• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How Strong was Brandon/Jindai?

Power Level of Brandon/Jindai

• Gym Leader

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Elite Four

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Champion

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
We saw defeat Ash several times and saw him 6-0 Paul. He even ended Reggie's Career. Do you think he is Champion-Level? If so, where does this put Battle Frontier Ash in terms of strength?

Mew29240

I think Brandon is easily E4 level, if not higher, when using all 3 Regis. Ash didn't fight him at his absolute best since Brandon only used Regice in their last battle while Paul had to contend with all 3 in his full battle. So for BF Ash, I'd say (in my wholly non-objective viewpoint) that beating Brandon is something like winning against a Pokemon League Winner.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Pyramid King Brandon

The 3 Regis have firepower comparable to Ash's Charizard and defense comparable to Ash's Snorlax

Dusclops managed to defeat Charizard (Absolute BS)

Solrock defeated Ash's Squirtle and then drew to Bulbasaur

Brandon curb stomped Paul in a 6 on 6 with just 3 of his Regis while constantly switching them out

Red and Blue

He is probably E4 level at the very least. His other Pokemon are strong but he's truly formidable using all three of his Regis.

If he is in the PWC he would definitely be in the Hyper Class or one of the top 8

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
What is this poll lol? As if all champions or gym leaders are at the same level. He's as strong as Brandon, probably a bit weaker now since he got rid of his Registeel, Regice, and Regirock. Discounting his Pokémon and just looking at his battling skill I'd put him way beyond Leon.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I think people overestimate him. Within the context of when he appeared he's definitely Volkner level, so a very strong gym leader tier imo, maybe touching elite 4. But then again those unattainable tiers have come down with recent anime starting with XY and Malva so who knows

RafaSceptile

He is a Brain Frontier so at least between Gym Leader and Eliter 4. However, with the Regi Trio, I think he is mid E4 or even high E4.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Being the strongest frontier brain he is at Champion league level.
Ash had to use his strongest and most skilled Pokemon (at that moment) to defeat him. I don't think he is E4 level.
The anime made it clear E4>frontier brains at least up till XY.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Upper E4 ~ Lower Champion with all three Regis, and Lower E4 when only using one of them.

Really, Brandon should return instead of Volkner. He could show off Regieleki and Regidrago as a bonus.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
He doesnt even have his regis anymore
Like rewatching the sinnoh ep it makes it clear to me he left them with Regigiggas, thats what the episode implies