• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How strong is Prof. Kukui?

nickdt

Well... now it depends on the Alola episode.

If Go wins against Kiawe (Which he realisticially can't), that instantly devalues Ash's Alola League win, his team, the participants and their teams, but also Kukui's team.

I think around E4 levels easily. I can also Definitely see ash defeating elite fours in the near future too considering how he almost took down Alain who took down malva and how kukui to me is an Elite 4 member strength. He's definitely not as strong as other regional champions tho. But I'll definitely keep him at elite 4 level.
Sorry if I reply so late, but remember that Flint literally smashed Ash, Pikachu, Infernape and Buizel ..
It's confusing but E4 level is quite high

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I think he is at Malva Level or Kalos Ash level
Only Ash Greninja is stronger than incineroar I guess...
And Pikachu and Charizard and Sceptile and Blazeape.

Last edited:

CMButch

However, I think it is fair enough to say that Ash Incineroar = Ash Infernape
Yeah( BTW I meant Blazeape in my post above, I think Ash's Incineroar is stronger than Infernape but not Blazeape. BTW Incineroar with Z move would beat Blazeape and Sceptile I would say, idk about Charizard.

CMButch

I think Ash has to face them if they are in PWC because they would be in Top 20 per say, so eventually Ash would battle some. But I have feeling we won't see them idk, just a hunch. I mean Lance who is E4 member(?) is in Top 8 instead of Diantha, Alder, Steven, even Raihan is. I feel writers would put :" they're busy so they didn't participate" tag in it. Plus if we go by this we don't even know whoa re Champions of Kanto and Johto if Lance is like strongest E4 member. (In this appearance, Lance was referred to as an Elite Four member instead of a Champion, implying he lost the title at some point after his previous appearance.)

I think Ash has to face them if they are in PWC because they would be in Top 20 per say, so eventually Ash would battle some. But I have feeling we won't see them idk, just a hunch. I mean Lance who is E4 member(?) is in Top 8 instead of Diantha, Alder, Steven, even Raihan is. I feel writers would put :" they're busy so they didn't participate" tag in it. Plus if we go by this we don't even know whoa re Champions of Kanto and Johto if Lance is like strongest E4 member. (In this appearance, Lance was referred to as an Elite Four member instead of a Champion, implying he lost the title at some point after his previous appearance.)
But he won the fayenza world tournament and the Elite four "Cup"

CMButch

But he won the fayenza world tournament and the Elite four "Cup"
IDK then, I just read that he's not Champion anymore. SO writers kinda messed up since now we have 2 unknown champions of Kanto and Johto xd.I think they could've done like connect and make Lance Champ or K and J with one E4. We know K E4 are Lance, Agatha, Prima and Bruno, while Johto E4 are like Karen,Will ( maybe Koga if he makes appearance).

IDK then, I just read that he's not Champion anymore. SO writers kinda messed up since now we have 2 unknown champions of Kanto and Johto xd.I think they could've done like connect and make Lance Champ or K and J with one E4. We know K E4 are Lance, Agatha, Prima and Bruno, while Johto E4 are like Karen,Will ( maybe Koga if he makes appearance).
I'd like to see Flint, if he's Top 10 it's fair enough considering how powerful his infernape is, but it seems like the rest of his team isn't very well trained, or just Cynthia is other level

Yes, he is not refered as Champion but if I understand correctly, Kanto-Johto in the anime do not have champion, that is why there are this Elite 4 Cup, to decide who is the strongest trainer in Kanto-Johto and Lance is the victor. Btw, Kanto-Johto is actually 2 regions which share the same Champion and Elite 4, so it is not 2 unknown champions but just 1 unfilled champion which is represented by Lance as the strongest Elite 4 in Kanto-Johto.

Regarding the other regional champions, they might be part of that Master Eight, still 5 slots remaining.

Last edited:

LucasMV

I think Ash has to face them if they are in PWC because they would be in Top 20 per say, so eventually Ash would battle some. But I have feeling we won't see them idk, just a hunch. I mean Lance who is E4 member(?) is in Top 8 instead of Diantha, Alder, Steven, even Raihan is. I feel writers would put :" they're busy so they didn't participate" tag in it.

That wouldn't make sense, cause why would they call Leon the absolute/unbeatable Champion and strongest trainer in the world, if other Champions like Cynthia aren't even participating in the PWC? Leon can only be the strongest trainer in the world if all the other Champions participate in the PWC and he ranks higher, if not he would just be called "the strongest trainer in the PWC", not the world.

So we have to assume that all the strongest trainers, specially those with an official title of some sort (Champions/E4) participate in the PWC.

Sorry if I reply so late, but remember that Flint literally smashed Ash, Pikachu, Infernape and Buizel ..
It's confusing but E4 level is quite high

That was in DP though. There's 2 things that make things different now:
1-Ash is much much stronger now that he was before.
2-Until DP, they made the E4 out to be on a whole other level, but after that they've humanized them and they're not that far above Ash's level anymore. Examples of this:
-Alain defeating Malva, going toe to toe with other E4 and Champion pokemon.
-Ash's Greninja almost defeating Alain's Charizard. Also Ash's Greninja giving Diantha's Gardevoir a hard time.
-Remember Cynthia's Garchomp one-shot Paul's Torterra (his strongest pokemon). Instead, Ash's Pikachu was able to take a direct Air Slash from Leon's Charizard and didn't look like it affected him that much, same with the other attacks they clashed, while Charizard was stronger, Pikachu was able to keep going after clashing, which by DP standards shouldn't have been possible.

If Go wins against Kiawe (Which he realisticially can't), that instantly devalues Ash's Alola League win, his team, the participants and their teams, but also Kukui's team.

Well, the obvious happened. Kiawe (almost) destroyed Go. He even had to take Raboot out of the way so as to not injure it badly with the Z-Move lol.

Last edited:

CMButch

That wouldn't make sense, cause why would they call Leon the absolute/unbeatable Champion and strongest trainer in the world, if other Champions like Cynthia aren't even participating in the PWC? Leon can only be the strongest trainer in the world if all the other Champions participate in the PWC and he ranks higher, if not he would just be called "the strongest trainer in the PWC", not the world.

So we have to assume that all the strongest trainers, specially those with an official title of some sort (Champions/E4) participate in the PWC.
That can be easily solved by saying that Leon beat other Champions in other tournaments/battles, so it doesn't have to be PWC strictly.
But personally I don't think he's strongest Champion I think when Cynthia appears with Giga Pokemon she would be equal to Leon per say.Same goes for Alder, Steven,Diantha with their Giga mons.But again we will have to wait and see that.

Last edited:

CMButch

Yes, he is not refered as Champion but if I understand correctly, Kanto-Johto in the anime do not have champion, that is why there are this Elite 4 Cup, to decide who is the strongest trainer in Kanto-Johto and Lance is the victor. Btw, Kanto-Johto is actually 2 regions which share the same Champion and Elite 4, so it is not 2 unknown champions but just 1 unfilled champion which is represented by Lance as the strongest Elite 4 in Kanto-Johto.

Regarding the other regional champions, they might be part of that Master Eight, still 5 slots remaining.
I see, so based on that Lance would be Champion level? But not Champion itself?If yes I know that Lance lost to Leon but I think if Lance had Giga Pokemon instead, then maybe he would tie with Leon if we go that all Champions are equal(including Leon; like all Champions or Champion levels have Gigamon Pokemon).

LucasMV

That can be easily solved by saying that Leon beat other Champions in other tournaments/battles, so it doesn't have to be PWC strictly.
But personally I don't think he's strongest Champion I think when Cynthia appears with Giga Pokemon she would be equal to Leon per say.Same goes for Alder, Steven,Diantha with their Giga mons.But again we will have to wait and see that.

Still, if Lance is competing, then why wouldn't Cynthia, Steven, Alder, Diantha and the E4 members be competing too?

I see, so based on that Lance would be Champion level? But not Champion itself?If yes I know that Lance lost to Leon but I think if Lance had Giga Pokemon instead, then maybe he would tie with Leon if we go that all Champions are equal(including Leon; like all Champions or Champion levels have Gigamon Pokemon).

Are Gigamax pokemon stronger than Dynamax pokemon? I don't have a Switch so I don't know how it is in-game, but from what I gathered the only difference between G-Max and D-Max was in the names and effects of the attacks.

CMButch

Are Gigamax pokemon stronger than Dynamax pokemon? I don't have a Switch so I don't know how it is in-game, but from what I gathered the only difference between G-Max and D-Max was in the names and effects of the attacks.
I think Giga edges is out due G max move? But Giga can be weaker or stronger than Dyna depends on level of Pokemon( no matter that Dynamax candy). But in anime, I think writers made Giga > Dyna( still not that much) which would come from Pikachu, since Dynamax Pikachu looks much better( Ash's Pikachu is speedster and would be better at moving if they Dyanamaxed it instead of Pikahcu being fat boi) they could've made it that but they chose Giga so obviously Giga would be stronger( at least its moves) compared to Dynamax.So maybe they're equal in durability and "HP", but Gigas ( all 4 no matter G max move) moves are stronger.

Last edited: