• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

how to catch chansey

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahlia

in the safari zone area 2, ive been looking for a chansey and once i saw one but it fled right away, should i feed it first and then throw balls and feed it again and so on? and also is safari zone area 2 like the second "map" in there?

Last edited:

Mr. Yoshi

i always give it bait, then throw two rocks, in any order. than i throw the ball :/ if you run out of steps, then stand on the area where chansey appears then tap the d-pad hard enough to make you look in another direction. don't move. that way, you won't be wasting steps, and you'll eventually find a chansey :) i hope i helped...

Dresden

Pokémon Master
I never bother with rocks or bait. Chances are, they'll run their first turn anyway. I just throw balls till I manage to catch one. Got one in my FR that way.

Perapmanta_017

I've seen Chansey once or twice. They are really hard to catch and they keep running away. The rareist Pokemon I've gotten is Dratini.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
I never have trouble getting Dratini in the Safari Zone. Just fish in that western part for a while with a Super Rod.

I managed to get Chansey, Kangaskhan, and Scyther after a while in my FR (although the Scyther took forever, and just before I caught one there, I also bought one from the game corner). Got a Kangaskhan in my LG too.

Do not use rocks or bait.

Let me repeat that.

Do not use rocks or bait. Seriously, Chansey has such a high probability of running away, so you should just use the item that actually will help you get it: The safari ball.

Let me repeat that.

Do not use rocks or bait. Seriously, Chansey has such a high probability of running away, so you should just use the item that actually will help you get it: The safari ball.

Yeah they keep running when i tired to use bait. Thanks for the tip. ALso pinsir is odd I can get it angry only once before it bails.

Meg Is Hoenn's Champ

Meg Is Hoenn's Champ
Hey.
Whenever I go to the Safari Zone I always see alot of Chansey's but It took me almost a week to actually catch one on my FireRed...Ugg!

PsychicPsycho

When the area I've found the most Chansey in is the one above the initial area. If you're going through the safari zone w/out surfing, you'll enter the first area first (of course) then go right to the second area. In this new area, make your way up and to the left, to advance to the third area. This third area is the one I'm talking about. Once in this area, move to the top right of it. There's a patch of grass up there that looks like a crescent moon (like a circle with a bite out of it). That's the place I've had the most success finding Chansey (I even found one with a lucky egg).

After far as the way to catch it once it's found, I think I've been able to get them by either using a ball first or throwing one or two things of bait then throwing a ball.

Let me repeat that.

End of discussion.

golduck#1

hey is there any way to get a lcuky egg in here like off a trainer or something or do i just have to catch chanseys tll i get one

You're gonna have to keep capturing Chanseys. In Pearl/Diamond it's probably a lot easier since you can find wild Chanseys outside of the Safari Zone, so you could just use Theif or Covet to try to steal one.

golduck#1

oh dam. well thanks for the advice

golduck#1

are you looking in the right area. dont they only appear in area's 2 and three. but i could be wrong

golduck#1

oh ok. yea it would be pretty hard then why dont u catch one in mewtwos cave u find them like lvl 60 there

Status
Not open for further replies.