• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How strong is Prof. Kukui?

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Well nop
At some undetermined time, Drake became the champion of the Orange League and was recognized as the strongest Trainer in the Orange Archipelago. His partner is a Dragonite, which is easily his strongest Pokémon, as it managed to defeat three of Ash's Pokémon in a row.
Do you even watch the anime? He is not addressed as Champion, he is Orange Crew Supreme Gym Leader.

That is why he is not displaced upon defeat. Because he is a gym leader not league champion.

Ash can defeat him but he cannot even win the Silver Conference, Drake is far below Kanto-Johto Elite 4.

CMButch

Do you even watch the anime? He is not addressed as Champion, he is Orange Crew Supreme Gym Leader.

That is why he is not displaced upon defeat. Because he is a gym leader not league champion.

Ash can defeat him but he cannot even win the Silver Conference, Drake is far below Kanto-Johto Elite 4.
Did you even read this? According to what I wrote(copy/pasted) he was Orange Champion.
And KUkui BTW was never stated to be CHampion, he's just known as Pokemon trainer/proffessor/wrestler.

Ash can defeat him but cannot even win Silver Conference...?
Same goes for Kukui and E4/Champions.
Ash can defeat Kukui but yet he can't beat E4 and Champions with his SM team( except Pikachu).LOL.

Last edited:
His partner is a Dragonite, which is easily his strongest Pokémon, as it managed to defeat three of Ash's Pokémon in a row.
3 exhausted pokemons, you should take that into your calculation.
Did you even read this? According to what I wrote(copy/pasted) he was Orange Champion.
Copy pasted from where? I know he beat another Supreme Gym Leader before, he then also become the successor. But equating him to mainstream league champion is incorrect. In Orange League, champions are those who have defeated Supreme Gym Leader. There are multiple champions, including Ash. And it is not a title.
And KUkui BTW was never stated to be CHampion, he's just known as Pokemon trainer/proffessor/wrestler.
So is Raihan, he is not a champion but he is stated to be stronger than some other regional champions. You cannot based your argument on something like title alone, not every league is equal.
Ash can defeat Kukui but yet he can't beat E4 and Champions with his SM team( except Pikachu).LOL.
You are resorting to non-fact now? Only assumption like this?

Your argument is contradictory, first you say someone is weaker than the other because the other is champion while the other is not. Now you claim Ash (Champion) cannot defeat Elite 4, we never see Ash battling E4 with his Alolan team.

Last edited:

CMButch

3 exhausted pokemons, you should take that into your calculation.

Copy pasted from where? I know he beat another Supreme Gym Leader before, he then also become the successor. But equating him to mainstream league champion is incorrect. In Orange League, champions are those who have defeated Supreme Gym Leader. There are multiple champions, including Ash.

So is Raihan, he is not a champion but he is stated to be stronger than some other regional champions. You cannot based your argument on something like title alone, not every league is equal.

You are resorting to non-fact now? Only assumption like this?
Dragonite had like 10 moves, plus TR tried to capture him.
From Bulbapedia. And from Serebii: "Being the undefeated champion, Drake has amassed a team of many powerful Pokémon and has become a man of legend on Pumello Island."
I know it's incorrect, same way equating Kukui to Champion/E4 because of "narrative" is incorrect.

Not every league is equal? Well yeah, that's why Alola league is one of the weaker leagues :D
Well, how are E4 and Champions like Cynthia, Malva, Diantha etc E4/Champions? Because of titles. You have to start somewhere.
Nope, those are facts Ash's SM team (apart from Pikachu) are not that strong, they would be able to defeat some FB's and that's it. E4 and especially Champions? They get sweeped. Malva's Mega Houndoom alone can sweep Incine, DL, Rowlet, Melmetal and Naganadel.Maybe after taking out first 4, maybe Incineroar could barely take it but Malva's second Pokemon destroys him.And one more thing, assumption would be his SM team how strong they would be in future, which I am not talking about. I am talking about SM team in ... well SM; more importantly vs Kukui fight..
EDIT: did anyone notice tag on this?

Last edited:
From Bulbapedia. And from Serebii: "Being the undefeated champion, Drake has amassed a team of many powerful Pokémon and has become a man of legend on Pumello Island."
I know it's incorrect, same way equating Kukui to Champion/E4 because of "narrative" is incorrect.
You should not use biography from unofficial site as fact. The anime never call Drake as Champion, sure he won against a Supreme Gym Leader in the past, making him one of the champions of Orange League but as I said, winning against Supreme Gym Leader do not grant someone Pokemon Champion title.
Not every league is equal? Well yeah, that's why Alola league is one of the weaker leagues :D
Yes I know Alola is the weakest league but that doesn't mean every E4 of other leagues is stronger than the champion.
Malva's Mega Houndoom alone can sweep Incine, DL, Rowlet, Melmetal and Naganadel.Maybe after taking out first 4,
Lol lol lol
Just have DL use Radial Edgestorm.
You also seem to forget that Incineror know a Fighting type move.

Last edited:

CMButch

You should not use biography from unofficial site as fact. The anime never call Drake as Champion, sure he won against a Supreme Gym Leader in the past, making him one of the champions of Orange League but as I said, winning against Supreme Gym Leader do not grant someone Pokemon Champion title.

Yes I know Alola is the weakest league but that doesn't mean every E4 of other leagues is stronger than the champion.

Lol lol lol
Just have DL use Radial Edgestorm.
Like I said I agree with that, this was just my sarcastic response that if Kukui is "a champion or E4" because of "narrative", so is Drake, while in reality neither of them are.
Well, I never said that.
Champions of Kanto - Kalos league > E4 level of Kanto-Kalos league.
LOL. Just have Turtonator use IO on Steelix or Pikachu use GH on Golisopod. Ooops we all know how that went :D. Or Primarina on Golisopod.

CMButch

Not as farfetched as saying Malva's Mega Houndoom will beat Lycanroc (+Z-Move), Naganadel, and Incineroar.

Just put Incineroar with Z move, DL with Z move and Melmetal and we're good lol.( Rotom dex allows you to do two Z moves IIRC).

Just put Incineroar with Z move, DL with Z move and Melmetal and we're good lol.( Rotom dex allows you to do two Z moves IIRC).
Better put Naganadel than Melmetal against Mega Houndoom.
However I would say that Incineroar with Inferno Overdrive would beat two Regis and with Incinium Z I would say he would beat low E4 level Pokemon.
Ash Incineroar is as strong Ash Kukui. So with Z-Move it can take on pokemons of low level E4 like Malva, right?
But this one is Mega Evolution, so I decided to change it with Ash other strong SM pokemon who have type advantage: Lycanroc. Malva's Houndoom do not have coverage against Rock Type.

CMButch

Better put Naganadel than Melmetal against Mega Houndoom.

Ash Incineroar is as strong Ash Kukui. So with Z-Move it can take on pokemons of low level E4 like Malva, right?
But this one is Mega Evolution, so I decided to change it with Ash other strong SM pokemon who have type advantage: Lycanroc. Malva's Houndoom do not have coverage against Rock Type.
Yeah but Melmetal is stronger than Naganadel, he would do greater damage than him. His DiB would be stronger hit than any Naganadel's moves. Naganadel has speed which could put him in better spot than Melmetal..I would say Incineroar would be comparable to like Base Houndoom but not Mega with Z move.

Yeah but Melmetal is stronger than DL(not that much), he would do greater damage than DL but yeah DL would be better choice.I would say it would be comparable to like Base Houndoom but not Mega with Z move.
Even if DL with Radial Edgestorm lose, it will still deal heavy damage allowing Naganadel to swiftly finish it with its speed and ranged move.