• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How strong do you think Ash's pokemon are?

For example .
Champion: Pikachu

High Elite Four:

Low Elite Four:Charizard ,Sceptile ect...

Battle Frontier Brain:

Pokemon League:

8th Gym Badge:

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
His strongest Pokemon Ash-Greninja and Pikachu (XY & SM) are high elite four imo.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Ash is Alola league champion so all of his Alola pokémon are Champions. That's literally in the series. Pikachu also won gym battles so it should also be under the gym battle ranking. And Pikachu also beat Brandon's Regice so it should also be in the Battle Frontier listing. None of Ash's pokémon ever beat an Elite Four so nothing should go there. I don't really feel like filling this out, it's all in the series.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'd say that Pikachu, Lizardon, Gekkouga, and Goukazaru are Champion-level Pokemon in the sense that they could probably defeat a member of a Champion's team. But there's some wiggle room there for things like Kabigon and Jukain.

Kuzehiko

Ash is Alola league champion so all of his Alola pokémon are Champions. That's literally in the series. Pikachu also won gym battles so it should also be under the gym battle ranking. And Pikachu also beat Brandon's Regice so it should also be in the Battle Frontier listing. None of Ash's pokémon ever beat an Elite Four so nothing should go there. I don't really feel like filling this out, it's all in the series.
sNyL9nq.png
sNyL9nq.png
bLr5A1u.png

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If it was a 3x3 match, I think his strongest team would be Pikachu, Greninja, & Infernape.

For a full battle, he'd probably include Sceptile, Lycanroc, and either Snorlax or Gengar

Kuzehiko

I think he means that those mons are champion level because Ash became a champion using them, not that they could all beat other champion's teams though.
Which is outright wong because champion level is the tier for class trainers like Cynthia, Diantha, Alder, etc.
SM Ash's team is nowhere close to them.
Ash becoming the Alola champion does not rank him in that level as OP asks.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Champion: Pikachu, Lycanroc, Melmetal, Torracat, Naganadel, Rowlet

Elite Four: N/A

Frontier Brain: Sceptile, Pikachu, Snorlax, Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Corphish, Swellow, Tauros, Grovyle, Heracross, Donphan

Pokémon League: Kingler, Muk, Pikachu, Lycanroc, Melmetal, Torracat, Rowlet, Naganadel, Snorlax, Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Noctowl, Tauros, Heracross, Grovyle, Torkoal, Corpish, Lapras, Swellow, Glalie, Gliscor, Staraptor, Buizel, Torterra, Infernape, Gible, Bayleef, Goodra, Greninja, Hawlucha, Talonflame, Noivern

8th gym badge: Pikachu, Talonflame, Greninja, Snorlax, Charizard, Corphish, Grovyle, Swellow, Snorunt, Infernape

I haven't seen most of the unova episodes so can't add those pokémon.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Mid E4 level-high E4 ( not counting Gigachu) :
A-G and Pikachu with 10MV attack.
Low E4 level or high FB+ level:
Charizard, Infernape and Sceptile.

Mid FB level: Incineroar and Snorlax

(remaining Pokemon go from low FB level to gym level)

BTW this is OS-SM ranking excluding XY because they E4 and Champion would have Mega, same with FB and gym leaders.

But if we talk about XY, then Ash's Pokemon are even lower for a bit.
If you think Ash's Alola Pokemon( except Pikachu) could beat Malva's Houndoom or Siebold's Blastoise which are E4 level you're greatly mistaken.

Last edited:

BabaVanga

Should we judge them by their last feats or potential?
I might be in minority in this but I don't really see the point of judging Pokémon by their last feat because it has little to no bearing on their capability to beat Pokémon that's generally seen as strong (like Champion/E4/FB "level") in the future - some of Ash's Pokémon really wasn't that impressive before they achieved their first big feat - and that makes me think most of Ash's Pokémon, especially the popular fully-evolved ones, could believably deafeat any FB, E4 or even Champion "level" Pokémon.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
They're all so inconsistent so it's hard to rank but I don't think anyone besides Pikachu and maybe Ash Greninja is Champion level.

TheCrazyMaster

Does anybody know if Scott saying that the Frontier Brains are just as strong as Agatha is exclusive to the dub or did they say it in the original as well? If so, then that would mean that most of Ash's Pokemon that he used during BF are quite possibly at least within low E4 level. Not that it's impossible, but that's a pretty hefty handful of Pokemon.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I don't think any are champion level, considering what Cynthia's Garchomp did to Paul's team.

Peakachu did decently against Agatha's Gengar, so its probably only on the level of the Elite 4 if it can land a 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. Ash Greninja should also be a reasonable match for a regular Elite 4 member, scaling its close battle with Alain's Zard-X to its battle with Malva's mega houndoom.

Maybe Blaze Infernape is close to Elite 4 level, but it was quite badly beaten by Flint, so I don't think it quite made it. Its on Frontier brain level, with Peakachu, Snorlax, Sceptile, Base Greninja and maybe some of the Alola team.

Most of the rest are 8th gym level. With even the weaker ones being at least average for a gym leader's pokemon.

The only ones that might be below Gym Leader level are Larvitar, Riolu (for now) and Totodile (if we take its battle with Sneasel as an outlier).

Last edited:

TheCrazyMaster

The thing is I can't help but feel like the battle with Flint was an example of Ash's Pokemon's power levels being played with for the sake of the plot. In that particular battle Pikachu was portrayed as being leagues above Ash's other Sinnoh Pokemon, even Infernape, even though throughout DP Pikachu was seen training alongside them, trading even blows with them and having it just as difficult as the rest of Ash's Sinnoh team facing off against various opponents. Combined with the fact that Ash's Pokemon have never been beaten THAT badly by Elite Four members in the past (Grovyle and Torterra took a few hits before going down, and in the latter case even parrying blows), I'd say that Infernape is probably within E4 level.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I don't think any are champion level, considering what Cynthia's Garchomp did to Paul's team.

Peakachu lost to Agatha's Gengar, so its probably only on the level of the Elite 4 if it can land a 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. Ash Greninja should also be a reasonable match for a regular Elite 4 member, scaling its close battle with Alain's Zard-X to its battle with Malva's mega houndoom.

Maybe Blaze Infernape is close to Elite 4 level, but it was quite badly beaten by Flint, so I don't think it quite made it. Its on Frontier brain level, with Peakachu, Snorlax, Sceptile, Base Greninja and maybe some of the Alola team.

Most of the rest are 8th gym level. With even the weaker ones being at least average for a gym leader's pokemon.

The only ones that might be below Gym Leader level are Larvitar, Riolu (for now) and Totodile (if we take its battle with Sneasel as an outlier).
Agree, but I do think that A-G would be able to beat Cynthia's Garchomp since he "beat" Diantha's Base Gardevoir since it had to Mega evolve. But, I do think Pikachu with 10MV would also defeat Garchomp. But Cynthia's Mega Garchomp: yeah he would've defeated A-G and survive 10MV.
Yeah, Charizard, Infernape and Sceptile are on low E4 base level or high FB level like DP Regirock . As of Alola team only Incineroar is on Snorlax level which is mid FB and Melmetal would be low FB level come to think of it. Gigachu is already confirmed to be above Base Champion level.

TheCrazyMaster

Agree, but I do think that A-G would be able to beat Cynthia's Garchomp since he "beat" Diantha's Base Gardevoir since it had to Mega evolve. But, I do think Pikachu with 10MV would also defeat Garchomp. But Cynthia's Mega Garchomp: yeah he would've defeated A-G and survive 10MV.

Both Mega Garchomp and base Garchomp would survive 10MV. They're both ground types.