• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How strong is Prof. Kukui?

I see, so based on that Lance would be Champion level? But not Champion itself?If yes I know that Lance lost to Leon but I think if Lance had Giga Pokemon instead, then maybe he would tie with Leon if we go that all Champions are equal(including Leon; like all Champions or Champion levels have Gigamon Pokemon).
They said Lance won Pokemon World Tournament. Isn't Cynthia and Alder promoting the junior version of that tournament during BW series? It is probable that they participated in the Pokemon World Tournament that won by Lance which means he is champion level.

That wouldn't make sense, cause why would they call Leon the absolute/unbeatable Champion and strongest trainer in the world, if other Champions like Cynthia aren't even participating in the PWC? Leon can only be the strongest trainer in the world if all the other Champions participate in the PWC and he ranks higher, if not he would just be called "the strongest trainer in the PWC", not the world.

So we have to assume that all the strongest trainers, specially those with an official title of some sort (Champions/E4) participate in the PWC.

That was in DP though. There's 2 things that make things different now:
1-Ash is much much stronger now that he was before.
2-Until DP, they made the E4 out to be on a whole other level, but after that they've humanized them and they're not that far above Ash's level anymore. Examples of this:
-Alain defeating Malva, going toe to toe with other E4 and Champion pokemon.
-Ash's Greninja almost defeating Alain's Charizard. Also Ash's Greninja giving Diantha's Gardevoir a hard time.
-Remember Cynthia's Garchomp one-shot Paul's Torterra (his strongest pokemon). Instead, Ash's Pikachu was able to take a direct Air Slash from Leon's Charizard and didn't look like it affected him that much, same with the other attacks they clashed, while Charizard was stronger, Pikachu was able to keep going after clashing, which by DP standards shouldn't have been possible.

Well, the obvious happened. Kiawe (almost) destroyed Go. He even had to take Raboot out of the way so as to not injure it badly with the Z-Move lol.
Well Alain charizard destroyed the entire Kalos league, so it makes sense that he could defeat an E4 member, although I think you're right, I think kukui would be just a little bit above Malva (With Z-move and Tapu koko)
Kalos Ash level maybe

I really don't think Kukui is at the champion level without tapu koko, hes E4 level for me, Incineroar is quite strong but it never did something too relevant tbh

Pokemonfan5

I really don't think Kukui is at the champion level without tapu koko, hes E4 level for me, Incineroar is quite strong but it never did something too relevant tbh
Seeing how good champion Diantha and Iris ace performed in battle nah Kukui is at least in their level if not little higher than Iris

Kukui's Incineroar take out a mythical pokemon pretty easily which is no trainer pokemon did in anime including a highly trained legendary Silvally, Melmetal is much stronger than DP pikachu BEFORE Sinnoh league the same Pikachu was giving great fight to Flint Infernape before 8th gym battle and Flint is one of the most powerful if not the most powerful E4 without mega, Incineroar also taken super effective damages from Lycanroc and Torracat with huge Blast burn boost was barely able to win and next moment he faint himself

Okay, imo :

It was said in the anime that Iris and Diantha are champions, but not said in the anime that Kukui is champion or something, I mean, the games argument isnt very convincing considering that Acerola, Kahilli And the girl with the fairy-type Pokémon are bad trainers in the anime.

Kukui doesn't have a title to back him up, Incineroar doesn't have an achievement to back him up, and there's no way to show how much power Melmetal has, he fought very well against Silvally, but Tortunator did very well too, Incineroar beat him very easily, but speaking of Flint, his Infernape also defeated Ash's Infernape very easily, and with no type advantage, and Ash's Infernape> Melmetal..

Sure, he (Incineroar) defeated a Mega with Z-Move, but it was a TR guy we don't know how strong he is.

In conclusion, there is no way to prove that Kukui is champion level imo, Although it is fine if you believe it, after all he is the strongest trainef in alola.

Last edited:

Pokemonfan5

Showing bigger feat than the strongest E4 (except Lance whose title sound weird for 2nd rank trainer in PWC)we seen in anime make it obvious that he is champion level just like his game counterparts, he was also treated the final opponent for the protagonist in both games and anime to prove themselves as a champion, it's not like I'm saying everyone is as strong as their game counterparts because Hau is shown to be mid gym leader level in anime while he was champion level in games but Kukui shown the strength of a champion

Alain had a title of league winner so does that mean he is as powerful as hoenn league winner Tyson? Champion like Iris has title but not shown same level of strength as Kukui, ever since XY beating champion is no longer impossible while it was shown impossible in OS-BW only because Ash wasn't allowed to win the league, Alain and Ash shown reaching champion level in one series alone, beating champions like Cynthia won't be shown as hard task now as it was in DP because plot isn't forcing him to remain weak in comparison to even E4 now like it was before XY

Last edited:

Rune Knight

I always wondered what Kukui's final Pokémon could have been. The only piece of information that we were provided with is that none of his pokémon know electric attacks, therefore likely eliminating most if not all electric types.

I'd like to think that since he is confirmed to use two Pokémon which he uses in the games being Braviary and Incineroar and three which are original to his character in the anime, his last pokémon could naturally be another one from the games to balance things out. Since it can't be Magnezone, I'm going with Snorlax.

Snorlax, being the tank that it is could have likely taken a few hits from Naganadel before eliminating it with a move like Hyper Beam. Then would have likely lost to Pikachu once he fired his Z-Move.

That's my take, just felt like sharing it lol.

Pokemonfan5

Elite Four level lol. I mean he doesn’t train with 5 of the 6 every day. Empoleon is in sea, and who knows when the other Pokémon even eat or train.
Tbf we never seen any champions doing that either even for one second, in fact Braviary shown much more in action than other champions non ace pokemons, Kukui is like older version of Ash who train himself to get stronger and want to challenge strong opponents while he use his pokemons to research purpose too

Alain himself is champion level and the show tell us that Alain care about training his Charizard only so he can beat all the mega evolution with his mega Charizard only, just like half of Kukui team Alain get 5 strong pokemons to battle Ash, same is going to happen with all the champions or E4 Ash going to battle in JN

Last edited:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I always wondered what Kukui's final Pokémon could have been. The only piece of information that we were provided with is that none of his pokémon know electric attacks, therefore likely eliminating most if not all electric types.

I'd like to think that since he is confirmed to use two Pokémon which he uses in the games being Braviary and Incineroar and three which are original to his character in the anime, his last pokémon could naturally be another one from the games to balance things out. Since it can't be Magnezone, I'm going with Snorlax.

Snorlax, being the tank that it is could have likely taken a few hits from Naganadel before eliminating it with a move like Hyper Beam. Then would have likely lost to Pikachu once he fired his Z-Move.

That's my take, just felt like sharing it lol.
Or A-Ninetales. It also can beat Naganadel with Ice moves.

Rune Knight

Or A-Ninetales. It also can beat Naganadel with Ice moves.

Though I do consider Alolan Ninetails as a possiblility, I tend to think that he would have likely brought it out a lot earlier to assist and relate to Lillie's Alolan Vulpix. So even though it's not entirely impossible, I think that Snorlax fits better in my opinion.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Though I do consider Alolan Ninetails as a possiblility, I tend to think that he would have likely brought it out a lot earlier to assist and relate to Lillie's Alolan Vulpix. So even though it's not entirely impossible, I think that Snorlax fits better in my opinion.
Regarding Snorlax, it would be strange not to show it to Burnet, considering she has a Munchlax.

TBH, it's really strange that for the end of series group photo Kukui did not release from Pokeballs all of his Pokemon.

Not to mention, not inviting Inceneroar to his own wedding...

Rune Knight

Regarding Snorlax, it would be strange not to show it to Burnet, considering she has a Munchlax.

TBH, it's really strange that for the end of series group photo Kukui did not release from Pokeballs all of his Pokemon.

Not to mention, not inviting Inceneroar to his own wedding...

My argument for Munchlax is that it never needed development in the same way as Lillie's Vulpix who was connected directly to her character. His Incineroar was used to help grow Ash's Litten, so the incentive was there.

Point is there was never really a need to show off Snorlax.

GGuitarGuy95

Frontier lvl imo. A lot of ppl want to put him at E4 lvl because of the games, but the games and anime don’t correlate with each other at times. There’s zero implication he made the Alola League because he lost to Lance in the Anime. He made the League just because. Remember Kahili didn’t even make Top 16 in the League.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I would say this man is weaker than all gym leaders in the world.
He comes from a region that ppl barely battle in. He doesnt impress me at all