• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How to deal with them

Copygoo

Page of Heart
We've all met them; a**holes who believe Nintendo is kiddish and dumb. That's not too bad, the bad part is that THEY WON'T EVEN GIVE IT A CHANCE. My older brother is one. He thinks that Nintendo has old, overrehashed ideas, like Kirby. He also thinks that Mario's "save Peach" theme is too repetitive, and that Nintendo games never introduce any new concepts.

So, how do YOU deal with the guys? Simply leave them alone, or get into heated "Microsoft or Nintendo" conversations?

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Meh, just ignore 'em. Not worth bickering about.

And the "save Peach" thing is repetitive, but it's not like it matters in a game like Mario.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
If they don't like Nintendo, I don't really care. They're entitled to their own opinion. Hell, I'd probably be catching up with 360 games if I had one that was fixed. I like both systems equally.

Last edited:

Surfing_Pikachu

They can have their own opinion, so long as they TRIED, for a decent amount of time, both consoles. My friend has a 360 and a Wii, and I have a Wii. He likes the 360 more because he likes violent games. I like the Wii because it offers waaay more variety and less violent games. But I do hate people who hate the Wii just because it's for "casual" gamers. I still wait for the day they actually realize that there is no difference between casual gamers and hardcore gamers.

ijea4444

I don't try not to force my ideas onto others but I do tell them why I have my opinon, I just don't force them to agree with my reasons.

Slick

Banned
I have a 360, Wii and PS3, and quite frankly I like the Dreamcast Xbox 360 more than the others. I've played the Wii long enough to know that it's not completely filled with the good serious games the 360 has, and that these sorts of games come to the Wii quite occasionally. Having said that, the Wii doesn't deserve the reputation it's getting, because these "hardcore" games are damn good.
If someone says the Wii is casual, I agree with them, but point out that the console has it's great games, unlike the Naruto *** above me, calling their opinion shitty.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Let 'em be. Besides possibly the "kiddy" angle (and that can be argued against), everything that they usually claim that Nintendo does wrong counts equally well against their consoles. I also like to note the fact that few of them are able to elaborate beyond the blanket excuse of "Nintendo isn't for hardcore gamers" (which is untrue, virtually meaningless and usually they don't have reasons behind saying it), and many of them haven't even played the DS/Wii for more than ten minutes.

Then again, I could be seen the same way by others. I've only played a couple of hours with a 360, and I can't really see anything standout about it besides theoretically having to send it in for repairs every couple months. Yes, the Wii has gimmicky and kiddish games. So does the 360, oddly enough. Yes, the 360 has serious games. So does the Wii, believe it or not. It's just a matter of marketing.

Penguinist Trainer

Everyone has their own opinions. I personally can't stand the xbox. It's nothing against xbox owners, but I can't grasp the controls. I've played multiple games with my friends on their xboxes and I have the most difficult time playing the games.

I like Nintendo and playstation. my friends don't hold that against me. When theyre at my house, we use the systems I have. When I'm over their houses, we play the systems they have.

We're gamers, we don't care what system we're playing, as long as we are playing something, we're enjoying ourselves. We all have our personal preferences, just like people who drive cars. Some like to drive automatics, some standards, some domestic, some foreign.

There really is no right or wrong, people use what they like. If someone else has a problem with that, well that's their problem. You've got exactly what you want.

Slick

Banned
Everyone has their own opinions. I personally can't stand the xbox. It's nothing against xbox owners, but I can't grasp the controls. I've played multiple games with my friends on their xboxes and I have the most difficult time playing the games.

You can't stand the controller? I would say it's the best controller of this generation. Everything fits in my hands quite nicely, and it has a nice, good shape.

Penguinist Trainer

I don't know why, but the controller just feels awkward in my hands. I don't want to sound like I'm bashing the system, I personally just can't play the system comfortably. I'll play it with friends, but I can't enjoy playing solo on it.

No, both the Xbox and 360, I just can't grasp.

Last edited:

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
I dealt with this all the time, then I got an Xbox 360 a week ago, and Gears of War 2, which is fuck'n awesome. But if you play the Wii long enough like Slick said, you get the idea. I know for a fact that Slick likes No More Heroes (Wii). Instead of arguing, try to compliment the 360/Wii. If that doesn't work, ignore him forever.

Slick

Banned
I agree, the 360 controller is amazing.

Sure you didn't mean the original Xbox controller?

The ORIGINAL, ORIGINAL Xbox controller is...euch.

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing the system,

No, perfectly fine. I personally hate the PS3 controller.

I know for a fact that Slick likes No More Heroes (Wii).

Yeah, games like No More Heroes, Metroid and Super Mario Galaxy are the stuff that makes the Wii great, but the Wii's reputation is lowered due to all this other crap on it.

Pokemon_Veteran

Poké Sage
Sure the XBox 360 is more powerful than the Wii anyday, but power doesn't matter, especially if you don't need to use it. I prefer the Wii over the XBox 360 any day due to the content of the games, not the power of the system they reside on.
To me, Nintendo is the only one who actually makes true video games these days instead of the other guys whose best games reside in the mindless murder bad guys and monsters. Nintendo has more variety if you ask me.

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
I just avoid talking about Nintendo with these kind of people, because I know that no matter how good my arguements are, they will retaliate with a bulls**t insult/excuse from their book that is full of seemingly endless insults/excuses.

No matter how good your arguements are, you will not win in that debate against a Nintendo hater; it is as pointless as arguing with a box.