• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How strong is Prof. Kukui?

SoundVoltex

Mid FB. I can't imagine him being stronger than Branden when he controls 3 Regis in a 6v6, even with Tapu Koko. I wonder if Braden would be considered E4 strength though... He's a pretty big outlier.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Braviary since i beat guzmas golisopod

Same braviary was oneshotted by mega aggron of TR grunt. It defeated golisopod ages ago and guzma had become way more stronger after that.

Cant really judge kukui, he was pretty much given full team just fo sake of full match with ash just like alain was given in kalos league.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Same braviary was oneshotted by mega aggron of TR grunt. It defeated golisopod ages ago and guzma had become way more stronger after that.

Cant really judge kukui, he was pretty much given full team just fo sake of full match with ash just like alain was given in kalos league.
Idk you can justify Kukui having those Pokemon for research purposes in addition to battling but Alan had literally a full team slap dashed together for the sake of a 6v6 with Ash. They only existed for that battle and disappeared after save for Metagross

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness

On the other hand it defeated Ash Lycanroc which did defeat Gladion's Lycanroc who was a bit stronger than Hapu's Golurk. I know Lycanroc was defeated earlier bu Turtanator after being weakened by Marowak.

I do believe Kukui's Braviary, Guzma's Golisopod, Hapu's Golurk, Ash's Lycanroc, Gladion's Lycanroc and Kiawe's Turtanator are in the same Tier (Turtanator being the weakest of those).

I'm wondering if Venusaur or Emploeon are a bit stronger than Braviary, though.

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
Idk you can justify Kukui having those Pokemon for research purposes in addition to battling but Alan had literally a full team slap dashed together for the sake of a 6v6 with Ash. They only existed for that battle and disappeared after save for Metagross
I mean if we are going to assume, then we could probably assume that Lysandre might have given him the rest of his team.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
On the other hand it defeated Ash Lycanroc which did defeat Gladion's Lycanroc who was a bit stronger than Hapu's Golurk. I know Lycanroc was defeated earlier bu Turtanator after being weakened by Marowak.

I do believe Kukui's Braviary, Guzma's Golisopod, Hapu's Golurk, Ash's Lycanroc, Gladion's Lycanroc and Kiawe's Turtanator are in the same Tier (Turtanator being the weakest of those).

I'm wondering if Venusaur or Emploeon are a bit stronger than Braviary, though.

Ash's lycannroc may have beaten gladion's one but it was obious from the battle that gladion midnight ws stronger than ash, it dominated most of the math and lost with ash's cleverness of countering at the last second. It wasn't like it overpowered its opponent like what torracat did with incineroar. I wouldn't put lycannroc that higher.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Ash's lycannroc may have beaten gladion's one but it was obious from the battle that gladion midnight ws stronger than ash, it dominated most of the math and lost with ash's cleverness of countering at the last second. It wasn't like it overpowered its opponent like what torracat did with incineroar. I wouldn't put lycannroc that higher.

That's why I put both Lycanroc in the same Tier:)

I do believe the only Alola Pokemon put above the mentioned Tier are Pikachu, Silvally, Zoroark, Both Incineroar, Mudsdale and M-Aggron I guess. And, of course, Bewear:-D

Not sure about Naganadel yet.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Yeah, but its durability in that fight is still commendable, considering MN was powered up by swords dance

SoundVoltex

Sky Drop is also not very effective... but time and time again, type has like zero relevance in the anime lol.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
His power is strange to say the least. We definitely know his Incineroar is a brute who is into using Bulk Up (once. Stephanenee is disappointed). After around 150 episodes, despite spending too much time with his students, a kid who invaded his home (and took Lillie's pad), a wife (who doesn't seem open to the idea of having children), the many times he just never feels like using his Pokemon to fight threats like TR...and not even inviting his Incineroar to be the best man at his wedding, he has apparently never seen using his other 4 Pokemon who somehow are able to be viable threats (except his Lucario). His Masked Royal persona is known to use Incineroar all the time, so how does he even find the time to train his other members when no one is watching? We've only seen his other new(?) deals fight once, so we can't be certain how strong he is. One battle they've fought is just not enough to make a sure basis.

I'd say his power is drawn from hype alone and can't be measured realistically. It's so good that a deity, who never has had a special connection with Kukui, deems him worthy to fight together...against a Pikachu. (Us players had to sweat blood just to get a chance to catch the thing.)

Though he definitely isn't Champion level. Champions are never seen using other Pokemon other than their aces, and those aces wreck a whole team in their sleep (except maybe Diantha).

Last edited:

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Also is Burnet her forst or last name.Same with kukui because it would’ve weird if they call each other by there last names

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Also is Burnet her forst or last name.Same with kukui because it would’ve weird if they call each other by there last names
Everyone basically only has one name anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

AJ97

I find it hilarious people are comparing Kukui to be even remotely close to elite four-tier when in reality, even Ash with his best team would wipe the floor with Kukui.

Kukui's ace is his Incineroar which lost against Ash's Torracat. I'm sure all of you here would agree that Ash's Charizard would wipe the floor with Torracat.
Now let us look at Paul's Torterra. You could compare Paul's torterra to Ash's Charizard and possibly scale it be even stronger. Paul had the same amount of experience as Ash and unlike Ash, Paul always carried his starter with him across all the regions and it was indicated to be his strongest pokemon.

This torterra was effortlessly destroyed by Cynthia's Garchomp. The Elite four-tier trainers are strong enough to hold their own against a Champion. Kukui's Incineroar would get totally destroyed by even Paul's Torterra. An elite four member on the other hand lol, would destroy Kukui.

Kukui seems a lot like that unusually strong 8th gym leader like Volkner in terms of his strength, but still considerably weaker than experienced veteran trainers like Ash and Paul.

I see a lot of people comparing him to the frontier brains. Honestly, with the exception of Brandon and Anabel, I would consider the frontier Brains to be more or less like the 7th and 8th gym leader of every region. So Kukui could very well be as strong as a frontier brain, however, still no where close to Brandon and even Anabel.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
kind of hard to figure out how strong he is if we don't know what his sixth actually was.

not to mention Tapu-Koko interjecting itself makes things worse.