% plus Paul’s Electivire is a beast, none of Ash’s other Sinnoh mons apart from Pikachu and Infernape stood a chance

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

Bruh, bad win rate doesn’t equate to weak whatsoever, feats and matchups are significantly more important. Torkoal had a lot of losses but it got stronger training at Oak’s lab and managed to bring Brandon’s Registeel to its knees, plus the fact that Ash even chose to use it against Tobias shows that he trusts he’s a strong Pokémon, it did get one shotted but so did Heracross and it wasn’t gonna win a beam struggle against Darkrai. And Gliscor has had a lot of losses prior to training(Key word: Prior to training) but let’s look at each of them, lost to Gliscor as a timid Gligar which was obvious, tied with Barry’s Roserade who wasn’t necessarily a pushover(Beat Chimchar albeit weakened) lost to Snover(Significant disadvantage plus to give Chimchar two wins), lost to Torterra who was literally Paul’s ace alongside Electivire and he still managed to leave him panting and lost to McCann’s Scizor twice prior to training which was obvious given how much more experienced he is plus it’s part of Gliscor’s arc, Staraptor, Buizel and Grotle wouldn’t have done any better against McCann’s Scizor either. As for Torterra, that Electivire knew Ice Punch and was even giving Pikachu trouble, it took multiple hits from Bertha’s Hippowdon and even landed a Leaf Storm and apart from the Gliscor was the only one who could even damage Drapion(+Overpowered Cross Poison with Energy Ball) while Buizel and Staraptor got stomped so no Torterra is not weak. By your logic, Scraggy is stronger than Sceptile(48%) because he has a higher win rate. So yes on the basis that Gliscor was able to defeat Drapion while being poisoned and without too much worry is a great feat given how it plowed through half of Ash’s team and showcased a lot of great manoeuvrability such as essentially cancelling out the recharge effect of Giga Impact, etc and as for its loss against Electivire, wasn’t 100% plus Paul’s Electivire is a beast, none of Ash’s other Sinnoh mons apart from Pikachu and Infernape stood a chance

Scraggy has a very similar win rate to Sceptile, but the last one has a higher (by far) biggest feat

Scraggy: 4-3-2 (54.55%) vs
Sceptile: 15-13-1 (53.33%), but he defeated Tobias' Darkrai

This isn't the case with Gliscor vs the other Ash's Flying type Pokémon because some of those has a higher win rate by a lot, for example:

Rowlet: 8-3-0 (72.73%)
Noctowl: 4-2-0 (66.67%)
Swellow: 10-7-1 (57.89%)
Gliscor: 2-6-1 (30.00%)

The only birds with a similar Battle Record were like...Staraptor, Butterfree and Pidgeot

Fernsday

Scraggy has a very similar win rate to Sceptile, but the last one has a higher (by far) biggest feat

Scraggy: 4-3-2 (54.55%) vs
Sceptile: 15-13-1 (53.33%), but he defeated Tobias' Darkrai

This isn't the case with Gliscor vs the other Ash's Flying type Pokémon because some of those has a higher win rate by a lot, for example:

Rowlet: 8-3-0 (72.73%)
Noctowl: 4-2-0 (66.67%)
Swellow: 10-7-1 (57.89%)
Gliscor: 2-6-1 (30.00%)

The only birds with a similar Battle Record were like...Staraptor, Butterfree and Pidgeot
My point still stands, also Sceptile’s win rate is actually 48%(10-11), let’s take another example then, Kingler with a 71% win rate and Torterra with 33%, Torterra faced significantly stronger opponents and held his own against Bertha plus did a better job against Drapion than Staraptor and Buizel as mentioned prior. And once again, bad win rate does not equate to being weak, feats and matchups are significantly more important.

RafaSceptile

My point still stands, also Sceptile’s win rate is actually 48%(10-11), let’s take another example then, Kingler with a 71% win rate and Torterra with 33%, Torterra faced significantly stronger opponents and held his own against Bertha plus did a better job against Drapion than Staraptor and Buizel as mentioned prior. And once again, bad win rate does not equate to being weak, feats and matchups are significantly more important.

Ash's Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile:

AG014: W
AG016: L
AG020: W and L
AG031: W
AG041: L
AG048: W
AG056: L
AG068: W
AG070: W
AG085: W and L
AG096: W
AG101: L
AG111: L
AG128: W and L
AG129: W
AG130: W and L
AG131: L
AG149: L
AG164: W and W
AG166: W
AG172: L
AG192: D
DP189: W and L

Total: 15 W, 13 L, 1 D (53.33%)

Fernsday

My point still stands, also Sceptile’s win rate is actually 48%(10-11), let’s take another example then, Kingler with a 71% win rate and Torterra with 33%, Torterra faced significantly stronger opponents and held his own against Bertha plus did a better job against Drapion than Staraptor and Buizel as mentioned prior and obviously I’m well aware Sceptile had significantly better feats, that’s the whole point which you choose to ignore with Gliscor in which beating Paul’s Drapion is a better feat than Staraptor, Noctowl, etc’s feats and arguably better than Rowlet’s feats, I’m using your logic as you claim Gliscor’s overrated on the basis of his win rate despite him facing a lot of tough opponents prior to training such as McCann’s Scizor twice, Paul’s Torterra and Paul’s Gliscor while it was still a timid Gligar. And once again, bad win rate does not equate to being weak, feats and matchups are significantly more important.

RafaSceptile

And your matchups are a sign of your Win Rate. Feats are important when your Win Rates are very similar (for example, Infernape vs Ash Greninja), but the difference between Gliscor and other birds like Swellow/Noctowl/Rowlet is HUGE

And this about Ash's Sceptile Win Rate
Ash's Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile:

AG014: W
AG016: L
AG020: W and L
AG031: W
AG041: L
AG048: W
AG056: L
AG068: W
AG070: W
AG085: W and L