• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How to connect via infrared?

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
Moved to 5th Gen Discussion, as this has no place in 5th Gen IGRMT.

yoursavior

Calm Mind
All you have to do is line up the infrared sensors of the games and wait for them to connect. After that you have to the freedom to move a bit away but not as far as if you were in the Pokemon Center.

5blackout55

Ace Trainer Blackout
Im using the DS Lite does it have the infra red feature?

BCVM22

Im using the DS Lite does it have the infra red feature?

It does not, no.

Fortunately for you, however, the infrared functionality is built into the game card (it's that tiny glossier spot on the top of the game card) and works regardless of what type of system you're playing on.

I noticed the game cartridge for black,white,heart gold and soul silver are darker. does this have to do with IR?

BCVM22

I noticed the game cartridge for black,white,heart gold and soul silver are darker. does this have to do with IR?

It has nothing to do with the actual functionality itself, no, but the IR-capable game cards are made of a slightly darker shade of plastic, yes.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
It does not, no.

Fortunately for you, however, the infrared functionality is built into the game card (it's that tiny glossier spot on the top of the game card) and works regardless of what type of system you're playing on.

Wow, way to make my heart skip a beat bro.