• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How strong is Ash Ketchum from every region?

I would say Battle Frontier, Sinnoh, and Journies Ash are elite 4 level as well

Pokemonfan5

Kanto: mid gym leader level (most of his gym badges are pity one)
Johto: higher than gym leader (he beat all gym leaders and reach top 8 in johto league)
Hoenn/Battle frontier: Frontier brain or close to E4 (he beat BF and Brandon was pretty much E4 level but he didn't use Regirock)
Sinnoh: same as Battle frontier (he is slightly stronger than Battle frontier level or maybe reach E4 level)
Unova: higher than gym leader (reset Ash who probably as strong as Johto one with strongest team of Unova and Pikachu)
Kalos: Above E4 (easily stronger than any E4 we seen yet, he was so close in his battle against Alain who is much more powerful than any E4 so Alain should be champion level, Ash also give Champion Diantha run for her money)
Alola: champion (easily high champion tier trainer, he not only win the league but also beat Kukui who is considered a champion tier trainer, also beat Tapu Koko who was beyond champion opponent in both games and anime along with Guardian of Alola which is the most powerful z move in Alola)

Last edited:

gym master47

Johto: higher than gym leader (he beat all gym leaders and reach top 8 in johto league)
Hoenn/Battle frontier: Frontier brain or close to E4 (he beat BF and Brandon was pretty much E4 level but he didn't use Regirock)
Sinnoh: same as Battle frontier (he is slightly stronger than Battle frontier level or maybe reach E4 level)
Unova: higher than gym leader (reset Ash who probably as strong as Johto one with strongest team of Unova and Pikachu)
Kalos: Above E4 (easily stronger than any E4 we seen yet, he was so close in his battle against Alain who is much more powerful than any E4 so he should be champion level, he also give Champion Diantha run for her money)
Alola: champion (easily high champion tier trainer, he not only win the league but also beat Kukui who is considered a champion tier trainer, also beat Tapu Koko who was beyond champion opponent in both games and anime along with Guardian of Alola which is the most powerful z move in Alola)
ash in journeys: Am I joke to you

gym master47

Kalos: Above E4 (easily stronger than any E4 we seen yet, he was so close in his battle against Alain who is much more powerful than any E4 so he should be champion level, he also give Champion Diantha run for her money)
i think Sinnoh is barely e4 also you forget journeys lol

Pokemonfan5

ash in journeys: Am I joke to you
We don't know about whole team strength yet, Lucario and Sirfetch'd has won like only one battle, Gengar done really bad in last battle and I had mix feeling about Iris battle with Dragonite and Dracovish.

Ash's JN team is getting unbelievably strong in such a little time that who know whole team is maybe already champion level but we need to see that.

Last edited:

gym master47

We don't know about whole team strength yet, Lucario and Sirfetch'd has won like only one battle, Gengar done really bad in last battle and I had mix feeling about Iris battle with Dragonite and Dracovish.

Ash's JN team is getting strong in such a little time that who know whole team is already champion level but we need to see that.
true but he does battle people I think e4 level since he beat iris

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
BF and DP are champion league level.
XY is low E4 level. SM is straight E4 level.
Journeys is high E4 level close to regional champion level. Even though he defeated Iris we have to take into account it was a 2 vs 2 and not a full battle so we don't know how it would have gone had it been a 6 vs 6 battle.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Here's my hot(?) take:

OS - AG: low E4

BF - DP: mid E4

BW: low E4

XY - SM: low Champion

Journeys (so far): mid Champion, high Champion if he gets into the M8

Kanto : Low Leader
OI : High Leader
Johto : Mid Leader
Best Team Until OS : Mid BF
---------------------------------

Hoenn : High Leader
Kanto 2 : High BF - Low E4
Final Sinnoh team : High BF - Low E4
Best team until DP : High E4++
--------------------------------

Kalos : High E4
Best Team until XY : Champion
Alola : High E4+
Best Team until SM : Champion

ZarudeSandstorm

How strong is ash from every region he is in like for example Kalos ash e4 level?
it depends on pokemon
like if he used now charizard infernape, sceptile snorlax etc he would e4 or even champion level since they train with prof oak, if he uses newer pokemon ofc they would be weaker since it takes time to get stronger

so by that ash's pokemon are getting stronger and stronger so it goes like journeys> alola > kalos > BW > dp > ag > os if you mean it like this
if you mean ash as ash like his mind then it's same as above except bw which is around ag( before BF) level, so ash's mind is champion level in journeys

gym master47

Kanto : Low Leader
OI : High Leader
Johto : Mid Leader
Best Team Until OS : Mid BF
---------------------------------

Hoenn : High Leader
Kanto 2 : High BF - Low E4
Final Sinnoh team : High BF - Low E4
Best team until DP : High E4++
--------------------------------

Kalos : High E4
Best Team until XY : Champion
Alola : High E4+
Best Team until SM : Champion
everyone forgetting journeys also Kanto is mid gym leader i think

Leonhart

Imagineer
I feel that he was barely above Kanto Gym Leader level in Kanto, although even that's hard to judge properly since a few of the Kanto Gym Leaders such as Natsume in particular simply gave him a Gym badge without fully showing the extent of their skills. BW remains the only saga where I felt that his skills slipped in contrast to earlier sagas, at least in the beginning. At the time he seemed to have fallen back to Gym Leader level, to me at least.

gym master47

I feel that he was barely above Kanto Gym Leader level in Kanto, although even that's hard to judge properly since a few of the Kanto Gym Leaders such as Natsume in particular simply gave him a Gym badge without fully showing the extent of their skills. BW remains the only saga where I felt that his skills slipped in contrast to earlier sagas, at least in the beginning. At the time he seemed to have fallen back to Gym Leader level, to me at least.
i agree bw feels like a new trainer but he isn't he prob just take a month break and he was very very rusty i think

As much as I like Onvern, I think that Dodaitose would win based on the fact that it had a good battle record before fully evolving, and it still managed to put up a decent fight against its later opponents [which included the strongest Gym Leader in Shinou and a member of the Four Heavenly Kings] even when it lost.
If Ash was above a gym leader in Kanto, then Sawyer in XY should also be above any leader, so his Salamence should be as strong as Volkner Electivire or more, Noivern tied with Salamence, shouldn't Noivern be stronger than Torterra?

DMS_Shisui

Kanto: Mid gym leader level

Johto: Mid gym leader level

Hoenn: High gym leader level

Sinnoh: Low E4 level

Unova: Mid-High gym leader level

Kalos: Mid-High E4 level

Alola: Lower Champion level

Journeys: Mid E4 - Lower Champion level

Edit(2/2022) - Journeys: Mid-High Champion level

Last edited: